I need a job. (1 Viewer)

twistedrebel

HSC
point, but if you want a job real bad good place to start. When i worked as a soccer ref in my first year i earned $30 lining the line for opens. I even made 180$ in a day doing a few games. Open's ref in the middle earns $60 a game. So you start about 1 until 4:30 for $120 bucks for two games. Cash aswell, no tax, not going to find anything better.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
point, but if you want a job real bad good place to start. When i worked as a soccer ref in my first year i earned $30 lining the line for opens. I even made 180$ in a day doing a few games. Open's ref in the middle earns $60 a game. So you start about 1 until 4:30 for $120 bucks for two games. Cash aswell, no tax, not going to find anything better.
One of the dropouts from my grade goes around with his lawnmower + trimmer and goes around mowing people's lawns for $30. He gets around 6-7 lawns per day, everyday. All cash and a lot of potential customers. Especially in this weather.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I'm thinking just fuck the retail industry since they don't want me lol man they started taking people in in September!!! I was farking studying for my trials at that time grrrr. I'm not going to stop, just going to seriously spam more resumes all over the place. My resume is very neat and professional - ahaha thanks word templates :)

Thing is they will hire people that have actually DONE RETAIL work experience as either their HSC course or through another job. They are not going to hire someone like me that's had no experience in that area, although I do have a substantial amount of knowledge in the technological side..but still RETAIL piece of shit experience prevails that too, so therefore you get dumb cunts who no nothing about the details of a technological product or just try and sell you the oldest piece of hardware / software just to get rid of it.
would year 10 work experience at myer make you more worthy of the job in myer? (I did menswear in year 10 btw)

twistedrebel

HSC
One of the dropouts from my grade goes around with his lawnmower + trimmer and goes around mowing people's lawns for $30. He gets around 6-7 lawns per day, everyday. All cash and a lot of potential customers. Especially in this weather.
180-210 a day that is pretty solid for no qualifications.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
My 4 job interviews.
Zone3- played charades (deadly serious) Got nowhere.
Optus Cadetship in Telecommunications, passed all interviews, held back due to poor maths.
General Hand at french polishing company- lift up a 5KG block of wood, passed
Inghams- Passed physio, get good payin job.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
My 4 job interviews.
Zone3- played charades (deadly serious) Got nowhere.
Optus Cadetship in Telecommunications, passed all interviews, held back due to poor maths.
General Hand at french polishing company- lift up a 5KG block of wood, passed
Inghams- Passed physio, get good payin job.
Damn @ optus cadetship.

How much you getting per hour at Inghams? What do you specifically do?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Boning section.
$27 Casual.
$21 Permanent.

I cut up all the thighs and turn them into nice food.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
My best job fell into my lap out of nowhere, after 2 and a half years of studying greek my lecturer asked me i'd like to be a research assistant on his new project. $30 an hour, 90% of work done independently at home, still stoked tbh

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Every job I've ever applied for I've got a call back and got the job.

can't see what you are doing wrong.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
*over the phone interviews and no interview required

HSC
Uni Grad
do maths tutoring
easy money, easy work
only issue is summer holidays, no source of income for ~2 months while schools out

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
hahaha gosh I have had so many jobs

umm let me try and think

kebab shop
subway
waitress
cosmetics assistant
retail in surf/skate shop
retail in giftwear/homme department
retail in designer menswear
Admissions and Enrolment student admin
Secretary for Graduations
singing teacher
choir conducter
retail assistant at bondi david jones childrenswear department
retail assistant at bondi david jones shoes and accessories department
freelance graphic design work
Singing at a french restaurant
assistant for UNSW Co-operative Scholarship Sponsor Steering Committee
more design work

plus I've been offered about 20+ admin jobs but turned them down due not being able to do full time.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Every job I've ever applied for I've got a call back and got the job.

can't see what you are doing wrong.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: i fink that businesses are being really sexist and not hiring male workers.

twistedrebel

HSC
fyi: retail sales are heaps down currently so most not going to hire.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: i fink that businesses are being really sexist and not hiring male workers.
Maybe most employers have found as a generalization most female workers are more reliable and time efficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)