• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

For those who believe that homosexuality is genetic (1 Viewer)

ilikebeeef

HSC
So are you saying it's a mental disorder? I say it is a choice as you can choose to engage in homosexual activities.

I don't hate homos and people that pick their nose btw.
No, I wasn't commenting on homosexuality except for the fact that I'm indifferent to it. I was basically saying to Minh that Name_Taken wouldn't think homosexuality a mental disorder, because he has said that it is a choice.

Name_Taken

HSC
You speak of homosexuality as if it's a crime. But it's not a crime.
It is a crime against nature, but more importantly, against God Himself.

And in many countries around the world, the physical expression of homosexuality is indeed a crime, in some cases punishable by death.

Name_Taken

HSC
No, I wasn't commenting on homosexuality except for the fact that I'm indifferent to it. I was basically saying to Minh that Name_Taken wouldn't think homosexuality a mental disorder, because he has said that it is a choice.
I never said it was a mental disorder... it's a choice.

To be more precise, however, it is a preference. A preference for the unnatural and evil, but one which we are taught to believe is natural and healthy, despite the evidence to the contrary.

ilikebeeef

HSC
It is a crime against nature,
Oh, and who decides the 'law' of nature? Christians?

but more importantly, against God Himself.
What if the Great and Almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster thinks otherwise?

And in many countries around the world, the physical expression of homosexuality is indeed a crime, in some cases punishable by death.
I meant crime as in a "violation of Australian Law".

Name_Taken

HSC
I meant crime as in a "violation of Australian Law".
The law doesn't actually reflect moral truth.

Say if murder or rape were legal, would that make them right?

I realise these are extreme examples, but they prove the point.

Simply because homosexual sex may be legal, in no way makes it right, or morally acceptable behaviour.

ilikebeeef

HSC
The law doesn't actually reflect moral truth.

Say if murder or rape were legal, would that make them right?

I realise these are extreme examples, but they prove the point.

Simply because homosexual sex may be legal, in no way makes it right, or morally acceptable behaviour.
Morality is subjective.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

sudan, libya, algeria, gambia, ghana, nigeria, ethiopia, rwanda, somalia, uganda, saudi arabia, syria ,afghanistan, bangladesh, iran, pakistan etc etc etc

yes i'm sure they're all wonderful countries to live in

Name_Taken

HSC
Morality is subjective.
I can't be.

sudan, libya, algeria, gambia, ghana, nigeria, ethiopia, rwanda, somalia, uganda, saudi arabia, syria ,afghanistan, bangladesh, iran, pakistan etc etc etc

yes i'm sure they're all wonderful countries to live in
Yeah, but the reasons as to why they are not great countries to live in do not relate to the fact that homosexuality is illegal.

ilikebeeef

HSC
I can't be.
It is. What may be right to you may be wrong to another. This is has been explained to you in the Homosexual thread already.

Yeah, but the reasons as to why they are not great countries to live in do not relate to the fact that homosexuality is illegal.
The reason why they are not great countries to live in is because they lack freedom. They are morally tight. Like an extreme version of you.

Scorch

HSC
Fuck what God thinks. That's exactly what the attitude of any respectable secular government should be. It shouldn't matter two shits what your homicidal sky-man believes, because public policy should be secular in nature and based on the scientific evidence, which leads on to ...

A preference for the unnatural and evil, but one which we are taught to believe is natural and healthy, despite the evidence to the contrary.
There is no evidence to the contrary, you tool. Please provide it, if you will. Biologically, it is not more unhealthy than regular sex, and it is a common variation we see that is not harmful to society in any single way.

Name_Taken

HSC
public policy should be secular in nature and based on the scientific evidence
Science cannot teach what is right or wrong, ffs, even the guy you quote in your signature ackowledges this.

There is no evidence to the contrary, you tool. Please provide it, if you will. Biologically, it is not more unhealthy than regular sex
Are you for real?

Scorch

HSC
Science cannot teach what is right or wrong, ffs, even the guy you quote in your signature ackowledges this.
No, it can teach what is harmful and harmless. We don't legislate morality, we legislate liberty, tolerance and individual rights and we should never restrict the rights of individuals to a perfectly harmless action which does not damage society in the slightest because of people like you that have zero psychological or scientific backing for their absurdly bigoted claims.

Are you for real?
Absolutely.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I never said it was a mental disorder... it's a choice.

To be more precise, however, it is a preference. A preference for the unnatural and evil, but one which we are taught to believe is natural and healthy, despite the evidence to the contrary.
Please provide.

Wehrmacht

HSC
I am pretty sure that all sins are equal in christian mindset yes? Therefore if homosexual sex is a sin then it would be the same as stealing some gum from a 7/11 or adultery or even just coveting what someone else has... so you Name_taken are as big a sinner and as morallly wrong as any gay man or woman therefore you can't judge them. Something to the effect of only "he who is pure may cast the first stone" (probably horribly mangled that but the meaning remains the same)

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, they would be wonderful countries to live in to.

And the countries you mentioned are awesome to live in, in that there arent barbaric gays out on the street, with animalistic behaviours. Honestly, what makes them different than animals. Animals themselves can clearly realise that homoesexuality is wrong.

Gays < < < < < < < < Dog Crap

Just take a look at them, God damn it, it is Horrible, just sick of it. Im glad they dont have full legal rights here like Homo Canada, in no way should they even be acknowledged as 10 percent human.

You know, i think vietnam is the only country that haven't made laws against homosexuality. ever.

Scorch

HSC
So if my morals tell me homosexuality is wrong and should be punished, you can't say your views are more legitimate, right?

I don't think it should be punished btw.
What is more legitimate is the idea of legislating not in order to enforce religious morality on people but to facilitate the operation of society, without infringing upon individual rights where possible. Homosexuality is in no way socially dangerous, unhealthy or destructive and anyone that argues otherwise is making shit up.

United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, they would be wonderful countries to live in to.

And the countries you mentioned are awesome to live in, in that there arent barbaric gays out on the street, with animalistic behaviours. Honestly, what makes them different than animals. Animals themselves can clearly realise that homoesexuality is wrong.

Just take a look at them, God damn it, it is Horrible, just sick of it. Im glad they dont have full legal rights here like Homo Canada, in no way should they even be acknowledged as 10 percent human.
You're a disgusting human being in every way.

Name_Taken

HSC
What is more legitimate is the idea of legislating not in order to enforce religious morality on people but to facilitate the operation of society, without infringing upon individual rights where possible. Homosexuality is in no way socially dangerous, unhealthy or destructive and anyone that argues otherwise is making shit up.
Two things.

1) How do homosexual unions at all contribute to the facilitation of society?
We all know heterosexual unions are important, becuase well without them, there wouldn't be a society. Why bother regulating that which isn't important or relavent (i.e. civil marriage for gays)?

2) Where do your rights come from?

You're a disgusting human being in every way.
Under moral relativism, his views hold exaclty as much legitimacy as yours. To him, you're probably a sick and twisted individual yourself.

I am pretty sure that all sins are equal in christian mindset yes? Therefore if homosexual sex is a sin then it would be the same as stealing some gum from a 7/11 or adultery or even just coveting what someone else has... so you Name_taken are as big a sinner and as morallly wrong as any gay man or woman therefore you can't judge them. Something to the effect of only "he who is pure may cast the first stone" (probably horribly mangled that but the meaning remains the same)
Who said I'm judgeing gay people?

Telling sinners that they are sinning is not judging. If someone was to tell me, that say, swearing at my parents when I do is a sin, they would be in the right. I wouldn't have anything against you condemning my actions as sinful, and urging me to repent, if you were to notice me doing something I shouldn't be. If anything you are doing me a favour for which I should be grateful.

Compare someone ackowledging they have sinned, i.e. stealing a chocolate bar from 7/11 with your average homosexual. Most gays see nothing wrong with homosexuality (funnily enough) and go as far to condemn Christians as evil people etc. for telling them the error of their ways. Most gays not only sin, but take pride in their sin, and glorify it, and expecting others to encourage them to continue doing so.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

I'm assuming sarcasm...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)