Band Cut offs? (1 Viewer)

00iCon

HSC
Re: Above

Did anyone see Astrophysics part E?
whaeres my maths cushion gone??? i wanted maths!!
Predictions: someone got 100%
i got ~98 raw

HSC
Physics should definately have more maths in it like we saw today. Cause all physics based uni courses and jobs have incredibly difficult levels of math and dont require us to talk about impacts.

However in saying that, I did not do barely any study on the equations because I usually get raped in the written parts. But I did well in the written parts and got raped by a few math questions.

Hopefully Band 5... would that be about 65+?

HSC
Thats not the point. We spent a year studying for societal impacts only to be raped in the anus by mass maths questions, feels like a wasted year to me. May as well have just studied calculations the entire time.

To me this exam cemented the fact that the board of studies has no idea what they are doing.
Exactly! While real physics = Maths. This is HSC physics which = theory and explaining.
I would probably get the same mark that I would if I didn't cram all that theory over the last few days.

00iCon

HSC
BUT, the students must know the impacts of their future career, instead of blindly stepping into something capable of destroying the world.... <cough> LCH <cough>
There sould be a concentration of maths, but the impacts must be sudied- not necessarily examined.

Thecorey0

HSC
Although I have no sources, my guess is that the majority of students that do physics most probably do at least the 2-unit course, and hence have some mathematical ability. Hence the cut-off will probably be higher then normal in my opinion. Personally I liked the paper, it should be like that - not society crap.

kieranjackson91

HSC

00iCon

HSC
The exam didn't seem that maths based to me, I mean yes there were calculations, but you still had to know your stuff. Overall a decent exam, easier than past years though (2006,2007,2008).
i'd agree with you Mr. light blue text...

joben

HSC
i thought it was slightly harder than past couple of years. what is nedded (raw) to get 95??

shaon0

HSC
Traditionally, mathematical based tests are aligned towards the lower end. Thus, the cut-off will be ~78.

imoO

HSC
Who cares

band 5 band 6....

at the end of the day...it'll only be like 1-2 ATAR points...

annikab

HSC
I am english inclined, so I absolutely ripped up the extended responses and my option topic (quanta to quarks), but choked miserably on most of the calculations.. so hopefully it evens out!

hollaholla

HSC
mannnnn why do they do this ..chem and physics = sooo much calculations//...i spent the entire year doing nothing but theory .>>>ever single dot point thoroughly..and didnt really take the calculations seriously. Its come back to haunt me --__--

And another thing...band 6 cut off = 78. What exactly does this mean could someone tell me? There is no way a 78 could actually get you a band 6 could it??? Wont thousands of people get that then?

btw boxhunter congrats on the completion of your/our exams.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)