Pre Uni College homebush (1 Viewer)

pjiggy

HSC
That's cause you go to a selective school, of course everyone gets good marks. If you attend James Ruse and you get less than 99.6, then you are an utter moron since you are selected from primary school to be already the top 0.1% of your state. Use some logics, you know it makes sense.

Preuni helps average joes like Ryan or Emily who, without Preuni's dedicated support and helping hand, could never achieve an amazing ATAR of 99.9+.
o sorry ! ! i didnt mean to like,say preuni was no good for everybody.sorry if i came across that way.was just pissed at the whole newpaper thingy,which i am over now.....i just meant that i think its rare that people attend preuni in high school.but maybe thats just in the circle of people i know =)
and BTW i think everybody would agree with me in saying that ANYTHING over 99 or even 98 is a TERRIFIC ATAR. i did go to james ruse and i know plenty who got as much as 95's and were super happy with their marks.how is getting under 99.6 being an "utter moron" as long as u tried ur best ???!!!thats really slack.
BUT again sorry if i seemed like a jerk with the whole preuni thingy ! im sure its really good .
ps. being proud of ur ATAR is not the same as boasting. and there's ways to promote preuni without abusing others .....and congrats to ryan and emily,the 99.9 + atar-ers =)

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Generalisations are generally correct.

Everyone is so arrogant on this website. You think don't need anyone's help and are the best in the world. Shamelessly, boasting about your ATAR on your signature, and blaming Pre Uni for understating your "huge" ATAR.

At Pre Uni, we simply state the truth. The fact is, we are number one in Australia and have the best teaching methods.

Pre Uni's teachers are all top class, some maybe even the best in the world. That's all due to our high work ethic which attracts the best people.
I'd like to see some statistical evidence to reinforce this supposed "fact".

Until then.. your inferiority complex is the only thing talking.

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
they haven't even updated their hsc results since '07.. maybe because their students embarassingly screwed up the last two years.
or maybe because they started being unethical pricks and forgetting to update simple things like websites, and focused more on raping their customers bank accounts.

Last edited:

extra123

HSC
Every tutoring college advertises their students ATARs. If you go to the website for any of them such as Matrix, they will also display a list of high achievers that had help from their college. As Pre-Uni has a larger student body compared to the rest of these colleges, it is not as apparent that they are collecting and advertising ATARs. No one really questions these colleges and how THEY obtained their information, the integrity of their information or how they advertise it.

They are also one of the few tutoring colleges that offer individual tutoring services to help the needs of the individual students. I don't know about you, but most of the private tutors that advertise their services charge at least $30-100/hr with no previous or on-going teaching experience.

Maybe you had a bad experience at Pre-Uni, but you shouldn't address Pre-Uni as one of the worst coaching colleges without sufficient information. Anyone can be made to sound bad if you just picked out a few bad experiences and talked about it them instead of looking at the big picture.

I'm sure you wouldn't want your English skills to be judged based solely on the grammar and syntax that you used in all the messages you have posted in this forum.

kikoeru

HSC
I agree with extra123, its very common to see ATARs been advertised by coaching colleges and obviously the student scores are updated yearly at Pre-Uni. Who would use the same student scores year by year, won't the public notice? If you go to Pre-Uni and actually look at the student's ATARs, they belong to the students who actually have been there.

Pre-Uni's ATAR results are actually not embarrassing at all. If you are a bit more observative, you may also see pictures of individuals getting ATAR of 99+ been displayed outside Pre-Uni.

This achievement is extraordinarily profound for this coaching college whom charges less than other competitive coaching colleges.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't have a problem with colleges advertising ATARs of their students. But when you start advertising the ATAR of kids that weren't your students -that's- when there's a problem.

oasfree

HSC
N/A
Generalisations are generally correct.

Everyone is so arrogant on this website. You think don't need anyone's help and are the best in the world. Shamelessly, boasting about your ATAR on your signature, and blaming Pre Uni for understating your "huge" ATAR.

At Pre Uni, we simply state the truth. The fact is, we are number one in Australia and have the best teaching methods.

Pre Uni's teachers are all top class, some maybe even the best in the world. That's all due to our high work ethic which attracts the best people.
Hey could you explain PreUni cheated in the recent ASAT selectitive school trial? Students from PreUni all got extra-ordinary high marks even though they were average. I asked one and the kid told me that the questions in the ASAT trial were very similar to what the kid had been doing in the endless tests leading up to it. That means the kids going to PreUni simply memorised and got ridiculous high marks at 15+% higher than what they would have got for real. That surely makes their parents happy. It would also makes parents who send their kids some where else consider switching to PreUni. This is blatant cheating. By this Jul people will be laughing their heads of after the result of the SST comes out. PreUni is going to lose big.

warezfan

HSC
Hey could you explain PreUni cheated in the recent ASAT selectitive school trial? Students from PreUni all got extra-ordinary high marks even though they were average. I asked one and the kid told me that the questions in the ASAT trial were very similar to what the kid had been doing in the endless tests leading up to it. That means the kids going to PreUni simply memorised and got ridiculous high marks at 15+% higher than what they would have got for real. That surely makes their parents happy. It would also makes parents who send their kids some where else consider switching to PreUni. This is blatant cheating. By this Jul people will be laughing their heads of after the result of the SST comes out. PreUni is going to lose big.
That's not cheating.

Preuni has over 60 people last year who made it into James Ruse. This year will be no different, almost every child at James Ruse is a student of the great Preuni. The trial exams are a true reflection of the students true selective marks, proving preuni's students to be the best of the state.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Preuni has over 60 people last year who made it into James Ruse. This year will be no different, almost every child at James Ruse is a student of the great Preuni.
James Ruse has a cohort of 150. 60 is nowhere near 150.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
James Ruse has a cohort of 150. 60 is nowhere near 150.
Actually it's 120. Also I go to JR and know 90% of kids are not Pre-Uni. That leaves 12 kids in the grade. Pretty far from 60. warezfan is a TROLL. STOP FEEDING HIM

warezfan

HSC
James Ruse was my school too. I use to attend that amazing school. Most kids there just forget that the only reason they are there in the first place is that preuni helped them get in. Most JR kids forget their roots, and think they are too big for preuni and refuse to go there for HSC tutoring. I know most JR students don't go to preuni in year 12, only a few who are not so arrogant still choose wisely.

But nevertheless, the wealth of knowledge that preuni have bestowed upon all the JR students have such long lasting effect that even 6 years later they still enjoy top percentile grades.

I never avoid the tough questions. At every post, I've defended preuni with reason and pride. But most of the other posters have unfairly slandered preuni with great prejudice.

oasfree

HSC
N/A
That's not cheating.

Preuni has over 60 people last year who made it into James Ruse. This year will be no different, almost every child at James Ruse is a student of the great Preuni. The trial exams are a true reflection of the students true selective marks, proving preuni's students to be the best of the state.
You call that "not cheating"! How so? The ASAT test was promoted as being independent of PreUni. It was sold to the public so that students from other coaching colleges and those who had never been to coaching colleges might want to try, and many did. As the result of this cheat, some students who did not go to PreUni (and any other colleges) fell out of the top 20% of top scorers. The top 10% are full of PreUni kids. If PreUni kids were not given similar questions many others would have entered the top 5%, and many PreUni kids int top 5 would have dropped below top 20%. I know real performance of some kids and could compare. PreUni kids got a jump of 25%-30% in ranking due to this cheat. From what I have seen, most PreUni kids should be moved down by 20% in ranking in the last ASAT. Now that would place top PreUni right at the average mark. This is a shameful manipulation.

When the real test comes out, the PreUni kids who are at top 5% this time will be trailing the other kids who only got top 20% in the last ASAT. I could hardly see how PreUni kids will even manage a few places at JR this year!

oasfree

HSC
N/A
Actually it's 120. Also I go to JR and know 90% of kids are not Pre-Uni. That leaves 12 kids in the grade. Pretty far from 60. warezfan is a TROLL. STOP FEEDING HIM
From what I saw at PreUni's recent ASAT, it was a complete disaster. PreUni managed to award its own students somewhere between 20%-25% higher ranking relative to thoese who did not go to PreUni. Effectively the PreUni kids nearly got the questions weeks in advance. If PreUni claimed that its prediction of SS test marks was right, kids who did not go to PreUni and got around 220 would leapfrog PreUni students by over 30 points toward 250+. There would be hardly any places left in JR for PreUni students.

PreUni took in about $75000 in the previous trial test. After paying for the expenses, it would keep a handsome figure for one day's work! But this cheat is now exposed and will be remembered.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
James Ruse was my school too. I use to attend that amazing school. Most kids there just forget that the only reason they are there in the first place is that preuni helped them get in. Most JR kids forget their roots, and think they are too big for preuni and refuse to go there for HSC tutoring. I know most JR students don't go to preuni in year 12, only a few who are not so arrogant still choose wisely.

But nevertheless, the wealth of knowledge that preuni have bestowed upon all the JR students have such long lasting effect that even 6 years later they still enjoy top percentile grades.

I never avoid the tough questions. At every post, I've defended preuni with reason and pride. But most of the other posters have unfairly slandered preuni with great prejudice.
I was talking about Year 7 kids. Only about 12 if the intake this year are Pre-Uni. In Year 12 NOBODY goes to Pre-Uni.

kikoeru

HSC
How can PreUni cheat? Steal unreleased questions from the NSW Public School Association? That's impossible.

Therefore the success of PreUni can only be accredited to their professionalism in the preparation of materials and the accuracy in guessing the right style of questions.

LOL, memorising questions? That's pretty hard for yr6 students... How can you memorise answers for a 2 and a half hours of exam plus memorising a story along with it.

PreUni's students for getting good marks are all due to their hard work, talent and PreUni's in depth tuition.

I was talking about Year 7 kids. Only about 12 if the intake this year are Pre-Uni. In Year 12 NOBODY goes to Pre-Uni.
How do u know the intake is 12? Did you ask every single Year 7 kids at school? I'm just wondering haha.

hflyer2

HSC
N/A
From what I saw at PreUni's recent ASAT, it was a complete disaster. PreUni managed to award its own students somewhere between 20%-25% higher ranking relative to thoese who did not go to PreUni. Effectively the PreUni kids nearly got the questions weeks in advance. If PreUni claimed that its prediction of SS test marks was right, kids who did not go to PreUni and got around 220 would leapfrog PreUni students by over 30 points toward 250+. There would be hardly any places left in JR for PreUni students.

PreUni took in about $75000 in the previous trial test. After paying for the expenses, it would keep a handsome figure for one day's work! But this cheat is now exposed and will be remembered.
Excuse me buddy, how do you know that Pre-Uni "awarded" marks to its students. Are you a disgruntled insider? Do you work for a competitor?

1. You are being very specific in your allegations. Frankly, you might be inventing these figures. Therefore you have to be more open about where you are sourcing your information from.

2. You seem to have a grudge against Pre-Uni. It's very disappointing that you are engaging in such dialogue on a forum which is to provide guidance for future HSC students.

3. I'm sure most tutoring colleges, including Pre-Uni, have professional standards that they adhere to. Therefore they would not engage in unprofessional conduct, such as what you are implying.

Even though I don't agree with WarezFan, it's not entirely fair that you defame a particular tutoring college with such loosely based allegations.

oasfree

HSC
N/A
Excuse me buddy, how do you know that Pre-Uni "awarded" marks to its students. Are you a disgruntled insider? Do you work for a competitor?

1. You are being very specific in your allegations. Frankly, you might be inventing these figures. Therefore you have to be more open about where you are sourcing your information from.

2. You seem to have a grudge against Pre-Uni. It's very disappointing that you are engaging in such dialogue on a forum which is to provide guidance for future HSC students.

3. I'm sure most tutoring colleges, including Pre-Uni, have professional standards that they adhere to. Therefore they would not engage in unprofessional conduct, such as what you are implying.

Even though I don't agree with WarezFan, it's not entirely fair that you defame a particular tutoring college with such loosely based allegations.
I could see that PreUni students who trailed others in school works, UNSW competitions, NAPLAN, ... suddenly scored up to 20% higher (in the PreUni ASAT) than those not going to PreUni. Then I asked a PreUni student. The student admitted that he had done very similar questions to those in the ASAT trials in his 30 trials leading to this ASAT test. It turned out that they were virtually given the questions many weeks before. That is what I call a cheat. I will wait until the real SS results come out this Jul to assess further how much of a fake gain that was. I think 25% - 30% fake gain is probably about right. I think people should ask Fair Trade to investigate PreUni on this practice. It is long overdue. From what I have seen, a PreUni student at top 7% at the ASAT trial could hardly hope to enter JR. Perhaps less than a handful of PreUni students would manage to enter JR each year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)