General Thoughts: Mathematics Ext 1 (1 Viewer)

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
for those wondering, e4 is like top 30%.
only this test was pretty easy, so hard to say what raw mark that will be.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Lol, 2b) did have an ugly angle. It was unavoidable though. The only numbers you had to work with were 3 and 4 lol. Unfortunately, that question was designed to give a nice A value, but a shit α :p

Do you guys think 63/84 is good enough? I need over 80. It'll get that easy aye. Is there a possibility of an E4? *nervous*

Also, how does the school you go to factor into the scaling? Last year, the school I go to came 192nd lol. Yeah, public and sub-suburban education :p Still, every year we get a fair few band 6's. =] I am hoping MX1 will be one of them tehehehe

Puttah

HSC
I got really confused, i got that, but then i x it by pi aswell lol :S ...
lol this happens when every angle used in class is a "nice" number such as pi/6 (which btw, if you look at the actually number which is about 0.524, you won't be thinking it's so nice anymore :p)

I was quite happy to work with that arctan(3/4) answer, just because I knew half the state would be bitching about it hehe.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my results. About 70/84. But it pisses me off when I figure out the answer to a big chunk of questions, on the way home... :/

ibrian

HSC
stupid question but wat was the answer for the 100 day one in related rates?

kwokie

HSC
Are everyone like freaks in this forum, i reckon i got like 10/84. I just sat there for 2 hours not knowing what to do. Would that get me an E2?

kwokie

HSC
i left my alpha as sin inverse (4/5), i didnt change to angle, would i lose marks for that? Btw you guys only got one answer for the trig equation right. Was it like 36.87 degrees?

emmcyclopedia

HSC
I agree with whoever said that it was a really long test.

Like, looking back over the exam, it was relatively easy. But I found I was so short of time, for the first time there were questions i didn't even have time to attempt.

Question: If I'm topping 3U, but feel like I'm only gonna get about 65/84... but if there's another guy who's coming second and feeling like he's got around 75/84... how does that impact me?
positively, or not much?
lol... i'm just a little curious =P

I will miss maths. Good bye extension =]

Woteva636

HSC
It was a good paper, and i probably would have finished it with an extra half an hour, but I'm satisfied with what i got done.

As far as marks, i hope i get around 75%

00iCon

HSC
Are everyone like freaks in this forum, i reckon i got like 10/84. I just sat there for 2 hours not knowing what to do. Would that get me an E2?
Get off this forum and go to repeat school....

So i got maximum 70/84. :( My two worst topics combined into one... binomial theory and sequences and series.:chainsaw: Did everyone get 1023/1024 for the probability of getting at least one wrong in question 4)a? if its right, then i KILLED all of question 4. lol didn't even get to Q 7)c... Now to study for physics...

00iCon

HSC
I agree with whoever said that it was a really long test.

Like, looking back over the exam, it was relatively easy. But I found I was so short of time, for the first time there were questions i didn't even have time to attempt.

Question: If I'm topping 3U, but feel like I'm only gonna get about 65/84... but if there's another guy who's coming second and feeling like he's got around 75/84... how does that impact me?
positively, or not much?
lol... i'm just a little curious =P

I will miss maths. Good bye extension =]
What happes in the dux's HSC mark is averaged with the top mark in the school. So the first person will get the average of 65+75/168. that is if nobody got between 65 and 75 in the HSC. the second person would get the same mark in this case...

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
FUCK you kwok you came out of that exam saying you KILLED it!!!! fukn piece of shit troll!!! =PP

btw jack said to me u get really annoying cos ur tryin to compare answers the whole time!!! BAH xD xD

kwabon

Banned
HSC
bah, retarded test. left binomial probability in unsimplified form, thought i could come back to it but no chance. :-(
saying that, i got 77 no more, no less.
COME ON 98!!!!!!!!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You need to put 0.64 radians, I reckon.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
lol Q5(b)(iv) was such a good guess... I actually wrote down 100 days lol.

smelnizzle

HSC
Uni Grad
Did everyone get 1023/1024 for the probability of getting at least one wrong in question 4)a? if its right, then i KILLED all of question 4. lol didn't even get to Q 7)c... Now to study for physics...
uh huh, you got it right - according to terry lee solutions.
i on the other hand for it wrong. fuccckkkkkkk D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)