• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study Timetable (1 Viewer)

danjw

HSC
Hey guys just wondering if some students who have previously completed the HSC could tell me what they find to be an effective timetable, I'd like to know how much I should be studying at this point and when study load should increase and yes I'm aware it differs with the person but I was just wondering if you guys could let me know from past experience what you found effective.

Thanks.

ibbi00

HSC
I made up a timetable and stuck it in front of my desk. It ended up serving as a noteboard as I wrote so much on it that the timetable itself was no longer identifiable. Bottom line is that you need to be very dedicated to follow a set timetable.

There's really no set time to study that works for everyone but if there are no upcoming exams or assessments I recommend you do 4 hours a day at this stage. This includes homework.

Last edited:

tigertooth

HSC
I'd probably study until tired / bored every day

leave it to my self control lol thats the long term plan

danjw

HSC
Okay sweet, that's what I've been doing but my teachers keep nagging us to get one and stick to it.
Cheers.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
In the same year as you and I'm doing about 4 hours a night at the moment, and half an hour review in the morning. On a Saturday I do two hours and Sunday about 6. That's me. Sticking to it is super hard, but if you're aiming high you'll make yourself follow it. Just think, it's only another 10 months or thereabouts, so you might as well give it your all.
That's pretty good what you're doing there.

Last edited by a moderator:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i made one and followed it for 2 days

STAY AWAY!!!!

danjw

HSC
In the same year as you and I'm doing about 4 hours a night at the moment, and half an hour review in the morning. On a Saturday I do two hours and Sunday about 6. That's me. Sticking to it is super hard, but if you're aiming high you'll make yourself follow it. Just think, it's only another 10 months or thereabouts, so you might as well give it your all.
Woah that's a solid effort dude, how are you finding that much material to study are you writing notes or past papers or what?

Last edited by a moderator:

susubean

HSC
Rather than doing up a "study timetable", I've found a more flexible compromise - its still in its infancy as its only Week 1, but it seems to be working well for me so far...

I have a whiteboard, and section it off as follows:

Assignments
This is where I write the "long term" assignments/homework I have to do, and what has to be done to complete each. For example, at the moment a partial excerpt from this section reads:

ENGLISH EXT. 2 MAJOR
-Prepare for Viva Voce (research, choose excerpts for presentation)
-First Draft

I find that this helps me keep my more 'long-term' goals in perspective, while not being too overwhelming due to the smaller tasks that are in the other section...

I label the next section according to the day of the week (as in I rub this section out daily), and place in it the tasks I hope to achieve on that day. Not only do I cross them off as I go, but I do this:

Write down all the small tasks that are imminent. Cross off the ones that you don't think you will get to today, leaving the ones that are feasibly completable in the time you have on that day. This helps you keep all the tasks in mind, but almost 'tricks' your brain in to relieving itself of the stress of having too much to do/feeling like you have left things uncompleted.

Naturally, cross each item off the list also as you complete it.

My list today reads as follows:

Monday
-Entry in Art Major Process Diary
-Ext. 2 Diary Entry
-Look at potential PIP topics (internet research)

I know that was a lot of information, and quite detailed... but I know it has helped me a lot, no guarantee it will help you, but if it does, I'm glad!

Good luck!

K

khorne

The people who say it doesn't work are just pussies. Write out your study time table, and each time you don't follow the scheduled study time, stable yourself in the leg with a rusty nail, to teach yo goose-stepping arse to get into order.

b33g_boss

HSC
want to achieve your goal bad, have a study timetable and torture yourself by sticking to it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)