help jst skipped entire section of exam (1 Viewer)

Two Sections or Three Sections?

• Two

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • Three

Votes: 146 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Oh god I feel so bad for OP :'( and all the other people who think that only your top two sections count.

lgnorance

HSC
lol barbernator go away bro. you are a king at maths, how can you not know how percentages work. sucks to be you 2012s. :p

Cheesecake_a

HSC
what about EVERYTHING together? As in, I know externals are worth 50%, but since I am crap at maths, what does that make 10 units worth? or 11 or 12 units? Like would one exam paper not be worth that much then because you need to divide everything?

Keelan134

HSC
what about EVERYTHING together? As in, I know externals are worth 50%, but since I am crap at maths, what does that make 10 units worth? or 11 or 12 units? Like would one exam paper not be worth that much then because you need to divide everything?
Each subject isn't combined for your HSC. Your Atar tells you what percentage of the state you beat, hence why the top mark is 99.95 as you can't beat yourself. The Atar is determined by your scaled mark in each course being added together from your best 10 units to give you an aggregate out of 500 of which the state is compared to.

nifkeh

HSC
best 2 units of english + 8 best ranked units that are not english = ATAR

lolJK

HSC
Peoples, im freaking out. I found the creative the easiest so that's the only one i did. My school told me that you only have to do your most strongest one and the BOS would scale it to a mark out of 40. Am i doomed? BTW, its the same with modules right? Like, you only have to do one? Thanks, and Good Luck!

onedaysnotice

HSC
Peoples, im freaking out. I found the creative the easiest so that's the only one i did. My school told me that you only have to do your most strongest one and the BOS would scale it to a mark out of 40. Am i doomed? BTW, its the same with modules right? Like, you only have to do one? Thanks, and Good Luck!
lol. I'd give you 1/10 just for effort.

shannan94

HSC
There is so much wrong with this post I don't know whether to consider you a troll or just really, really stupid.

For the final time for everyone, the board takes all your sections, adds up the total and gives you a mark out of 105, 3 sections are out of 15 which is paper one total 45 and three sections are out of 20 in paper 2 total 60 hence = 105 marks total. There is no removing the 'worst section' or scaling the 'best' section. all questions must be completed as clearly outlined on the front cover sheet of the exam, very simple instructions.

thread/

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
So much troll in this thread. Just read Rafy's post for confirmation of how the HSC is marked.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Wait fuck. You're telling me I didn't have to do all 3 sections? I knew my teachers were incompetant, but not THAT incompetant. No wonder everyone else on here is writing 8 page essays and mine was less than 5 :'(.

McMuffins

Banned
HSC
Wait fuck. You're telling me I didn't have to do all 3 sections? I knew my teachers were incompetant, but not THAT incompetant. No wonder everyone else on here is writing 8 page essays and mine was less than 5 :'(.
No.

You had to do ALL 3 sections.

kenkap

HSC
just a doubt! student number was 8 digits yet they provided 9..which one do u leave???

McMuffins

Banned
HSC
Are you sure? I've known barbernator on here for a long time and he's never told me anything that's incorrect.
Trust me. 100%. All my teachers say you need to do all of them, regardless of how crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)