Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

kazemagic

HSC
I got 7/15 in my assessment task and i actually tried like i got quotes and techniques and i didnt memorise them last minute...

Might as well drop to standard sigh
dw ur not the only one ill be getting something similar to that for my essay too

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
I feel like shit because the average is like 9/15 and everyone got 10+/15 :cry: idk why im so shit at english though
Dw, we make mistakes all the time- the idea is to minimize and avoid repeating them, and avoid complacency.
For example, I made a couple of errors with rounding and stuff for chemistry molar calculations. But now that I've made this mistake I (hope) I won't repeat it.

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
:(

On the bright side, year 11 doesn't count for jack and at least you can work on your mistakes hence you'll improve in the future :)

Vast improvements are very possible if you keep analysing where you went wrong with the help of your teacher and lots of practice.
Aysce is pretty much on the money. Although, I know it's easier said than done and a bad performance can get you down a bit, but eventually, you find your way back onto the horse so to speak.

Haruka

HSC
Who else is regretting their subject choices? I'm still hating Chem, my teacher is cutting back on the assholery, but I really don't want a career in science and my parents won't let me back out.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Who else is regretting their subject choices? I'm still hating Chem, my teacher is cutting back on the assholery, but I really don't want a career in science and my parents won't let me back out.
I somewhat regret picking economics lol, but it's early days yet- mainly cause I'm not really stellar at essays- thinking maybe should have done bio...but I wasn't planning to keep it for HSC anyways (but as I said, early days yet)

enoilgam

HSC
I think most people are regretting some of their choices. Why wont your parents let you back out, isnt it your decision?

I somewhat regret picking economics lol, but it's early days yet- mainly cause I'm not really stellar at essays- thinking maybe should have done bio...but I wasn't planning to keep it for HSC anyways (but as I said, early days yet)
Like maths, the more you practice with essays, the more you improve.

Verify

HSC
Ancient. I was probably out of my mind when I picked it. Must've been because of all the selective applications and whatnot. Anyway, at this rate dropping it in Year 12 would certainly be a possibility.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
:(

On the bright side, year 11 doesn't count for jack and at least you can work on your mistakes hence you'll improve in the future :)

Vast improvements are very possible if you keep analysing where you went wrong with the help of your teacher and lots of practice.
:)

Dw, we make mistakes all the time- the idea is to minimize and avoid repeating them, and avoid complacency.
For example, I made a couple of errors with rounding and stuff for chemistry molar calculations. But now that I've made this mistake I (hope) I won't repeat it.
It wasn't a mistake lol. I had legit nfi what was going on during the exam because it was a listening task... i need to visualise shit :/ listening tasks can smd. If I have a listening task in year 12, i'm gone.

I like all my subs that i picked but i was 'forced' to pick a subject out of pdhpe, dance, drama, cafs, society and culture, exploring early childhood, music, chem, bio or legal. I picked legal and i hate it. I should've picked chem or something (it looks interesting lol but it will probs be hard for me).

deloving

HSC
I feel like shit because the average is like 9/15 and everyone got 10+/15 :cry: idk why im so shit at english though
And what was it that you did wrong? Was it an essay? Structure problem?

Probably came unprepared to the exam lol.

saysesame

HSC
Hey guys can someone please help me with this? :) I don't think it's worthy of a new thread so I'm asking here.

Basically there's a dot point in the chem syllabus which goes "Identify light, heat and electricity as the common forms of energy that may be released or absorbed during the decomposition or synthesis of substances and identify examples of these changes occurring in everyday life."

So say if you were the one writing notes, would you just write down,
"Light, heat and electricity as the common forms of energy that may be released or absorbed during the decomposition or synthesis of substances", then list down the examples?

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
I don't really see the needs to write notes on that point (or any other point disregarding the history of the science). It's just basically stating that the most common forms of energy absorbed/released during reactions are light, heat and electricity. But if you insist, then yeah the only thing to write for that point is the statement followed by 'everyday examples.'

Last edited:

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Hey guys can someone please help me with this? :) I don't think it's worthy of a new thread so I'm asking here.

Basically there's a dot point in the chem syllabus which goes "Identify light, heat and electricity as the common forms of energy that may be released or absorbed during the decomposition or synthesis of substances and identify examples of these changes occurring in everyday life."

So say if you were the one writing notes, would you just write down,
"Light, heat and electricity as the common forms of energy that may be released or absorbed during the decomposition or synthesis of substances", then list down the examples?

Yeah I guess
e.g silver chloride decomp by UV light
electrolysis of water
carbonate heat decomp
burning hydrogen and oxygen gas
etc.
Maybe something like: Chemical reactions can either release or absorb energy, often in the form of light, heat and electricity. After this, list out examples?

Last edited:

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Anyone know how to solve this inequality algebraically?
1/(x-1)(x-3) <= -1

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Mutliply both sides by [ (x-1)(x-3)]^2 isn't it?
Alternatively I think you ~could~ move the -1 to the LHS and add it to the fraction? then get rid of the denominator?
do the first one

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Oh ok :). Kira, you're a Naruto fan right? What do you think Sasuke will do after Hashirama finishes his tale? (PS: are you also a Death Note fan?:p)
perhaps this would be more appropriate in poon thread? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)