Sexist/mysoginistic protests (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

After watching Q&A last night and the attitudes of those people towards this sign, I was quite confused. Personally I see no sexism or hatred of women within this protest. This sign would apply just as much to say Kevin Rudd or any man as it would a woman.

So bos what is your opinion? Is this overwrought propaganda from the Labor party to demonise Tony Abbott and the Liberal Party? Or is it a serious issue that Julia Gillard and other female politicians face as women in public office?

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
you see

women are hysterical and defined onoly by emotions

which is why we should ask them about this

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I am of the opinion that it is in fact a serious issue that Julia Gillard and other female politicians face as women in public office. Female politicians (Liberal, Labor and Greens) come under attack more personally than males.

HSC
I am of the opinion that it is in fact a serious issue that Julia Gillard and other female politicians face as women in public office. Female politicians (Liberal, Labor and Greens) come under attack more personally than males.
examples?

HSC
Uni Grad
After watching Q&A last night and the attitudes of those people towards this sign, I was quite confused. Personally I see no sexism or hatred of women within this protest. This sign would apply just as much to say Kevin Rudd or any man as it would a woman.
So bos what is your opinion? Is this overwrought propaganda from the Labor party to demonise Tony Abbott and the Liberal Party? Or is it a serious issue that Julia Gillard and other female politicians face as women in public office?
Agreed. No sexasm or h8 for women here, just a chance for some tards to have a cry and stir up trouble.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Sometimes I think people can be a little sensitive to these issues. In this case, I think they have a valid point. I don't think any male politican would be called someone's "bitch". It's a pretty derogatory term that is normally only applied to women. Also witch, is also normally only directed at women too. Juliar (though stupid) isn't sexist because a male PM could easily get a totally tacky pun on thier name.

Now I'm not saying this is super sexist, but it is a little. I think as a female politican you'd have to put off with alot why isn't she raising kids instead etc. So yeah, people may seem a little sensitive but women are touchy about sexism cause most at some point in their lives have been marginalized because of their gender. It'd be hard for a guy to understand. But just think of it as something personal that happened to you, that causes you to be twitchy around the subject.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
This reminds of me that KFC commercial involving fried chicken and West Indies cricket fans.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
John Howard had it much worse and he didn't complain.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
honestly i see nothing wrong with the sign.

they could have held up a sign Julia is a dick for all i care.

its just using nasty words to express their disgust.

we constantly call dudes someone elses bitch so why is it wrong to say that to a woman?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
This reminds of me that KFC commercial involving fried chicken and West Indies cricket fans.
racist against african americans

Zero african americans in the add

RACISM BURN ALL KFC AND INCINERATE THE ASHES

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
no thats not what niggers were mad about

they were angry b/c they thought the acronym KFC stood for kaffers fuck cats

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
ever noticed how KFC sells pepsi?

Pay
Every
Penny
Save
Israel!!

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
getup are terrible, i know, but this sign is awesome

mirakon

nigga
HSC
allegations of sexism are too far and absurd, but the signs were disrespectful considering she's Prime Minister. Just sayin', political etiquette

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)