Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
This was my least favourite of the books, but probably my favourite movie.
Really? Any particular reason? I found it the most powerful if not the most pleasent. The chapter in the cave where Dumbledore is drinking the liquid I thought was the best written of the series, such a towering imperious figure made to seem so helpless and humble and that Harry was forced to inflict more pain onto him... But you generally seem to know what your talking about so i'm sure you appreciate the others more for good reason.

ZaraKu

HSC
I say Goblet of Fire was the worst movie so far. I heard Alfonso Cuaron (PoA) is having something to do with part 2 of DH, if so that'd be good, he did a great job with PoA in my opinion. I jumped in the cave scene, although I didn't expect the inferi to be an army of Gollums lol.

parawhoree

HSC
when i got home from watching this film, dad asked me who dies, i told him, and he said..."Ohh, the gandalf guy?" fucking hell its a wonder that i didnt punch him in the face.

inhinyero

HSC
HP6 sucks. it didnt satisfy and reach my expectations. The trailer is too engaging which is the opposite of the movie itself

HSC
Film was significantly darker than the rest. Which is a good thing considering the book is the same..

The acting seemed a bit weird to me. Sometimes you could almost see the cue... Emma Watson needs to work on her fake laugh.

Dumbledore's death scene was good, got a bit teary hahaha /nerd but yeah all in all it was good.

Felton's accent is different but he looks better lately.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Oh yeah I saw this the day it came out, not great. Best part was when Harry is sitting next to Ginny on the couch and the dad's sitting on the chair next to them with a pillow over his crotch, looks like he's hiding an erection lolz

abc123doremi

HSC
it was worth watching
it was definitely better than the horrible fifth one

the experience was good at the time - at least not as boring as fifth. however after it finishes, you'll realise it wasn't great. you need to have read the book to understand it or you'll be going wtf wtf wtf
but they miss out on everything in the book
and the romance is sudden and awkward (i believe there was even a point when ginny tied harry's shoelace..)

anyway they ended the movie with 'i never realised what a beautiful place this is'
when i heard it i sincerely hoped that wasn't the last line. and guess what.

it was.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I thought it was an alright film. Despite some subtle changes, some of the acting was pretty good. Kudos goes to Tom Fenton and Alan Rickman. The latter end of the film was spectacular. I just wish they focussed more on Horcruxes.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
havnt read the book in ages, but i now remember that bill gets bitten by fenrir, so yeah.

would've been good to have a massive fight scene near the end, i loved the 2 on 2 duel at end of hp5 btwn harry/srs and lucius/someone, shouldve been more wand fight scenes that looked like that.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
If you love Draco... you have to watch it. He looks so much hotter in this movie than the others :D

And yeah, i love the darker mood of this book, but there was seriously too much emphasise on the romance ><"

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
draco constantly looks like he has a pineapple violently inserted into his anus.

just that facial expression... :S

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
I know the movies will never live up to the books but I was quite dissapointed by the ending. I was curious as to how a group of death eaters walked through Hogwarts, without any form of disguise, past students and staff without anyone doing anything, except one auror (I think it was an auror) that got stunned.

Did anyone else jump when the inferi's hand came out of the water? I was sort of expecting it but still jumped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)