• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UAC book out now! (2 Viewers)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
UAC book should be free for year 12 students from my understanding.
there is no need to pay ~$19 down at your local newsagent.

i advise AGAINST enrolling in the flexible stream or you will make the same mistake as me choosing subjects irrelevant to 2nd year.

if your mathematical and logical thinking is superior then electrical is for you.
civil is less demanding of course.
mechanical will require a good knowledge of understanding of physics at the macroscopic level (not quantum or anything like that, but more of motion and so on) and deals with lots of design, and some CAD (it sucks tho).

then will you realise the HSC is nothing.
there are more asians in commerce at unsw.
whites and indians fill up the rest of the numbers for engineering.
Is this at UNCLE or UNSW?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i advise AGAINST enrolling in the flexible stream or you will make the same mistake as me choosing subjects irrelevant to 2nd year.

if your mathematical and logical thinking is superior then electrical is for you.
civil is less demanding of course.
mechanical will require a good knowledge of understanding of physics at the macroscopic level (not quantum or anything like that, but more of motion and so on) and deals with lots of design, and some CAD (it sucks tho).
Thanks for the advice, i really appreciate it :)
I'm leaning towards civil right now, the idea of building stadiums and airports is highly appealing.. and the money is just too appealing XD

johony

HSC
law for 86 yeaaaaahhh boiii
me n ma boiz are gunna get law degrees

edit: it's actually not a bad option if you live in the west

Last edited:

johony

HSC
it is 90, but if you live in the greater west; you benefit from UWS triple advantage - which i believe is a 4 point discount for all courses, except medicine and certain other courses

*edit: actually it's 5 points now :eek:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
it is 90, but if you live in the greater west; you benefit from UWS triple advantage - which i believe is a 4 point discount for all courses, except medicine and certain other courses

lol ic ic =)

My friend wants to do law at UWS too =)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

wasnt it always 5 points? =S

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Speaking of advantages... UNCLE has the rural bonus scheme! + 4 points to my atar instantly w00t.... and then if I get a band 5 or 6 in Physics, Chemistry or E3 (I think) in MX1 and MX2 I can get another total maximum of 4 points (2 each I think)...

In total - 8 bonus from my understanding (but Newcastle might have a cap that they havn't said otherwise).

P.S. Civil Enginering at uncle is only 75.15 rofl... I guess it'll take it down to about 66.15 .... XD (not that it isn't low enough).

shady145

Banned
HSC
Pretty much lol - it's rated the best for engineering in all of australia and 16th in the world XD
ahh kool, i suppose if i google it i could find the rankings, i wanna go to UNSW but i dnt know anyone who lives down there anymore lol.
Aquawhite likes this.
lol y do u like this i'd rather more females XD

annabackwards like this.
lol

Someone should start a thread to see who's going to do engineering at UNSW XD
and possible poeple going XD, i heard sydney is expensive to live in so im looking at a uni with family or friends near

theMoment

HSC
would anyone be able to tell me the course requirements for law/international studies

and linguisitics?

thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)