As a young person do you feel disenfranchised by the two major parties? (6 Viewers)

Do you feel disenfranchised by the ALP and Coalition?

• Yes, their social policies are backward

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, their economic policies focus too much on families

• No (please explain why)

• Total voters

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
The Greens have clearly become far more mainstream in the last few years.

And by that I mean they've taken Bob Brown off their website and assorted propaganda materials :p

~BUT SERIOUSLY~

Anyone who doesn't vote #1 Green in both houses is basically morally bankrupt, k?

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
people who are scared of the greens are morons. ugh.
omfg wtf is with this wave of hippies who have no idea with how a country works. you fucking hippies are all the same. want to save every species, want to not cut down any tress, mine any resource and yet somehow someway want to maintain the standard of living you now have and improve on it. if the greens got in and did exactly everything they said they will do. your standard of living would be as bad as those in China if not worse because at least china is smart enough to know they have to keep poullting the place if they want there shit of an economy to fucking function.

bio_nut

HSC
omfg wtf is with this wave of hippies who have no idea with how a country works. you fucking hippies are all the same. want to save every species, want to not cut down any tress, mine any resource and yet somehow someway want to maintain the standard of living you now have and improve on it. if the greens got in and did exactly everything they said they will do. your standard of living would be as bad as those in China if not worse because at least china is smart enough to know they have to keep poullting the place if they want there shit of an economy to fucking function.
Yes, because everyone who cares about environmental issues is a hippy.

Fuck.

Most people I know who are keenly into environmental issue acknowledge that we will significantly have to change our standards of living and consumeristic lifestyle.

Just because you only know uneducated people who hold such beliefs doesn't mean they all fall into such a category.

edit: and "save every species"? You're an idiot if you don't see the importance of maintaining biodiversity. And no, it's not to "save the planet." Fuck.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
someone mentioned batshit insane?

economic and environmental issues aren't mutually exclusive, but it's a little difficult to have a thriving economy in a dying environment. but hey, make your own bed.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Yes, because everyone who cares about environmental issues is a hippy.

Fuck.

Most people I know who are keenly into environmental issue acknowledge that we will significantly have to change our standards of living and consumeristic lifestyle.

Just because you only know uneducated people who hold such beliefs doesn't mean they all fall into such a category.

edit: and "save every species"? You're an idiot if you don't see the importance of maintaining biodiversity. And no, it's not to "save the planet." Fuck.
you see thats the thing the greens are uneducated hippies. read the polices on their website it is as clear as black and white they are idiots. fuck if you must make polices that will allow sustainability. but don't fucking ruin everything by making us go back to the stone age. invest in hydrogen fuel cells, wind and solar. make timber companies re plant what they cut down by all means. but don't say no you can't cut down anything at all because that is what the greens are advocating.

yes i understand the importance of bio diveristy but not every fucking rare speices is cruial to the dynamic equilibuim of ecosystems around the world.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
someone mentioned batshit insane?

economic and environmental issues aren't mutually exclusive, but it's a little difficult to have a thriving economy in a dying environment. but hey, make your own bed.
technically depending on locational factors its not difficult at all

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
1. Ashie you're an idiot, dont come into ncap. The free market can solve environmental issues.

2. the idea that any party "helps families" is stupid because the lower middle class would be far better off on a free makret. If you don't realise why you don't know anything about economics.

3. To claim any party is for any sort of freedom is absurd.

badquinton304

HSC
I know. I don't believe in maintaining ecosystems because of omg the trees are crying but more because well I like eating fish but I don't want fish to be extinct that would be terrible, not to mention the myriad products that are derived from natural shit. I really don't see how the flow on effect in food webs is so difficult for people to understand.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
1. Ashie you're an idiot, dont come into ncap. The free market can solve environmental issues.

2. the idea that any party "helps families" is stupid because the lower middle class would be far better off on a free makret. If you don't realise why you don't know anything about economics.

3. To claim any party is for any sort of freedom is absurd.
get back to calling me an idiot when you can type properly.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

technology improves fast enough to adapt to a post fossil fuels economy and living standards to continue to increase and we can enjoy consumerism and be awesome instead.

bio_nut

HSC
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

technology improves fast enough to adapt to a post fossil fuels economy and living standards to continue to increase and we can enjoy consumerism and be awesome instead.
That would be wonderful if the oil blah blah companies actually had the incentive to develop them well in advance of running out of these resources.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
or learn to spell 'market'. you know.
holy fuck

You think im dumb because of a TYPO i.e. I try and type too quickly

I think you're dumb because you don't have a grasp of even rudimentary economics or political philosophy i.e. you're an unthinking ignorant retard

wow

go back to failing your hsc

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
That would be wonderful if the oil blah blah companies actually had the incentive to develop them well in advance of running out of these resources.
sigh...you honestly think one day we'll just run out of oil and then everything will collapse?

have you ever heard of a little thing called....prices? Supply and demand?

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Nah you see what happens is as the resources gradually run out, the price of these resources will increase (as is already being observed with coal, oil and most commodities).

As prices rise, renewable energy projects become comparatively more attractive.

Too many people seem to imagine some sort of outlandish nightmare scenario where one day we all just wake up and realize that there is no more oil.

Edit: You can already witness this change in action now as consumers are increasingly switching to smaller, more fuel efficient cars and hybrid cars in response to rising petrol prices.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)