Votes: 57 19.7%
  • I used to play but I don't anymore

Votes: 81 28.0%
  • No, but I wish I could

Votes: 56 19.4%

• Total voters

dekimasu

HSC
I can play mary had a little lamb with one hand. Mad props.

But then again, I'm not asian.

pman

Banned
HSC
used to play well, chose to learn, gave up when lessons clashed with sport and i just didn't have the time!

FTW

HSC
I never had an opportunity to play the piano until I was 10, when we got a 2nd hand keyboard. I started playing random songs on it and then I was given an easy sheet music book. Soon I started going to lessons and then my piano teaher ws a bit weird and too hard to get to so I found a new one who was really nice and had lessons from her up until end of last year. But now I am teaching myself the piano. I passed 5th grade but I don't do exams anymore, but I can play 7th Grade peices. I also hate classical peices, I like jazz way more, but I can play Cannon in D. I'm playing the Sims themes atm they rock!

kokodamonkey

HSC
yeah i played when i was younger. yeah i can do "Für Elise". i also sometimes randomly teach my nephews and nieces... or play popular things for them, - star wars, simpsons , james bond etc.

Saccharine

bungee-jumping muggle
HSC
No, but I wish I could.
The most I can play is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

typo

HSC
How many of you play the piano?

Were you forced like your parents (like I was)?

Do you still play?

I was forced to play, like most Asian kids, when I was in primary school. After that, I sort of liked it, but I kinda went off it cos I hated practising songs I didn't really like. I quit in year 10, I felt a bit bad though...

But now I'm getting back into it. I play mostly modern stuff though, cos it's a bit hard to learn how to play classical music without a teacher. E.g., I tried to learn how to play "Moonlight Sonata", but I can't get it right.

I use music as a stress relieve now...

Anyone else?
i was forced to play
ans yes i still play
but i kinder like it...

benhaddad

HSC
i played to about 4/5th grade and then quit, but i still play fairly often.

and i play trombone and guitar heaps... so that helps i think.

music is a great stress reliever.

HeadOfDaClass

HSC
N/A
I wish I could play the piano! I have always wanted to learn! You guys are sooo lucky

HeadOfDaClass

HSC
N/A
I wish I could play the piano! I have always wanted to! You guys are sooooo lucky

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
How many of you play the piano?

Were you forced like your parents (like I was)?

Do you still play?

I was forced to play, like most Asian kids, when I was in primary school. After that, I sort of liked it, but I kinda went off it cos I hated practising songs I didn't really like. I quit in year 10, I felt a bit bad though...

But now I'm getting back into it. I play mostly modern stuff though, cos it's a bit hard to learn how to play classical music without a teacher. E.g., I tried to learn how to play "Moonlight Sonata", but I can't get it right.

I use music as a stress relieve now...

Anyone else?
same! I was dragged into playing piano from when I was like 6-7 years old and played till I was 12 years old. Then I stopped because I was sick of getting a tutor.

But now I regret it...=(

I envy my brother who can play piano, guitar, drum + saxophone! damn him! ;)

After HSC, I am going to get tutored by my brother. ohhhhhhhh joyyyy

Stephie-Rae

HSC
I can play, i went into lessons in primary school, though i wasn't forced. I always loved it, i took up drums in year 10 and i played the piano less and less and i realy don't play much at all at the moment, i'm hoping to get back into it after the HSC.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
same! I was dragged into playing piano from when I was like 6-7 years old and played till I was 12 years old. Then I stopped because I was sick of getting a tutor.

But now I regret it...=(

I envy my brother who can play piano, guitar, drum + saxophone! damn him! ;)

After HSC, I am going to get tutored by my brother. ohhhhhhhh joyyyy
whats about your taekwondos?

Merulik

HSC
I have got the same story...

I was forced to learn to play on piano when I was 5 years old , then (after 7 years ) I finished music school.

Surprisingly Now, I enjoy playing ,(only classical) I play every day , about half an hour :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I LOVE playing the piano. It's so versatile.

I watch Whose Line is it Anyway? (reruns) and I love playing the Hoedown music and humming famous verses. I recently discovered a piano rendition of the UEFA Champions League Anthem/Zadok the Priest - and that's my new quest. Other than that, I'm loving playing things like Musette, Comedian's Dance, and jazzed up renditions of spirituals.

It's awesome. I used to not like it, but really - once you find a commercial use for it, like being able to play songs that you yourself choose, it becomes more fun.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I swear being musically gifted is a babe magnet
Sorry for the double post, but I just had to comment.

Not at my school it's not, louy. The girls go for the guys who play instruments of lesser difficulty like... guitars and *shivers* drums. Not piano.

I suppose you can deduce the girls where I go to are amused by simple things, and therefore will lead simple lives... simple, painful, debt-filled lives =P

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
why isnt there a "No and i never want to play" option lol :lol: jks

nah i cant play, but i wish i can

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I was forced into playing the Piano and Violin bribed by the fact I'll get Happy Meals after each lesson. =(

But its a good thing my rents forced me into it, because I now realise my talents and I have stuff I could do when I'm bored to the bones. =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)