Where do you want to TRAVEL in the WORLD and WHY? (1 Viewer)

Smooth Operator

HSC
- Japan.
- China.
- DPRK.
- Back to Vietnam, because I had such a great experience, the country is beautiful and the people and food are great.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
berlin
france (all over)
City of God
Antarctica
Greece
Rome

For adventure & culture

ameher

HSC
berlin
france (all over)
City of God
Antarctica
Greece
Rome

For adventure & culture
Having recently been to a few of those places, they were amazing rich with culture and great for sight seeing.

i guess whats left on the bucket list is South America.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Bolivia - the place between heaven and earth. It's a calm place, and I feel as though I'm in another world!

anguyenh

HSC
Greece/Italy

To go to all the places famous battles were

and to see Rome, Sparta, Pompeii, Herculaneum

My fascination for these places began when I was a little asian kid flipping through Greek mythology books and books about the eruption of Vesuvius. In primary we sometimes had really short history lessons, and generally everyone in my class was really bored (unless we were learning about something "cool" like mummies). But... I don't know, the whole concept of volcanos erupting and burying a whole town for two thousand years seemed really cool to me. Also, there's so much to learn about Greek mythology, and (to me) it was just so much more fascinating than the religions people followed today: Christianity, Buddhism, etc.

+ so much admiration for past figures e.g. Alexander the Great, Cleopatra, historians: Plutarch

(so much learning to do)

peri24

HSC
lol at the ppl mentioning usa and other european countries when they aren't even white. unless business related things just dont!!!!

madharris

HSC
N/A
South Africa... but you know, ebola and stuff

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

madharris

HSC
N/A
There's no ebola in South Africa yet, totally the wrong part of the continent.
Yeah I know, but it's it's sure to spread... I dunno I think I'm making excuses because I want to save instead

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Greece/Italy

To go to all the places famous battles were

and to see Rome, Sparta, Pompeii, Herculaneum

My fascination for these places began when I was a little asian kid flipping through Greek mythology books and books about the eruption of Vesuvius. In primary we sometimes had really short history lessons, and generally everyone in my class was really bored (unless we were learning about something "cool" like mummies). But... I don't know, the whole concept of volcanos erupting and burying a whole town for two thousand years seemed really cool to me. Also, there's so much to learn about Greek mythology, and (to me) it was just so much more fascinating than the religions people followed today: Christianity, Buddhism, etc.

+ so much admiration for past figures e.g. Alexander the Great, Cleopatra, historians: Plutarch

(so much learning to do)

Oh that sounds really fun :)

anguyenh

HSC
Oh that sounds really fun :)
Thanks haha :D

I scrolled thru to see your post

Russia, Poland,Germany, Italy

Want to visit historical sites/architecture
Hi-5 for reasons for travelling :)

Also, does anyone here have any advice on countries to visit for their amazing environment

e.g. landscape in Scandinavian countries look divine (not fussed about culture, no interest in party scene)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks haha :D

I scrolled thru to see your post

Hi-5 for reasons for travelling :)

Also, does anyone here have any advice on countries to visit for their amazing environment

e.g. landscape in Scandinavian countries look divine (not fussed about culture, no interest in party scene)
Finlands Fjords look amazing...

Myans

HSC
Europe: Iceland, Norway, Bosnia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Turkey
Africa: Morocco, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia
Asia: Vietnam, Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan
N. America: America (Yosemite, Yellowstone, Zion national parks, Alaska)
S. America: Peru, Chile, Bolivia

HSC
I am absolutely dying to go back to Japan!! I haven't visited Tokyo but I have been to Nagasaki, Osaka and Kyoto, and that was just the best time of my life. Definitely need to check out Harajuku ^^ When I visited the people were the loveliest, most polite and quiet people I've ever met. The food is just amazing, like eating at a real ramen bar (like the ones in Naruto). I also want to go to New York, and then over to Europe where I can check out Paris, Germany and Austria, (and a whole heap of other places but those are the most recommended by friends who have been before, oh, and Greece!) before heading to South Korea to just jam along to some K-Pop and experience the funky local food over there.

However, number 1 is Japan. I love the people, the food, the culture and just need to go back to experience it more. I'd love to live there and go to the festivals, head to a Shinto shrine, get in touch with the local customs and read lots of manga and do a cosplay thing sometime.

America's pretty cool too!! Fashion over there is great quality at a decent price and the people with their funky accents (although it was my turn to be the odd one with the weird accent,) and ahh it's just a pretty damn awesome place :)

dirty_ink

HSC
I'd love to travel around Europe, but the U.S. has got The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. So torn.

ibrit

HSC
I'm so keen to travel around the world - pretty much my life goal. I dont care where i end up i just want to say ive been everywhere.
At the moment im eager to go to spain, ive been teaching myself spanish and its so easy to love :hug2: but after that, my list would be mexico, greece, italy, Hawaii, USA, and Japan :)
I dont even have an exact reason to go to these countries, im just in love with travelling.
Im going to new zealand this year so thats one country i can tick off!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)