• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Main Difference Between Metal and Indie (7 Viewers)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
i predict that niki will come back to this topic in a couple of years time and laugh at her 17 yr old self. or at least the post where she said "the amazing triple j"

or maybe i am the only one nerdy enough to do this on forums :S

Arctopus

HSC
i predict that niki will come back to this topic in a couple of years time and laugh at her 17 yr old self. or at least the post where she said "the amazing triple j"

Yeah, I think I've done that a few times... man I was a wiener.

nikilily

HSC

yeah you are. Why exactly would I laugh at my '17 year old self'?

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
wow this thread has become majorly off topic

welllllll imo:
metal = gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
indie = mostly blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nikilily

HSC
haha yes it has and it is PARTIALLY my fault haha.

No way
Indie = gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Metal= blllleeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lol

hmmmmmmm well to me, indie music is reptetive, boring, all the same, faggy (when the guys sing in high voices), soft, not something u can get into (ie; headbang :D), and most of all pussy lol
(however i actually dont know wat truly classifies as indie music =S)

whereas metal is farken hardcoreeeeeeeee, full of passion, really skillful playing (depending on the band), something u can really get into

xD

Arctopus

HSC
I enjoy metal and it's related genres for the energy it puts out. That being said I enjoy heaps of other genres for the different types of energy and moods they put out.

It's not that I think indie music is rubbish, and that's not why I started the thread, I'm positive there are a lot of great bands doing new things, it's just the whole vibe they put out doesn't do it for me. I have an appreciation for the genre but I'm not a fan.

I understand what you're saying Gus, I think you just said a bit bluntly. There are bands in every genre of music that are boring and sound all the same, but the same thing goes for metal, if not found more in metal. If you have to either play fast or play slow and keep it heavy, you don't really have much to work with there.

I think what you meant when you said it was pussy is that indie music expresses a different energy towards us than what metal does. It's not that they don't portray the same emotion in their music; indie can be just as angry, sad or happy as metal can be. However, the sound metal may use to portray anger might be blast beats and growls, whilst the way indie would portray anger could be the polar opposite.

As for instrumentalists in indie and metal, I've learned as a musician that playing slow and smooth can be just as difficult as playing fast and angular.

just sayin' yo

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
your grasp of the english language is a trillion times better than mine arctopus

thats wat i meant

:D

nikilily

HSC
lol

hmmmmmmm well to me, indie music is reptetive, boring, all the same, faggy (when the guys sing in high voices), soft, not something u can get into (ie; headbang :D), and most of all pussy lol

xD
Yeah I kind of agree with you even though I am team Indie all the way. Some indie bands look ridiculous. Like The Kooks who look like girls going to a tea party. But in saying that just look at some heavy metal bands.

nikilily

HSC
your grasp of the english language is a trillion times better than mine arcotpus

:D
tell me about it, trying to think of a rebuttal to this guy is so hard. I have learned to have a tab opened up to dictionary.com. I think its time to widen my vocab.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Yeah I kind of agree with you even though I am team Indie all the way. Some indie bands look ridiculous. Like The Kooks who look like girls going to a tea party. But in saying that just look at some heavy metal bands.
ye ye, some of those indie ppl just try too hard imo and end up looking gay =S however ur also rite about some heavy metal bands (im not counting slipknot as heavy metal cos theyr faggots and can dress like retards if they want)

tell me about it, trying to think of a rebuttal to this guy is so hard. I have learned to have a tab opened up to dictionary.com. I think its time to widen my vocab.
hahahaha ye bedtime reading = dictionary from now on =P

Military Intelligence is a better one.
"Military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense" from Hangar 18 by Megadeth (album: rust in peace) xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)