• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Science and Math vs Humanities and the Arts (4 Viewers)

Riot09

HSC
On the left (hemisphere) we got Science and math and on the right we got the Humanities and Art,So let the flames begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which Subject/s in youre opinion is the best and why?

Im left-handed so im stuck in the middle.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Middle Ground. I did extension Maths and English. :D

I was better at mathematical type subjects up until my senior years, at which point humanities won out. I had more interest in them and the concepts they expressed.

Not that I still don't mind some logic now and again. :)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I like Maths, but I absolutely abhor Science. I like Humanities but I absolutely hate the Arts.

So I think my choice would go maths and humanities > Science and the arts

pretty retarded, ay?

If I had to choose from your choices, I'd pick Science and Math I guess

spyborg

HSC
N/A
I was better at mathematical type subjects up until my senior years, at which point humanities won out. I had more interest in them and the concepts they expressed.

Not that I still don't mind some logic now and again. :)
same here.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
There is no 'better', people like different shit, everyones idea of 'better' will always be different. To push that what you like as the one and only is just plain arrogant and shows you for the fool you are. I don't know why people keep making these kinds of threads, they only result in flaming.

jet

Banned
HSC
Each has it's own benefits. I'm stuck in the middle. I absolutely love math's and science, and I really really enjoy extension english. I can't choose.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Despite what people may think, subjects like Drama and Music 2 are actually quite content heavy and labour intensive. Due to the practical components of the courses, they're actually quite hard to prepare for/study. People treat arts subjects like complete bludges, and it is simply not the case. In any case, I love creative subjects...there's more opportunity for independent study and self-fulfilment. There's something about studying the arts that you just can't get from memorising formulas or working out equations.

Anyway, Music 2 scales insanely well.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, Drama took up so much of my time. One of the reasons I didn't do fantastically well in Maths...

Amogh

HSC
N/A
You have to think more practically in Arts (In context to the schooling system). Maths and Sciences just seem more interesting and somehow liking them makes you sound smarter. The placebo effect is highly influential in this choice of mine.

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Science and Maths, since its more logical and less abstract. However English is an exception. I neglect Art because I remember in year 7 and I wasn't able to draw a three dimensional picture. Childhood memories seem to stalk me.

Last edited:
HSC
most people say im both. im alright at maths, suck at science. im good at humanities, suck at arts so im sort of in the middle.

personally i find humanities more interesting. i absolutely loathe science (apart from biology) and i hate maths.
there isnt one thats "better" its personal opinion.

bayan92

HSC
  • Humanities are generally more enjoyable and easy.
  • Sciences are still enjoyable but have the element of challenge in them as well.
  • You have to work hard in humanities to avoid being pulled down.
  • Whereas in Sciences, you have to work at a normal rate in order to receive decent marks.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Where as arts is hard to study for. You either have the skills and determination to practice, or you don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)