• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UAC book out now! (2 Viewers)

shady145

Banned
HSC
on this site Latest University Rankings: World University Ranking 2009 - Engineering Schools it says UNSW is ranked 27 in the world for engineering
and on this one Australian Engineering School Rankings it says uni of melbourne is better than UNSW
this one back up the rank 27 for UNSW QS Top Universities: University rankings in Technology and is the only one that has the uni i'm most likely to go to, UQ uni of qld lol ranked 61
how do u tell if it is a reliable source??? are there any official websites?

HSC
on this site Latest University Rankings: World University Ranking 2009 - Engineering Schools it says UNSW is ranked 27 in the world for engineering
and on this one Australian Engineering School Rankings it says uni of melbourne is better than UNSW
this one back up the rank 27 for UNSW QS Top Universities: University rankings in Technology and is the only one that has the uni i'm most likely to go to, UQ uni of qld lol ranked 61
haha its funny how the world ranking says UNSW is better than Melb U but the Australian Engineering School Rankings says Melb U is better.

so which is it?

I guess I'll just go to UNSW since its closer and doesn't require moving states.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
haha its funny how the world ranking says UNSW is better than Melb U but the Australian Engineering School Rankings says Melb U is better.

so which is it?

I guess I'll just go to UNSW since its closer and doesn't require moving states.
They're all the same.

You end up with a piece of paper... most of which people will just go back and collect more papers and then let them collect dust. Fun?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
"The Faculty of Engineering is the largest Engineering School in Australia, with over 7,500 students enrolled."

- straight from the UNSW website > UNSW: The University of New South Wales - Sydney Australia - FUTURE STUDENTS

One of the main reasons I do not want to go to UNSW... although the budget and resources are enticing ^^ (and the growing group of friends I'm making on BoS that are all going to UNSW makes it a little better).

sickk

HSC
"The Faculty of Engineering is the largest Engineering School in Australia, with over 7,500 students enrolled."

"BoS user Sickk is going to get 99.95 ATAR and his school is going to be ranked 1st this year and James Ruse will be last."

Just because i put it on the internet doesnt mean its tru :p

aimzlouise

HSC
our school has got both the UAC and QTAC books but our careers advisor won't give them to us till after our trials. He's done it like this because he wants us to focus on our trials instead of getting distracted by the books. I like his idea, but i got a sneek peak of what i needed for my course in careers class last week.

shady145

Banned
HSC
our school has got both the UAC and QTAC books but our careers advisor won't give them to us till after our trials. He's done it like this because he wants us to focus on our trials instead of getting distracted by the books. I like his idea, but i got a sneek peak of what i needed for my course in careers class last week.
we got the qtac last term and uac last week, careers advisor didnt care when we had them, actually he wants us to have selected what we want in like a week so we don't get stuck in the rush when most people do it...

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

"BoS user Sickk is going to get 99.95 ATAR and his school is going to be ranked 1st this year and James Ruse will be last."

Just because i put it on the internet doesnt mean its tru :p
You don't think the UNSW Engineering faculty has approximately 7500 students across all the Engineering courses? I have been there, once... and it certainly seemed like a friggin lot the day I was there.

I'm sure it would be close.

sickk

HSC
woops lol, i misread it rofl... i do not question the size of the school lol :lol:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
woops lol, i misread it rofl... i do not question the size of the school lol :lol:
Just because of your inability to read...

I +rep you... maybe if you earn yourself enough rep you can buy a brain that can compute information ?? XD lol

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
if we dont get it today, i swear there will be blood at my school. particularly over our careers advisor.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Hah, you can have mine. It's just a giant paperweight for me.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Is this at UNCLE or UNSW?
UNSW.

Thanks for the advice, i really appreciate it :)
I'm leaning towards civil right now, the idea of building stadiums and airports is highly appealing.. and the money is just too appealing XD
Just take into account rainy days where rain would add extra weight or thousands of people will get hurt.

engineering=sausage fest
it is :(

thats because some girls need to harden up and do engineering.
unfortunately that doesnt happen often.

- straight from the UNSW website > UNSW: The University of New South Wales - Sydney Australia - FUTURE STUDENTS

One of the main reasons I do not want to go to UNSW... although the budget and resources are enticing ^^ (and the growing group of friends I'm making on BoS that are all going to UNSW makes it a little better).
those 7500 know unsw is the best for engineering.
uts is for dropkicks or lazy bastards who cant be bothered spending another 15 minutes.
dont even consider other unis, they have appaling programs.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW.

Just take into account rainy days where rain would add extra weight or thousands of people will get hurt.

it is :(

thats because some girls need to harden up and do engineering.
unfortunately that doesnt happen often.

those 7500 know unsw is the best for engineering.
uts is for dropkicks or lazy bastards who cant be bothered spending another 15 minutes.
dont even consider other unis, they have appaling programs.
The Engineering faculty and course at Newcastle is great I've heard!

bettina44

HSC
law for 86 yeaaaaahhh boiii
me n ma boiz are gunna get law degrees

edit: it's actually not a bad option if you live in the west
could always fly over to new zealand and go to the uni of auckland its only 74 over there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)