The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Craven

HSC
We are one of the busiest in the state. Pretty much in the heart of suburbia Sydney
Rosters must have been easy then... Or then again, I got a headache with 10 staff. Granted their availabilities are shit.

nanakid12

HSC
Does Woolworths rent steam cleaner vacuums?
Someone called up the other day:
ME (supervising the front): Service desk, this is nanakid12 speaking.
CUSTOMER: Hi, I'm just wondering about your rug cleaners.
ME: Yes, we have those. Anything else?
CUSTOMER: Yeah, can you like... tell me about them?
ME: woops.

-----
And iMathew, I thought you said your store never lets under 18s supervise, and that stores who do so would get in big trouble for doing so?

And wooooo!! We're always open the two Sundays before Christmas with shit-all staff, and I'm working both of them (as a checkout operator)! Despite advertising within every square inch of the shop that "YES! WE'RE OPEN THIS SUNDAY!" no one knows that we're open this sunday. Should be pretty cruisy, get all the cleaning and other jobs done. Also get to supervise the midnight-close shift on Friday the 23. Woot woot. Will be shaweet as.

Random new amusement: when one of my friends walks into the store, call them by their nickname on the P.A. Its funny if they have a strange nickname too.

"Attention customers, 'Romania' if your in the store, call through the customer enquiries desk, Romania to the customer enquiries desk." (Yes, I have a Romanian friend who we call Romania. People often question why he doesn't call us Australia.)

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
And iMathew, I thought you said your store never lets under 18s supervise, and that stores who do so would get in big trouble for doing so?
;) but shhh

Random new amusement: when one of my friends walks into the store, call them by their nickname on the P.A. Its funny if they have a strange nickname too.

"Attention customers, 'Romania' if your in the store, call through the customer enquiries desk, Romania to the customer enquiries desk." (Yes, I have a Romanian friend who we call Romania. People often question why he doesn't call us Australia.)
When my friends come into the store, I call a security camera check to the aisle they're currently in rofl.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know why we had to take down all the 'everyday price cut' tickets last night? Seemed quite odd that tickets had to taken down just days after they were put up.

BSammy

HSC
I was told it was something to do with copyright. Couldn't find out more than that however.

ytrbut

HSC
I was told it was something to do with copyright. Couldn't find out more than that however.
How bullshit was that. SM got a call from the Area Manager just as myself and the ASM were walking out the door. An hour later and we'd finally purged the store of everything price cut related. Not happy.

All tickets need to be reprinted and hung by 5pm EST today, on special 9up tickets. Exactly what every store needs with the shit wage percentages National gave everyone this week (5.62 for us, down from like 6.3 normally) and given how soft this week has been in sales in most places.

BSammy

HSC
Kinda of glad I went home sick on wednesday before I'd hung up any new price cuts.
I'd feel it was a waste of effort by this time. :p

nanakid12

HSC
So are you supervising by yourself, or just for lunchbreaks and stuff, like I usually do?

I did learn how to do an open for a Saturday a few weeks ago. Pretty much just put all the money back into the tills, order change, unlock DVD securers, cupboards & smokes, put mats down and do GAP scan before 8am. Then unlock the front doors, low and behold to greet A single person.

I'm contracted to supervision Friday nights, which are generally pretty cruisy, so if I ever have to open on a Saturday I can just figure out all the breaks the night before :)

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
So are you supervising by yourself, or just for lunchbreaks and stuff, like I usually do?
By myself. What is your supervision rate? According to that clause of the agreement, you should be getting the full adult wage for grade 4 supervision too?
Almost $21 on a regular day and $31.18 on a Sunday is amazing.

LonelyWolf

HSC
Yes. What do you need to clean up LW?
Nothing suspicious, cleaning out my room - there's a literal fuck tonne of dust in the carpet/air/furniture/curtains etc etc

Can anyone tell me how much steam cleaners usually cost to rent and do I need to buy any other products with it?

nanakid12

HSC
By myself. What is your supervision rate? According to that clause of the agreement, you should be getting the full adult wage for grade 4 supervision too?
At the moment I think I get $19.50 an hour? I'm contracted as well. However, at first I was still casual when I was rosters on for supervision and got $23.00 an hour, which was amazing.
Since we aren't open Sunday's, obviously I don't know what the rate is. I will do my CSMs break these next two Sundays we are open, however and only get paid as a checkout operator. Doesn't worry me though, in the slightest.

Nothing suspicious, cleaning out my room - there's a literal fuck tonne of dust in the carpet/air/furniture/curtains etc etc

Can anyone tell me how much steam cleaners usually cost to rent and do I need to buy any other products with it?
I know you usually have to buy two products with both the rug doctor and britex, one must be defoamer, and I think the other is up to you? I think 24 hours is roughly $28, 48 hours is roughly around $36. That's about all I can remember.

Ohhh and can anyone tell me what the position of the nightfill captain is? They have the position advertised in our store. I know it involves packing and duty managers, but what else.
Just dreaming I guess... :)

Last edited:

Jolyon

HSC
Be glad you are not at my store, because your super numbers will be gone like that! haha

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Be glad you are not at my store, because your super numbers will be gone like that! haha
Why, cause you would take them away from me? haha. Don't worry, my CSM personally gave them to me back in Dec 2010. I swear I am one of the most capable people in the whole department sometimes >.>

spilla2003

HSC
Err what the hell! Thats a big problem!
From what I've heard, Coles complained that the Price Cut/Everyday Price cut is too similar to one of their promotions, but when I went into Coles yesterday, I couldn't see anything like "Price Cut". Although I did notice our new tickets look exactly the same, just a different colour up the top. :p

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
From what I've heard, Coles complained that the Price Cut/Everyday Price cut is too similar to one of their promotions, but when I went into Coles yesterday, I couldn't see anything like "Price Cut". Although I did notice our new tickets look exactly the same, just a different colour up the top. :p
To be honest, I was walking up Health & Beauty on Wednesday thinking "our special tickets are starting to look like Coles'". Are they the ones that are being pulled or are these different ones?

spilla2003

HSC
To be honest, I was walking up Health & Beauty on Wednesday thinking "our special tickets are starting to look like Coles'". Are they the ones that are being pulled or are these different ones?
The yellow ones with "Special", "x% off", etc are staying up. It's the Everyday Price Cut (the old PKD) and the Price Cut (the old rollback) that have all come down and should have been replaced with the standard special tickets.

Wasn't a fan of the Price Cut anyway, the catalogue stand looked pretty tacky with the font they used, but that's probably just the typography snob in me!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
So tonight went well I guess.
I won't say too much about the staff, but let's just say.... I had to go over everything that they did to get it up to a reasonable level, they drove me insane, well one of them did.

Moarrr supervision tomorrow, yay for penalty rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)