The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

BSammy

HSC
Ha.

When I do closing calls, at least one of them each night would include "Thank you for shopping at Woolworths Blahblah, We are the Fresh Food People, and so can you!"

Just to see if anyone notices it doesn't quite make sense. :)

bdude

HSC
Ha.

When I do closing calls, at least one of them each night would include "Thank you for shopping at Woolworths Blahblah, We are the Fresh Food People, and so can you!"

Just to see if anyone notices it doesn't quite make sense. :)
Have you been reading Stephen Colbert's book?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Yeah, lol, I know what the chime does man :)

But our chime is used every hour to signify a safety check or something (where we have to look around once every hour and check to see if there is any slip hazards.) We got in trouble because once when Area Manager was here, they heard it and n0-one looked around. How many times must they have been there and never heard the sound even though they were there all day, and we still get in trouble lol
you mean a Service Zero? lol.

A better motto:
Woolworths the fresh food people, You can't get fresher than that!
=p

Can't wait till wed. I'll finally have a day off

Harry778

HSC
Did 7.30-16.30 today s/vision...was so FUCKED!

Everything was going well till the idiot trainee supervisor showed up at 10. I had everything organized, breaks written on the grid to be GIVEN AT THAT TIME so we dont get raped, registers assigned to how I wanted them, everything tidy. So I go to lunch at about 10.30 and I said to her, MAKE SURE you send people on their breaks at the given time I gave them, and put people on registers that is written next to their name. I filled out the express alert list but we seriously havent had to use it in 6 weeks (there is a time record upstairs hahaha) we're up to 35 days I think..so I said you definatly wont need to use it.

So it was about 11.00am and I was having lunch and she asked me to ring, and shes like 'OMG its so busy what do I do'? I was like uhhh, get someone out to a larger register, cos I knew all the express register were open at 10am anyway. And she just goes uhmm ok and hangs up. Then 10 minutes later she calls all departments express alert, and called the SSM to assist in the service area, so I'm thinking there is NO way it can be that busy the grids were fantastic I EVEN did the rosters (well, helped) so I went down there and her face is all red and shes stressing out cos there were heaps of trolleys lined up and there was NO ONE at express. I said WHY did you call all department express alert? Then she goes look at all the trolleys, so I showed her the grids where I had wrote next to the express people in red what large register they would go on if it were busy, and she said...I didnt think we were allowed to do that? I was like WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! She had bake house and produce people on large registers while no one in express were serving, self serve EMPTY. So I sent them back and by that time it was quiet. SSM have her a pounding, so did I..I felt bad but she had fucked the whole day up cos no one was sent on their breaks at the allocated time. She's obviously not ready to be a supervisor..will have to tell the CSM tomorrow =(

And the place was a mess, there was NO reason to call an express alert..GRRRRR!

1 week left of 3IC =( have enjoyed it so much!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Worked today 5.15 to 18.45 then had to go to another store and pick up stock for use tomorrow morning. FML majorly. :( Got home at 19.45.

HSC
Attention woolworths customers please don't lean over my register and scan your EDR card, hand it to me and i'll scan it for you (I promise I am not infected), there is a such thing called personal bubble space! 4 creepy old guys did it today and I HATE IT!

HSC
Attention woolworths customers please don't lean over my register and scan your EDR card, hand it to me and i'll scan it for you (I promise I am not infected), there is a such thing called personal bubble space! 4 creepy old guys did it today and I HATE IT!
+1

And I laugh, the people who want to scan their own EDR cards are often the ones that expect you to do their eftpos for them.

PyroTek

HSC
I was once typing in a barcode from a RTC label because it wouldn't scan, I was literally 3 numbers away from finishing it, and the smart C*** decided it'd be handy to reach around and swipe his EDR.
I said "-siiiiggghhhhh- I was typing in this long barcode, and you cancelled it all, and your EDR didn't work" - I gave him a deathstare and didn't talk to him for the rest of the transaction. - Bearing in mind I was having a pretty shitty day already.

Had to do yesterdays load today, I had many gaps -_-... Ah well, I think some stuff didn't come on the load. Did stocktake too. was a good day in general, despite the express alerts. Was very rushed though.

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
Failing MoS is one thing, getting stung for EDR EVERY Mystery Customer... that is... hmmmm....

HSC
Failing MoS is one thing, getting stung for EDR EVERY Mystery Customer... that is... hmmmm....
Mystery shopper isn't something that I worry about, lol. Actually, thats not true. But I'm more attentive when I'm say doing tickets to show customers exactly where everything is, than I EVER am on checkouts.

I just think that there are so many questions to fit into a 10 item express transactions.
1) How are you?
2) Do you want to buy a raffle ticket? (stupid fresh food kid fundraising)
3) Do you have an EDR card?
4) Would you like one?
5) Any cash out?

It actually makes me anxious. And I cringe every time I hear someone (whether it be my CSM/2IC or one of the really really new operators) try and fit it all in.

HSC
EDR is the worst thing everrrrr. I feel so bad failing mode of sales for not asking/offering edr cards when I don't even do it myself.
I agree! I rarely ask for them, stuff offering them it!

DIE EDR Cards! >< worst invention ever Mr Woolworths!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)