Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Where do you recruit at if i may ask? :p
Oh I no longer work in HR. But I worked as a Recruitment Consultant for a number of NGO's. I've taken a break now, it got too repetitive!

But yea, you're not the only one. Most people make that same mistake. And thats usually one of the first questions that gets asked. "So, what about our organisation made you want to apply for this position" or something along those lines. Its the one tip I always give all my friends. Research, research, research.

HSC
Boo. I have to do my tax return soon.

Can I just waive the $300 tax return and not worry about having to fill in unnecessarily complicated form. I am terrible at filling in things. Get so easily confused :(

amber44

HSC
Boo. I have to do my tax return soon.

Can I just waive the $300 tax return and not worry about having to fill in unnecessarily complicated form. I am terrible at filling in things. Get so easily confused :(
Oh come on SP, the e tax application is easy as pie! DO IT!

lala2

Banned
HSC
I worked in recruitment primarily. So going through resumes/applications and sitting through interviews were my main tasks.

I think my biggest tip once you get to the interview stage is, know your stuff. As in, know everything you can about the role AND the organisation. Research it, learn it and have some questions ready. A lot of promising people turned out to be clueless and hopeless once they got to the interview stage cause they didnt bother to do simple research.

And dont wear jeans to an interview! Never!
Wow, thanks :) I guess it's obvious you should research the company beforehand, but it's one of those things you never do and then look stupid about it. Don't worry, I never wear jeans to interviews. I hope it isn't that common a mistake!

On the plus side, I chopped 1,771 words down to 1,279. It's not a word limit, but it's a page limit. Times New Roman, size 12 font, 2cm margins on all sides. We (it's a group project) cheated a bit with 1.75cm LH and RH margins but that's ok :)

HSC
N/A
question for the maths gurus

is there a function that can begin at x=0 and continue on its merry way, but then at some particular value of x start to rise up along a curve?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
question for the maths gurus

is there a function that can begin at x=0 and continue on its merry way, but then at some particular value of x start to rise up along a curve?
y = { 0 for x < 10
{ x2 - 100 for x >= 10

otherwise you could look at exponentials such as y = 0.0001ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)