• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how do you achieve band 6's in the school certificate? (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I have one word. RELAX. The School Certificate is forgotten once you get into year 11. Enjoy year 10, it was my favourite year in high school.
Says you :p

But yes, do take her advice. Just chill guys, the SC means zilch. Heck, after you get into the HSC your ATAR will mean zilch unless you're going to scholarships XD

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, when it comes to school p much everything is so important until the moment right after you complete it.

Jakef

HSC
I got band 6's in History, English, Computers and almost in science with a medium amount of study. Just do a LOT of the online practice q's, and read your notes.

dan2452

HSC
Just listen in class and ask questions when you don't understand something. Don't really need to study unless you're stuck on something. But, about 2 weeks before SC just look over your book for the year. All thats needed :)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I looked over my book the night before for each subject and ended up achieving all band 6's. Work out what is best for you, because seriously SC doesn't count for much if you're looking to move into senior years. SO chillax... :)

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
I see the SC as a general knowledge test (especially English, Maths and Science), if you're naturally intelligent enough you should be able to achieve Band 6's without too much trouble. As for the History and Geography, as long as you pay attention in class, do your assignments and know how to write short and extended responses, there shouldn't really be any problems there either.

The week leading up to the tests, look over your notes and do the tests on Board of Studies. And as has been said, "relax", it's good that you're interested in excelling and it's good to get in that frame of mind for senior school, but don't burn yourself out.

pman

Banned
HSC
band 6's can be achieved simply by walking into the exam room, writing for 10 minutes and walking out, 15 minutes if ur a slow writer

3Lachlan2

HSC
You can fluke it like these geniuses. :) Or you can just brief over history and geography. If I studied Human Rights I wouldn't have been stumped on my long response for geo. Oh well. Still got a band 6 :D
same!!!! i thought i was a goner yet got a band 6. very surprising!!!! ftw

0bs3n3

HSC
The Maths test isn't even 5.3. It's piss easy, just read over your notes in your book the night/day before your test and you should be fine.

steph xx

HSC
never studied for the school certificate. my results ranged from a low band five to a high band six.

<3

mioumiou

HSC
The Maths test isn't even 5.3. It's piss easy, just read over your notes in your book the night/day before your test and you should be fine.
LOL, you can even do it with your eyes covered!! :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)