• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (12 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
honest to god, i am not making it up, new staff are supposed to be trained in checkouts, everybody is supposed to be, so that express alerts actually work

edit:

also, here is me singing @ work X-mas/Farewell party

[youtube]JF4C32ewC-8[/youtube]

also, since i'm now in store most days 7:15-16:15, if anybody needs any real time help i thought i'd throw my self out there and say: you can contact me @ 98161464, just ask for alex, CoreComms me @ 1360 Customer Service Manager, or Host me @ NARNR.

Last edited:

Harry778

HSC
I have uploaded a photo of myself =D

If you ever see me, dont stalk me lol!

Alos, I was closing last night and about 10 mins before close time one of my stupid operators stuffed up! The customer wanted change from $140 but she typed in $100.40 then pressed ACCEPT. So the customer wanted to get it fixed but I didnt know how. Does anyone know what to do in this situation?

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC

Alos, I was closing last night and about 10 mins before close time one of my stupid operators stuffed up! The customer wanted change from $140 but she typed in $100.40 then pressed ACCEPT. So the customer wanted to get it fixed but I didnt know how. Does anyone know what to do in this situation?
Do a cash purchase of $39.60?

groovygirl said:
how does meat in the meat department get cut?
Don't know about you guys but all our meat comes in precut & prepackaged so the Butchery Department just has to put it in the multideck.

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
how does meat in the meat department get cut?
Depends if your store has a meat room or not. If your store doesn't - all the meat is cut at the Meat DC (for WA anyway).

For stores with meat rooms, the best way to tell what is from instore, and what's not is the label on the product. Stuff cut in store will say Store No. 1234 above the barcode.

groovygirl

HSC
oh alright, there is a meat room, but i dont know whether they cut it themselves or a machine doess it

bensneddon

HSC
oh alright, there is a meat room, but i dont know whether they cut it themselves or a machine doess it
Most of it is done by the butchers by hand, with the exception of mincing and stuff that requires the band saw.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

woah Harry, totally not what i was expecting, nice, very nice.

bensneddon

HSC
honest to god, i am not making it up, new staff are supposed to be trained in checkouts, everybody is supposed to be, so that express alerts actually work
Yep everybody who comes into stores is supposed to be trained on non-trade (pallet jacks, capping ladders, safety steps, spill kits, bailers, etc etc) and WoWPOS, plus do their department specific Phase 3 training in-store.

Employees who have been recruited for fresh then complete their Fresh Obsession training (or whatever they call it now... I did mine about 5 years ago)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yep everybody who comes into stores is supposed to be trained on non-trade (pallet jacks, capping ladders, safety steps, spill kits, bailers, etc etc) and WoWPOS, plus do their department specific Phase 3 training in-store.
I'm service and I only was trained on WoWPoS (checkouts)? I wasn't taught how to do anything else, apart from use the box crusher.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, training in stores needs a major overhaul imho, its all well and good saying people should get trained in this and that or whatever, but if it doesnt actually happen, whats the point. I think there should be a new SMART for Basic Training, and somebody in EVERY store making sure people get basic training

bensneddon

HSC
yeah, training in stores needs a major overhaul imho, its all well and good saying people should get trained in this and that or whatever, but if it doesnt actually happen, whats the point. I think there should be a new SMART for Basic Training, and somebody in EVERY store making sure people get basic training
I'm pretty sure there is already a SMART for training... or maybe it's part of the HR one... cant remember.

I agree that store staff need to take training more seriously. Not training staff screws stores over by increasing LTI and decreasing employee performance.

Bottom line is that the SM, SSM and Dept Mgr will have their asses handed to them if they get caught neglecting training, particularly in the training and development section of their IPDP.

I gotta say tho, over the past few years the focus on safety has greatly increased. I think this is being lead by Michael Luscombe and the Destination Zero goal.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I'm pretty sure there is already a SMART for training... or maybe it's part of the HR one... cant remember.

I agree that store staff need to take training more seriously. Not training staff screws stores over by increasing LTI and decreasing employee performance.

Bottom line is that the SM, SSM and Dept Mgr will have their asses handed to them if they get caught neglecting training, particularly in the training and development section of their IPDP.

I gotta say tho, over the past few years the focus on safety has greatly increased. I think this is being lead by Michael Luscombe and the Destination Zero goal.
Lol @ the Destination Zero stuff...Since this initiative came into place here we've had 5 injuries and 2 near misses

bdude

HSC
The extent of my knowledge of the box crusher is that you throw boxes into the top of it, and that I find the sign that says "Make sure to only used approved twine" funny

HSC
Wow, Harry is hot, lol.
Too young though, I'm not a predator.
ahahaha, although he's only four months younger than me :uhoh:

I have totally the wrong images in my mind for everyone. Not that I have an actual picture, just whenever anyone posts a pic its nothing like I expected.

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
ahahaha, although he's only four months younger than me :S

I have totally the wrong images in my mind for everyone. Not that I have an actual picture, just whenever anyone posts a pic its nothing like I expected.
I know aye lol.

bensneddon

HSC
Lol @ the Destination Zero stuff...Since this initiative came into place here we've had 5 injuries and 2 near misses
Perhaps your management team isn't very safety focussed, or your store has a bad safety culture.

Harry778

HSC
Hahaha gee. Thanks everyone? I guess lol.

Ok, so for example if someone wants change of $240.00 and the operator types in $200.40..to work it out on the calculator you would go

240-200.40=$39.60

so then do a cash purchase of $39.60?

Just want to get this right in case it ever happens again. Thanks ppl =D

yoddle

is cool
HSC
oh yeah, our new manager will always jump on a register, just for that i think he's a good manager, none of our old one's ever did.

i think managers should be forced to work one day a month on checkouts (or one half day), just so they can see what it's like and wat we have to put up with.
Never happens at ours even though he used to be the Area SSS.
However was at the local buying hairspray the other night and their STM called an express alert and jumped on himself.
Only because the supervisors there are too numbskulled to actually do anything themselves, they never call service 20s it makes me upset.

Wow, Harry is hot, lol.
Too young though, I'm not a predator.
But too hot?
People like that just don't work at Woolworths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)