Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
More or less.

There is the occasional hour I get pissed off at myself for not being able to do tute questions properly ie. Not paying attention to details but other than that, fun fun fun.

(im just enjoying the happiness now until i become a cynical blob in a few weeks time)
I think we all cycle through periods of cynicism and happiness.

Verify

HSC
Quick question, is it necessary to write the proofs in full when doing similar triangles?
For example:

<ABC = < ADC (adjacent angles, where AB || BC)

The textbooks I use have it shortened (say, adj. <'s, AB || BC), but our school says it is necessary to do it in that form. For me, it feels like a time waster if I have to write it all out in exam conditions.

kev-kun

HSC
Quick question, is it necessary to write the proofs in full when doing similar triangles?
For example:

<ABC = < ADC (adjacent angles, where AB || BC)

The textbooks I use have it shortened (say, adj. <'s, AB || BC), but our school says it is necessary to do it in that form. For me, it feels like a time waster if I have to write it all out in exam conditions.
Yeah apparently that's how it is... My teacher said to do it the long way... e.g. instead of (SAS) you have to write (Side, Angle, Side)

deloving

HSC
see ya guys. it was nice knowing you. :(

nah but srsly, how're you finding school macek (can't rmber how to spell ur name)
Is this who I think it is? XD But dude what the fuck's with your Profile Info? Favourite music? K-POP? u WOT m8....................?

School's getting pretty boring. Procrastinating hard. Maths is the same as always.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Yeah apparently that's how it is... My teacher said to do it the long way... e.g. instead of (SAS) you have to write (Side, Angle, Side)
I wrote (AA) in the HSC for similar triangles and got full marks.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
You're gonna have to cut down heaps then- how many words is your essay?
No idea, I've only ever hand written it. I didn't finish, but I realised early and cut out a less vital paragraph so I could properly conclude.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Internals for math you probably should write out proofs in full

Wonder

HSC
I wrote (AA) in the HSC for similar triangles and got full marks.
Whoa O_O I'd definitely say write it out in full, though, so you can get used to it and because you might get a picky marker in the HSC. My teacher mentioned that one year they penalised people writing "alt. angles" because "alt." could be considered ambiguous - ridiculous, but yeah, for similar triangles at least I'd recommend writing it out in full.

saysesame

HSC
You don't have to write out the whole thing. SAS is enough.
Yeah this is what we're taught too. You definitely should write parallel lines instead of "ll lines" etc. but I've never head that it was necessary to write "side, angle, side" instead of SAS :O

The future generation! Hi!
Hey Spiral! For the third time! :DDDD

deloving

HSC
Maths exam tomorrow. Haven't studied. Haven't finished 80% of the exercises, so skimming over the textbook won't do much. inb4 dropped to General.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Fml my english assessment is at 11 and i havent even read the prescribed text but i have memorised quotes and techniques off sparknotes. Hopefully thats good enough lol

Nekxkwmckwkdm

Hashtagyolo
I got 7/15 in my assessment task and i actually tried like i got quotes and techniques and i didnt memorise them last minute...

Might as well drop to standard sigh

enoilgam

HSC
I got 7/15 in my assessment task and i actually tried like i got quotes and techniques and i didnt memorise them last minute...

Might as well drop to standard sigh
Dont drop to standard, just keep at it. Remember, you're in year 11, now is the time to make mistakes.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Dont drop to standard, just keep at it. Remember, you're in year 11, now is the time to make mistakes.
I feel like shit because the average is like 9/15 and everyone got 10+/15 :cry: idk why im so shit at english though

Aysce

HSC
I feel like shit because the average is like 9/15 and everyone got 10+/15 :cry: idk why im so shit at english though
:(

On the bright side, year 11 doesn't count for jack and at least you can work on your mistakes hence you'll improve in the future :)

Vast improvements are very possible if you keep analysing where you went wrong with the help of your teacher and lots of practice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)