HSC Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Do u have 2 related texts for mod c? because i dont.

Will use my related for discovery- worst case scenario :uhoh:
I've got 2, only got my 2nd one in the past few days. What prescribed text are you doing for mod c?

Does anyone want to show us their favourite meme about the paper?
This one's my favourite so far: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hsc.discussion.group.2018/permalink/2200957543495036/
Gotta be honest, I think the most disappointing part of this paper is the lack of decent meme material :(

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

HoldingOn

HSC
For TMD, I wrote that discoveries aren't new because there has always been poverty on the Latin American landscape due to Guevara's historical context (WWII - worldwide food shortages, inflation, they depended on the US a lot, and this was all evident in South Africa) (Most of my prepared essay was about Guevara discovering poverty/oppression and its impacts etc anyway) Like it may be new for him, but it's actually not because it has always been there and I talked about the people and how they were already aware
Yeah I also wrote about how he rediscovers when he writes in the letters to his mother and father- I think this qualifies because it’s a rediscovery. But for majority of text no rediscovery

parallaxd12

HSC
For TMD, I wrote that discoveries aren't new because there has always been poverty on the Latin American landscape due to Guevara's historical context (WWII - worldwide food shortages, inflation, they depended on the US a lot, and this was all evident in South Africa) (Most of my prepared essay was about Guevara discovering poverty/oppression and its impacts etc anyway) Like it may be new for him, but it's actually not because it has always been there and I talked about the people and how they were already aware

Yea I talked about this too

sickb

HSC
for my essay i played devils advocate so i was like though individuals are able to make discoveries which are not new true discoveries are discoveries that are new, it was something along those line

nedkelly

HSC
I found section one pretty hard, so I found doing it backward, 5 4 3 3 helped a lot so I can relax a bit more on the poem, Section 2 and 3 were alright, relative to the short answers

sourish

HSC
For MCD I argued against the question, saying that discoveries were experienced for the first time. Then I wrote about how he witnesses poverty of the proletariat for the first time. Then I give a tiny bit context: as a middle-class South American his family background shielded him from this hardship. I also that he realises his Marxist ideologies for the first time.

Iced Volvo

HSC
Section 1: everything was ok except last q i nearly ran out of time :(
Section 2: had 30mins to write this and idk if i incorporated the 2 perspectives well enough and i didn't incorporate enough descriptive imagery :(
Section 3: Best one for me so far, as I did Life of Pi and most of my paragraphs answered the q didn't need to adapt much which i liked :)

Danneo

HSC
HOLY!! I was having a internal metltdown because i forgot to add the quote, how bad of an offence is this? Will i get a zero for my creative? Is this the end cause im so dead inside rn

PikyoK

HSC
You won't get a zero but I think the markers will give you a low mark maybe 5-7 out of 15.

emily_02

HSC
this was so much worse than the catholic trials paper 1 *-* feeling a bit devastated. The short answer texts they gave us was incredibly long and the essay question was just absolute bs. I also noticed a lot of people forgot the quote in the creative :( man what a bad start to the hsc week

PikyoK

HSC
this was so much worse than the catholic trials paper 1 *-* feeling a bit devastated. The short answer texts they gave us was incredibly long and the essay question was just absolute bs. I also noticed a lot of people forgot the quote in the creative :( man what a bad start to the hsc week
Yeah. Hopefully tommorow's paper will be good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)