• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tony Abbott - Do you want him as PM? (4 Viewers)

You think the 2010-11 Federal Election should go to the:

• Labor Party under Kevin Rudd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liberal Party under Tony Abbott

• Other

• Total voters

Lauchlan

HSC
well of course your not arguing facts because you can't even do that when you don't know what the facts are XD

go back to the "we made a mistake with Rudd" thread there is like a 20 swing vote for liberal under Howard and i can tell u that the Howard government that was will the be the same as an Abbot government minus work choices.
Howard votes do not equal Abbott's. That's a pathetic comparison.

Im not arguing facts because that's not the point of these threads.
they are opinion-based - thats why there are opinion polls attached you idiot.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Im not arguing facts because that's not the point of these threads.
they are opinion-based - thats why there are opinion polls attached you idiot.
im not arguing facts - im arguing opinions. end of story. get over it. you choose this and i choose that, we both base these choices on opinion and fact.
Unless you're retarded your opinion should be based on facts.

EDIT: we've already established you're retarded. Now comes the 'why'.

Last edited:

Lauchlan

HSC
let me ask u this many times i have stated why i would vote liberal over labour but why is it that you would vote labour over liberal. what are the three main reasons for your opinion that labour is better. perhaps you are merely miss informed
you seem to be mis-informed as to what these threads are about.

it is my opinion, based on facts (ill give you one at a time) that determines my vote.
same goes for you.

1. liberals have the ideological perspective (proven by their workchoices policy) that the employee should have less rights and the employer should have more control in limiting employees rights.

can you justify that this is right?

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
you seem to be mis-informed as to what these threads are about.

it is my opinion, based on facts (ill give you one at a time) that determines my vote.
same goes for you.

1. liberals have the ideological perspective (proven by their workchoices policy) that the employee should have less rights and the employer should have more control in limiting employees rights.

can you justify that this is right?
well, it is their business you know

Lauchlan

HSC
well thats obvious but i want to see why he is an idiot. what could possibly make him want to vote labour over liberal
i suggest you ask
THE MAJORITY OF THE POLL VOTERS IN THIS THREAD WHO VOTED LABOR OVER LIBERAL

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
i suggest you ask
THE MAJORITY OF THE POLL VOTERS IN THIS THREAD WHO VOTED LABOR OVER LIBERAL
well im asking u

btw employers should have the right to hire and fire staff at will. BECAUSE ITS THEIR BUSINESS THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO RUN!

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
so far you so called fact based opinions are based on the intentions of policy not the outcomes

this entire time i have been trying to get u to look at the outcomes of policy

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
so far you so called fact based opinions are based on the intentions of policy not the outcomes

the third quote in your sig.

Lauchlan

HSC

LOL - changing the subject back to that eh? its obvious when you cant respond to my statements you try to sheild yourself with your bias quotes.

Lauchlan

HSC
well im asking u

btw employers should have the right to hire and fire staff at will. BECAUSE ITS THEIR BUSINESS THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO RUN!
there are varying rights of how far employers can go regarding the timing of working shifts as well as unfair dismissal laws.

there is more than one issue here - dont try to condense such a heated issue into one aspect of it. i suppose thats the only one you suport - your too ashamed to mention the other completely unfair conditions and rights employees were put under.

EDIT: you should ask others as well for gods sake. you've had plenty of time to open up the debate but its obvious that you want to keep this as a personal attack on myself (which undermines your argument)

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
LOL - changing the subject back to that eh? its obvious when you cant respond to my statements you try to sheild yourself with your bias quotes.
because you refuse to look at the facts and the outcomes u just say "well its my opinion".

your like fighting against a religious person.

u: Rudd is good

me: no because his policy will has disastrous results because of a b and c

u: well its my opinion that he is good and that they won't

etc etc etc

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
It's like making Tony Abott believe in climate change!

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
there are varying rights of how far employers can go regarding the timing of working shifts as well as unfair dismissal laws.

there is more than one issue here - dont try to condense such a heated issue into one aspect of it. i suppose thats the only one you suport - your too ashamed to mention the other completely unfair conditions and rights employees were put under.
employers should be able to hire and fire staff at will and be able to negotiate shifts with employees.

your assumption is that all employers are evil when they are just trying to run a business

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
hmm...let me think, so far Abbott has labeled everything a 'great big tax', described Aboriginal welcome to country as 'out of place tokenism (yet he believes federal parliament should continue to start the day with the lords prayer?), rejected all proven means of pricing carbon, doesn't believe in climate change, voted against legislation allowing Australian scientists to do research with embryonic stem cells, wants a return to at-fault divorce and is associated with groups that favour censorship but are opposed to legal abortion, euthanasia,gay rights and stem-cell research. While I'm far from happy with Rudd's actions at the moment, my answer to this question is a resounding NO.

ImAgInE94

HSC
abott sounds like a hypocrit. he has no stand on anything so far.
rudd was okay until labor brought in the leauge tables.
personally, i would not vote either labor or liberal.
that is why i voted "other"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)