Cssa mx1 (1 Viewer)

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Someone post it here when you have the paper or solutions. I want to look at this bitch again. May as well, I have nothing better to do on the weekend. Lol

Dylanamali

HSC
In the graphing question - why does the graph only have 1 x-intercept?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
just substitute back to the original equation : i tried wolfram and i got this -7.105427357601×10^-15 but alternative form is 0. maybe it is a root.
Hermes1 already posted substitution. You have still not shown your substitution leading to nonzero. Either you made an error maybe because you used a wrong polynomial or you have problems with your algebra - in which case you need to address.

Edit

don't blame stupid calculator!

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
the graph is increasing, so at x = -1.2, y = 0
that means that for x > -1.2, y > 0 and if x < -1.2, y < 0
therefore it will never hit x axis again so 1 x -int

Dylanamali

HSC
the graph is increasing, so at x = -1.2, y = 0
that means that for x > -1.2, y > 0 and if x < -1.2, y < 0
therefore it will never hit x axis again so 1 x -int
sweet did that aswell except showed it with derivatives.. is that the correct approach?

muzeikchun852

HSC
Hermes1 already posted substitution. You have still not shown your substitution leading to nonzero. Either you made an error maybe because you used a wrong polynomial or you have problems with your algebra - in which case you need to address.

Edit

don't blame stupid calculator!
i didnt think about substitution because it will be too much working. so i tried perfect square and all those methods that i know, and putted into my stupid calculator, they all gave me this stupid small number, and these stupid small numbers make me stupidly stress.

but i'm okay now:)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
can you list the sequence of inputs into yr calculator? step by step without ommision. we'll see where you boo bood.

muzeikchun852

HSC
i said there was no maximum or minimum point, hence only one inflexion point at x=0 therefore it only hits it the x-intercept once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)