Birthday haters... (1 Viewer)

HSC
i love celebrating other people's birthdays but not my own..actually once i refused to eat my birthday cake which really pissed off my parents
my family just makes it such a chore to buy me presents and they're really into the whole massive dinner at a restaurant thing which i HATE. i hate having to pretend to be all excited and thankful

definitely going to celebrate my 18th though after hsc (replacing cake with alcohol)
what's wrong with dinner with the family?

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
i don't really see the big deal in having big parties/celebrate birthdays.

it's the day my mum got really pissed off LOL.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
January 3...

Pretty much one of the worst times to have a birthday. Noone's in town/available...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I look forward to my birthday but I hate organising to do shit for it

My 21st was good but getting everyone together for it was hell annoying because in late january everyone is off holidaying somewhere (or so it would seem based on the last 5 years) so I had to start inviting people and organising it like, before Christmas. I much prefer to just organise stuff on the day it's happening or maybe the day before and whatever happens happens, eh.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I didn't really do anything for my eighteenth last year because it was four days before the HSC started. Kind of sucked that it was the first time ever that it was during a holiday and it just so happened to be during the holidays where I had to study.
I've decided that this year I will have a celebration for the one year anniversary of my eighteenth birthday instead.

HSC
Eh, I really couldn't care less for birthdays tbh. Big family get togethers are far better than the ones with friends impo.

On my 16th, my theme was 'sixteen going on six' i.e. basically we all dolled up like youngens. Ha, we also played knock and run that night <3 best game ever. Until one of my neighbours chucked a spaz and we all bolted.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Eh, I really couldn't care less for birthdays tbh. Big family get togethers are far better than the ones with friends impo.

On my 16th, my theme was 'sixteen going on six' i.e. basically we all dolled up like youngens. Ha, we also played knock and run that night <3 best game ever. Until one of my neighbours chucked a spaz and we all bolted.
I hate any celebration that is done on my part. I hate being there. I hate it happening. ESPECIALLY when the family does something.

The word birthday just makes me cringe.

HSC
I hate any celebration that is done on my part. I hate being there. I hate it happening. ESPECIALLY when the family does something.

The word birthday just makes me cringe.
Aww why? I love family get togethers for birthdays.

Probably the thing I hate about birthday parties, is that you have to make sure that all your friends and guests are okay, and you hardly have time to enjoy yourself. I swear, when everyone finished eating once, only one of my friends offered to help clean up afterwards. It would have taken two seconds if everyone picked up their plate or something...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Aww why? I love family get togethers for birthdays.

Probably the thing I hate about birthday parties, is that you have to make sure that all your friends and guests are okay, and you hardly have time to enjoy yourself. I swear, when everyone finished eating once, only one of my friends offered to help clean up afterwards. It would have taken two seconds if everyone picked up their plate or something...
It's just... Horrible. Lol.

I can't stand attention, and my family is overbearing.

musing

HSC
I dislike birthdays.

It means you're getting older. :(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Family get togethers are the worst thing ever. I haven't celebrated a birthday (or any other occasion) with any family other than my immediate household for...probably at least 10 years

They can't get along, one is institutionalised and about three more probably should be, and it's just a nightmare. Throw alcohol in there and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a punch up.

I swear my parents and sister are the only relatively normal ones of the whole lot and even then, general consensus among my friends is that I have the weirdest family. So I can't win lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)