• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tony Abbott - Do you want him as PM? (1 Viewer)

You think the 2010-11 Federal Election should go to the:

• Labor Party under Kevin Rudd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liberal Party under Tony Abbott

• Other

• Total voters

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
economics is a factor - but policy-making is also a factor.
Rudd had one policy until about 6 weeks out of the election that had a negative impact economically....................

economics effects everything and you should learn more about it and take it more seriously

Lauchlan

HSC
Rudd had one policy until about 6 weeks out of the election that had a negative impact economically....................

economics effects everything and you should learn more about it and take it more seriously
im not dismissing it as an important factor - all im saying is that its not the only factor. JESUS CHRIST.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
im not dismissing it as an important factor - all im saying is that its not the only factor. JESUS CHRIST.
well since both are dangerously similar on a social scale all we have left is economics to decide on who to vote for

Lauchlan

HSC
well since both are dangerously similar on a social scale all we have left is economics to decide on who to vote for
........... i disagree. at this stage im not agreeing with you any time soon. still willing to argue?

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
........... i disagree. at this stage im not agreeing with you any time soon. still willing to argue?
why do u disagree they both are relativity the same on social so economics is all that is left

Lauchlan

HSC
why do u disagree they both are relativity the same on social so economics is all that is left
i see a 25-25 poll result. this tells me that there is disagreement on social grounds for both parties.

people do not solely vote on economic management. its a fact of life.

Lentern

HSC
its not ridiculous criticism - its my viewpoint on what an opposition leader should do ie. deliver alternate policies - this is an area in my opinion that tony is slow and scrappy at. therefore i criticise his opposition strategy - however i am not saying it is ineffective. i agree that kevin needs to lift his game and push forward some decent policy conflicts towards the election - i dont think he should have postponed the ETS.

EDIT: Also, don't assume I 100% agree with the video. I agree that Tony Abbott isn't a bad politician, also. But still, PM is a big step. That is the issue I am trying to discuss with you. Again, its obvious that I have an opinion, but I also acknowledge the value of the liberal voter's view.
There is only one kind of opposition leader who really and truly goes into an election promising to be an alternative government as opposed to a continuation of the incumbent government, that kind is a loser. The last opposition leader to run a successful campaign like that was Whitlam. In the Whitlam case the government was as vulnerable as any government has ever been in this country and Whitlam himself was probably a more talented speaker/communicator than anyone since except perhaps Turnbull.

Lauchlan

HSC
There is only one kind of opposition leader who really and truly goes into an election promising to be an alternative government as opposed to a continuation of the incumbent government, that kind is a loser. The last opposition leader to run a successful campaign like that was Whitlam. In the Whitlam case the government was as vulnerable as any government has ever been in this country and Whitlam himself was probably a more talented speaker/communicator than anyone since except perhaps Turnbull.
thats exactly right. it makes sense since i want tony to lose.

turnbull is back so..... who knows what position he will be in.. either way i wish him the best (i have no problems with turnbull compared to abbott).

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
i see a 25-25 poll result. this tells me that there is disagreement on social grounds for both parties.

people do not solely vote on economic management. its a fact of life.
people vote what they think the intentions of the government are on both economics and social. people are under the impression that Rudd is far far less conservative then Abbot but this is simply not true or else there would be bigger social changes since the beginning of his term back in 07.

people think Rudd is a tree hugging hippie because of his affiliation of the Greens but hes not, he holds traditional values.

on a side note it wouldn't matter if he was a tree huger because any radical changes to social policy would lose him the election due to the very large proportion of Aussies being conservatives socially

SO this leaves economics for people who know another Rudd government would be as socially conservative as the last. so it comes down to a gov that supports business or a gov that supports workers. people who mix morals with economics choose the latter unfortunately

wait i just realised something on my rant i forgot to answer your post. how the fuck can you tell people have a disagreement on soical grounds from a poll that isn't about that?

oh and btw i do vote solely for eco management because the freer the market means freer the people

Last edited:

Lauchlan

HSC
people vote what they think the intentions of the government are on both economics and social. people are under the impression that Rudd is far far less conservative then Abbot but this is simply not true or else there would be bigger social changes since the beginning of his term back in 07.

people think Rudd is a tree hugging hippie because of his affiliation of the Greens but hes not, he holds traditional values.

on a side note it wouldn't matter if he was a tree huger because any radical changes to social policy would lose him the election due to the very large proportion of Aussies being conservatives socially

SO this leaves economics for people who know another Rudd government would be as socially conservative as the last. so it comes down to a gov that supports business or a gov that supports workers. people who mix morals with economics choose the latter unfortunately

wait i just realised something on my rant i forgot to answer your post. how the fuck can you tell people have a disagreement on soical grounds from a poll that isn't about that?

oh and btw i do vote solely for eco management because the freer the market means freer the people
in either case, the intentions are all we have... because we cannot look into the future.

therefore it is obvious that rudd has far better intentions and therefore will be voted in.

the poll now siding with rudd only furthers my argument.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
in either case, the intentions are all we have... because we cannot look into the future.

therefore it is obvious that rudd has far better intentions and therefore will be voted in.

the poll now siding with rudd only furthers my argument.
um u can definitely tell what effect an economic policy will have. people call economics a science for a reason

refer to sig

lol there is 20 people +that r for other, now they are ether going to vote for the greens, nationals, or the fucking sex party OR OR they they would vote liberal under another leader such as Costello or Turnbull, your poll isn't clear

Lauchlan

HSC
um u can definitely tell what effect an economic policy will have. people call economics a science for a reason

refer to sig

lol there is 20 people +that r for other, now they are ether going to vote for the greens, nationals, or the fucking sex party OR OR they they would vote liberal under another leader such as Costello or Turnbull, your poll isn't clear
1. lol you can think what you want about economics, its obvious we dont agree...
2. independents are on the rise but will not overtake labor/liberal yet.
3. liberal under another leader doesnt exist - tony is the candidate, noone else.

therefore my poll is clear enough.
labor=rudd, liberal=abbott, other=poo.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
1. lol you can think what you want about economics, its obvious we dont agree...
2. independents are on the rise but will not overtake labor/liberal yet.
3. liberal under another leader doesnt exist - tony is the candidate, noone else.

therefore my poll is clear enough.
labor=rudd, liberal=abbott, other=poo.
we don't agree because u don't know how economics works if u did you would agree and you wouldn't vote Labour

so? what does that have to do with anything?

lol i went other because id vote for a Costello gov but my vote and many others would go back to the liberal party. if u remove other from the poll Liberal would win as with other liberal vs labour polls on this site

Lauchlan

HSC
we don't agree because u don't know how economics works if u did you would agree and you wouldn't vote Labour

so? what does that have to do with anything?

lol i went other because id vote for a Costello gov but my vote and many others would go back to the liberal party. if u remove other from the poll Liberal would win as with other liberal vs labour polls on this site
im not arguing facts - im arguing opinions. end of story. get over it. you choose this and i choose that, we both base these choices on opinion and fact.

your delusional if you think your voting for another leader besides abbott.

and as for independents/other - those who voted in that category have not declared where their preference between the major parties would be. therefore your claim is invalid, as is other polls - we are only focussing on mine.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
im not arguing facts - im arguing opinions. end of story. get over it. you choose this and i choose that, we both base these choices on opinion and fact.

your delusional if you think your voting for another leader besides abbott.

and as for independents/other - those who voted in that category have not declared where their preference between the major parties would be. therefore your claim is invalid, as is other polls - we are only focussing on mine.
well of course your not arguing facts because you can't even do that when you don't know what the facts are XD

go back to the "we made a mistake with Rudd" thread there is like a 20 swing vote for liberal under Howard and i can tell u that the Howard government that was will the be the same as an Abbot government minus work choices.

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
let me ask u this many times i have stated why i would vote liberal over labour but why is it that you would vote labour over liberal. what are the three main reasons for your opinion that labour is better. perhaps you are merely miss informed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)