help jst skipped entire section of exam (2 Viewers)

Two Sections or Three Sections?

• Two

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • Three

Votes: 146 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BenBrownTown

HSC
how else would they do it then to get it out of 40? i see no other way

hmmm I guess the people that get like 44/45, it wouldn't work because that means they would get 44/40 which isnt a number. :/

how then?
They would put your mark of 25 divided by 45 and then multiple it by 40 to get a mark out of 40

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
how else would they do it then to get it out of 40? i see no other way

hmmm I guess the people that get like 44/45, it wouldn't work because that means they would get 44/40 which isnt a number. :/

how then?
How else would they do it?

(25/45)*40 ~= 22.2

It doesn't really matter about what happend in the conversion anyway because in the end everyone is on an even ground and aligning is set up to that anyway.

crazy_paki123

HSC
is this true are you trolling cause i absolutely fked up the comprehension

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
They always make it very obvious if there are questions you don't have to do (i.e. option topic), you always have to assume you have to complete everything in the hsc unless it specifically tells you otherwise.

nifkeh

HSC
if they said on the paper only to attempt 2 sections it would literally say that, like on the cover "Attempt 2 sections" instead of "attempt all sections" or something. Anyways, I'm pretty sure you had to attempt all three for both English papers

Rawf

HSC
Man -___- i cant tell if that kids trolling or his actually being serious that he doesn't know..
ALL the sections are marked in AoS and they all have equal weighting. If you messed one section up then too bad.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I was planning to skip the creative section (just because the stimulus are sooo ghey) till i came up with an story about all 5 and how ghey they were

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Nothing you can really do to be honest. However, was your Section 1 and 3 good? Otherwise, you now just need to focus on the modules.

Lucas_

HSC
because people are better at different areas.
Yeah this is what my teacher explained when I asked her, "Why only mark 2/3 of the areas? Isn't that a waste of time".

In the exam I just put no effort into short answer and really used the time to do 50 minute creative and essay's :)

enoilgam

HSC
All sections are marked. They have always been.

"Paper 1 will be marked out of 45 marks and the mark for each candidate will be converted to a mark out of 40."

Enough trolling in this thread. As above, all three sections count towards the final mark.

Gotei

HSC
Dw, you made the right decision. They only take your best 2/3 parts :)

I skipped the short answers and nailed the creative and short, so hopefully i can get 28/30 and they scale it up to 43/45. Most people do 3 parts just to be safe, so don't worry, you're fine!
notsureifsrs LMAO

McMuffins

Banned
HSC
I better hope everyone is fucking around...

ALL sections are marked and ALL count towards the mark of 45.

Say you get 40/45. That percentage is multiplied by 40 to get a mark out of 40. Then the Board of Studies Alligns and Moderates it according to their system.

I have 3 HSC markers in my School, and they all say each section is just as important as the other

kenkap

HSC
one question- why did u skip it?? please dont say u didnt have enough time...timing might have been a concern in this exam but only upto some extent...otherwise you shoulda come close to finishing your creative!

ALL THE BEST FOR MODULES AND I HOPE U DONT SCREW UP

McMuffins

Banned
HSC
one question- why did u skip it?? please dont say u didnt have enough time...timing might have been a concern in this exam but only upto some extent...otherwise you shoulda come close to finishing your creative!

ALL THE BEST FOR MODULES AND I HOPE U DONT SCREW UP
Because people don't understand time management.

Next you will be hearing them say that in Paper two you only need to do two modules

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)