Use of the word 'gay'... (1 Viewer)

HSC
What do people think of using this word to describe something as bad or inferior, or as an insult to someone?

K

khorne

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Using gay as an offensive term is just childish...Nothing really offensive about it.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I said "how gay" to a lesbian friend of mine (referring to uni assessments, not her sexuality), just to see how she'd react.

lol.

Iheartgays

HSC
This thread is epically requesting a penis into its male ass. Better?

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
not all gays like it in the arse
not all gays are male

shit troll, be less shit

pedobear

HSC
/quote all the above posts because they are lolworthy.

ok ok ok ok ok serious post time? i don't have an issue with the derogatory use of the term gay, and neither does my gay friend (for what it's worth).

dear God... i've sprung your poorly veiled trap of a thread and now I'm going to have to endure what I'm sure will be an enlightening strew of reasons how and why I am wrong.
:O

Iheartgays

HSC
You are wrong because gay is an offensive term. We should say 'THAT IS SO AFRICAN-AMERICAN' when we get a test back which we failed. Or 'THAT IS SO ASIAN-AUSTRALIAN' when we step in dog turd.

HSC
You are wrong because gay is an offensive term. We should say 'THAT IS SO AFRICAN-AMERICAN' when we get a test back which we failed. Or 'THAT IS SO ASIAN-AUSTRALIAN' when we step in dog turd.
Yeah. Exactly...you'd never use these terms, or if you did, you'd be considered very insensitive.

Tangent

HSC
Meh, my friends all say it, even whe they know i am gay. I dont really care, there aren't paying me out or anything. Its just a word, and they are my friends - easy to see who wins

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I don't really care if people say it.

Sometimes I even say it myself. Very occasionally someone at school will say it and then look awkward cos they realise I'm there but it rarely happens. It's very common.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It depends on context really. Who you're with can determine whether it is appropriate.

Tangent

HSC
Meh, my friends all say it, even whe they know i am gay. I dont really care, there aren't paying me out or anything. Its just a word, and they are my friends - easy to see who wins
BUT!!!! I guess im a lucky one. I didnt come out til i was 15, so that meant that people had matured quite a bit, and i wasn't subject to bullying (except from the few smart ass comments from the "jocks")

I think that this effects everyone differently, depending on whether they take it to heart. The whole definition of gay is changing...again. The word gay could always be used as an insult. When most people say something is gay, they don't mean for it to hurt anyone.

Though im saying this from my experiences, others are probably different, influencing their stance on this matter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)