The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
Moar? Ha, I so can't wait til Christmas is over. This week I only have two supervision night shifts, one saturday and sunday shift. Then the week after consists of 3 night supervision shifts, and Christmas eve as an operator. Get to supervise 7:30 to 12:30 on that Friday night.

Do you ever do night close shifts by yourself Mathew?

And about the price cuts, my CSM said something about them not being licensed to use Price Cuts advertising or something? Is that correct?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Do you ever do night close shifts by yourself Mathew?

And about the price cuts, my CSM said something about them not being licensed to use Price Cuts advertising or something? Is that correct?
Close supervision? No not normally, but now that I am starting up supervision, probably yes. Also, all the other supervisors that are "sick" will now also call me. I've worked Saturday night SCO close since 2009 though.

BSammy

HSC
My poor CSM worked from 7am til midnight yesterday because I called in sick. I feel kinda bad, but my back is killing me and I had a doctors note. Worked tonight but everything took ages due to the pain. GOing to have a month off sometime soon, depending on when is best for my store. I'm not too fussed.

BSammy

HSC
Split shift today, morning office and nighttime office.

SOmeone didn't show up in the office this morning, so I got woken up at some ungodly hour. Need the money tho, so I was happy to go in. Sunday rates, yay~!

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Split shift today, morning office and nighttime office.

SOmeone didn't show up in the office this morning, so I got woken up at some ungodly hour. Need the money tho, so I was happy to go in. Sunday rates, yay~!

Lucky.

I am so poor :p Z

BSammy

HSC
I don't feel lucky, but I will next pay day.

Hey, do people here get paid for non permanent shifts which they call in sick for? Like a flex up or additional shift which you are sick for.?

According to the agreement you are supposed to, but in my store it usually takes telling the pay girl and then reminding her or the SSO. By default they don't, unless you ask I guess.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
From what i hear you still need to tell them. Otherwise i believe they won't know and won't edit the entry data

nanakid12

HSC
Holy love working Sunday when there are only three people rostered on to the frontend (including the supervisor, which was my CSM). And then our power surged three times cos of the storm. But we did make $8000 over the projected amount, so that's pretty good.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Back in 2010, there was an accident nearby that left the entire area without power. Being in a shopping centre, there was power though.
Unfortunately the mechanism that automatically kicks the generator in broke lol. Everything lost power (including registers). The store was evacuated and all service staff were tasked with putting the trolleys of customer stock back on the shelf, we had to shut our roller doors and everything.
Let's just say that the crowd lingering outside our roller doors in the shopping complex was HUGE! Sticky nose people :p

Was good fun though.

nanakid12

HSC
So basically, it was just whatever the UPS had left in her before cutting out?

I bet it was fun haha

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Dilemma: So it's been "almost" a week now since I had my one-on-one interview, and I haven't received any reply yet from the manager/HR department regarding the interview. According to a friend that works at the same Woolworths I applied at, the store manager said that they can't have any people at the moment, so best case scenario is that it's delayed, or worst case scenario is that they won't hire anybody, meaning no job for me. That's what he told my friend when he asked about "new people", but I'm not sure if I'd be classified in that "new" category since I already went to the interview and received an acceptance email for an interview.

What's the best plan of action that I should take? It's either I see him again in-store and enquire about my application, call him up or leave it and hope for the best. Do Woolworths have waiting lists?

I'm sick of this new manager. If the previous manager who initially accepted me for the interview was there, I'd probably would've had it... And during these times, it's impossible to get a job since all of the Christmas casuals would've started working.

Edit: As for the interview, I expressed that I was available every day, 7 days a week, and answered all interview questions well. I needed this job badly, sigh.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Dilemma: So it's been "almost" a week now since I had my one-on-one interview, and I haven't received any reply yet from the manager/HR department regarding the interview. According to a friend that works at the same Woolworths I applied at, the store manager said that they can't have any people at the moment, so best case scenario is that it's delayed, or worst case scenario is that they won't hire anybody, meaning no job for me. That's what he told my friend when he asked about "new people", but I'm not sure if I'd be classified in that "new" category since I already went to the interview and received an acceptance email for an interview.

What's the best plan of action that I should take? It's either I see him again in-store and enquire about my application, call him up or leave it and hope for the best. Do Woolworths have waiting lists?

I'm sick of this new manager. If the previous manager who initially accepted me for the interview was there, I'd probably would've had it... And during these times, it's impossible to get a job since all of the Christmas casuals would've started working.

Edit: As for the interview, I expressed that I was available every day, 7 days a week, and answered all interview questions well. I needed this job badly, sigh.
Just call up and ask? Simple.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
What is everyones store refund policy?
Our store is extremely simple.

All refunds go under "Return Item" even if it's damaged (management request), or "Scanning Policy" for those scanning policy items.
Any semi-high amount (approx $10 or more) without a receipt we generally only offer a store credit or exchange.

We don't bother with no receipt procedures or anything, it all just goes through "return item" regardless. We would be lucky if even half of the refund customers had receipts with them.

EDIT: Also, I can't wait for the POS to start printing the recharge voucher attached to the receipt, the amount of times I forget about the voucher and say "Here is your recept, cya later" as the voucher is printing, is a lot lol. Even if they printed before the receipt, that would solve this issue.

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
What is everyones store refund policy?
Our store is extremely simple.

All refunds go under "Return Item" even if it's damaged (management request), or "Scanning Policy" for those scanning policy items.
Any semi-high amount (approx $10 or more) without a receipt we generally only offer a store credit or exchange.

We don't bother with no receipt procedures or anything, it all just goes through "return item" regardless. We would be lucky if even half of the refund customers had receipts with them.

EDIT: Also, I can't wait for the POS to start printing the recharge voucher attached to the receipt, the amount of times I forget about the voucher and say "Here is your recept, cya later" as the voucher is printing, is a lot lol. Even if they printed before the receipt, that would solve this issue.
Very odd that your store doesn't use "Damaged Item/Sale" for something that isn't going back on display. When you process items through "Return Item/Sale" it adds them to the current SOH count, whereas Damaged does not.

I'm also surprised that your store doesn't just follow the standard supermarkets refund policy. Oh well, different strokes for different folks i guess ;-)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Very odd that your store doesn't use "Damaged Item/Sale" for something that isn't going back on display. When you process items through "Return Item/Sale" it adds them to the current SOH count, whereas Damaged does not.
This is because our write off value is WAY too high. Basically what happens now is, anything that is damaged or "damaged to repair" gets put out the back and the managers write them off. Stuff that can be repaired will be done by the managers (and will be reduced to clear on a special stand), and the stuff that can't be will be written off and thrown out.
It's just to ensure that stuff will ONLY be written off if there is no other alternative.

I personally think it's good. Before this, everything was written off for the smallest reason, now customers can get repaired items at a reduced cost and it saves the company HEAPS of money.

bensneddon

HSC
This is because our write off value is WAY too high. Basically what happens now is, anything that is damaged or "damaged to repair" gets put out the back and the managers write them off. Stuff that can be repaired will be done by the managers (and will be reduced to clear on a special stand), and the stuff that can't be will be written off and thrown out.
It's just to ensure that stuff will ONLY be written off if there is no other alternative.

I personally think it's good. Before this, everything was written off for the smallest reason, now customers can get repaired items at a reduced cost and it saves the company HEAPS of money.
Ahh that makes sense :)

Still some things have to be dumped no matter what - fresh products, baby food, vitamins etc

LouisaCar

HSC
How do I get a job at woolies. I applied but apparently there was someone better (obviously with more experience) and I got rejected....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)