Should I drop two subs and go straight for 10 units? (2 Viewers)

bleakarcher

HSC
Hey guys, I'm in the last term of preliminary and I'm thinking that for year 12 I'll just go with 10 units consisting of the following subjects:
physics
chemistry
mx1
mx2
english advanced

My other two subjects are biology and legal studies. Biology I am dropping no doubt whatsoever but I'm thinking of keeping legal studies. What do you guys think?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, if you're confident about your plan - go for it. I'm risk averse, I'd keep an extra just in case... but it's up to you.

bleakarcher

HSC
^ I think I'm doing the exact same subs as you did in the case that I keep legal actually lol. (Aimed at Shadowdude)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I am a great advocate in keeping a back up until hys at least. But that's me I guess if you're confident 10 is fine but 12 is manageable.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd do it in steps, have a feel of what it feels like not doing bio. You may find the free periods go along way in the workload etc.

I'd at least keep legal in the early part of Yr 12 to make sure you are confident in your 10 units plan. I wouldn't drop 4 whole units flat.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
depends entirely on how confident you are with your remaining 10 units. If you KNOW you will nail them, then by all means drop. If you are uncertain as to whether you can perform optimally in those 10 units, then keep legal studies

Siddy123

HSC
@bleak,
if you drop, we would be doing exact same subjects:)
im planning on dropping sor1 at the end of prelims..
and I would be on 11 units.

Thief

!!
HSC
Yeah I'm considering between 10/11 units at the moment, I think I'll stay with 11 to be safe.

bleakarcher

HSC
depends entirely on how confident you are with your remaining 10 units. If you KNOW you will nail them, then by all means drop. If you are uncertain as to whether you can perform optimally in those 10 units, then keep legal studies
Well I personally love physics/chem and will have no trouble studying for them for this reason. I know for sure that I won't drop mx2 so they are the only subjects I need to worry about right now. I honestly want to drop legal as well because I personally don't like it and would prefer to concentrate on less subjects. There is also a lot of content in HSC legal so yeah..

mirakon

nigga
HSC
how do you feel you are doing in english?

edit: actually nevermind, cos english always counts anyway

bleakarcher

HSC
how do you feel you are doing in english?
well so far we have only done one assessment task so far (lol) and my current rank is 7/35. the yearlies are coming up soon though so yeah I'll see how it goes. i don't feel like i've learnt too much this year however.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
well so far we have only done one assessment task so far (lol) and my current rank is 7/35. the yearlies are coming up soon though so yeah I'll see how it goes. i don't feel like i've learnt too much this year however.
Since we all know that you're pretty pro at maths/science, your ATAR will be determined by your English mark. I reckon you'll cope with 10 units. If you reckon that keeping Legal will harm your English, then drop it. I'm pretty sure that given your skills and your interests, MX1 + MX2 + Phys + Chem will definitely count.

95 in English > 92 in English and 93 in Legal.

bleakarcher

HSC
Since we all know that you're pretty pro at maths/science, your ATAR will be determined by your English mark. I reckon you'll cope with 10 units. If you reckon that keeping Legal will harm your English, then drop it. I'm pretty sure that given your skills and your interests, MX1 + MX2 + Phys + Chem will definitely count.

95 in English > 92 in English and 93 in Legal.
Yeah man, I think I'm dropping it. Even if I keep legal, I will probably just end up bludging in it because of how boring it is (or atleast I find it).

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Also bleak consider looking at the syllabus of the HSC course. I know I found the Preliminary Physics course quite boring. But HSC Physics is fun. Maybe the same goes for Legal.

bleakarcher

HSC
^ yeah my teacher said it does in fact get more interesting in year 12 but even then I'm not really interested lol..I'm just not really into legal.

QuantumIllusion

HSC
Hey guys, I'm in the last term of preliminary and I'm thinking that for year 12 I'll just go with 10 units consisting of the following subjects:
physics
chemistry
mx1
mx2
english advanced

My other two subjects are biology and legal studies. Biology I am dropping no doubt whatsoever but I'm thinking of keeping legal studies. What do you guys think?
MX2, Chem, Phys and Adv. Eng is an awesome set of subjects =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)