General Thoughts: Information Processes and Technology (1 Viewer)

Simile

HSC
N/A
i actually didnt understand what they meant by mirroring in this context... was it mirroring as in RAID or in some other weird TPS way, but rollback is half a tiny little syllabus dot point that for some reason my school really pushed. Like we did it for 3 lessons, and its more of a 10 minute sort of explaination.

Its bascally how if a compoent in the transaction doesnt work, then the whole transaction has to be aborted and returned to the last stable state. its to do with the 'atomnicity' of a system.
Never learnt it at school,and I do not think it is my Textbook. Btw,what did you put for the importance of data integrity.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Never learnt it at school,and I do not think it is my Textbook. Btw,what did you put for the importance of data integrity.
so i always start that with describing data integrity as data acuraccy with it being up to date, validated, verified, actually correct, and reliable. (1 mark worth)Then i said that if it doesnt have integrity, then this means that stuff will happen e.g (this is my go to example) that if someone moves house then they will not recieve any bills from bill generation, which is a batch process (want to put in some sort of processing in there to connect it to TPS). (2 marks worth)

i think it would be
1 mark = definition
1 mark = an issue
1 mark = an example

olimoli123

HSC
Isnt data integrity in TPS associated with the ACID acronym?
A - Atomicity
C - Consistency
I - Isolation
D - Durability

Simile

HSC
N/A
I did a bit of kitty rules did and I listed Acid, but I didn't define it other than Atomicity- probably get a 1 or 2/3

olimoli123

HSC
What did you guys do for the two mark bias question? i bsed it so hard haha

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
What did you guys do for the two mark bias question? i bsed it so hard haha
yeah i only really studied for one example, so yeah me too. bs all the way.

1 - data collection bias in not asking enough people e.g if you ask people which is better? coles or woolies? then if you stand outstide coles the whole time then it will be an obvious bias

2 - bias in collection forms for TPS (just had to throw that in somewhere), like drop down menu that doesnt accomodate for everyone e.g pick from a list of countries, and then your country isn't on there, there is bias in assuming people from that country won't do the form....

AHAHAHAHAHA....... that second one such BS!!!!! :rolleyes:

tco97

HSC
Q19. The parity bit is added to make the total number of ones either odd or even. If you look at the transmitted byte, there are 5 ones in total. Therefore, odd parity is being used. Then it is just a matter of counting the number of ones in all the options. C is the only one with an even number of ones and so would be detected as corrupted.
Ahhh thanks so much for your reply, Nukeboy.
This makes perfect sense.
:)

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
yeah can anyone post the multiple choice up ?
like the questions or answers.. because some one had answers on an earlier page, but if its questions ill put them up in a mo, just gotta type them out

antounbros

HSC
Quesitons please.

Im just curoius what i got lol.

And type them, thatll take forever haha ?

Just a photo would save you heaps of time lol

like the questions or answers.. because some one had answers on an earlier page, but if its questions ill put them up in a mo, just gotta type them out

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Quesitons please.

Im just curoius what i got lol.

And type them, thatll take forever haha ?

Just a photo would save you heaps of time lol
^ exactly why i wanted to know before hand. Can't take a decent photo right now, but tomorrow morning ill be sure to do it! just wait a bit :)

AlwinKaiEn

HSC
No social issues and only one 3 marks questions for ethical issues =.=
Totally bsed the last question

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I'll put up a scan tomorrow if there is nothing when i wake up. Spent most of the afternoon studying and never got around to it

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
No social issues and only one 3 marks questions for ethical issues =.=
Totally bsed the last question
lol thats why i actually liked this test better than others. i hate social/ethical issues and got so stuck for that 3 mark question - i just hadda pull it outta ma ass.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
If you found yourself frantically bullshitting in social and ethical you where doing something right
hahahaha i guess so :p

also with that modem question apparently its a switch, because the router is seperate to this network, it connects to other routers in the internet, so the thing to direct packets in this network would be a switch... the modem is apparently (?) built into the router in the case and is ALWAYS put direcly between the network and the internet to convert digital signal to analog for transmission....egh

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
How hard was this test in comparison with last year's?
well last years was REALLY easy, like incredibly easy. Asked you to draw a gantt chat for 4 marks or something, so i was pretty terrified that this would be a really hard test to overcompensate. But actually it was a little bit harder, with more bs-ing involved, but thats ok sometimes lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)