2024 HSC Chat (2 Viewers)

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Just wondering, if you plan your answer in Trials / HSC by annotating the question, do the markers mark that? Can they mark you down if you’ve interpreted it incorrectly in your annotations?
idk but my bio teacher always told us to annotate our graphs coz ppl have gotten marks from just annotating graphs, idk about actual questions

natsnapshoot

HSC
idk but my bio teacher always told us to annotate our graphs coz ppl have gotten marks from just annotating graphs, idk about actual questions
I second this. My bio teacher is a HSC marker and she says that they mark whatever is on the page (eg like a punnet square on side, observations). Not sure if it the same for English - but they definitely won't take away marks for any wrongly annotated observations - so long as these are corrected in your response/not included.

Susu123

HSC
Don't markers only award marks, they don't take away marks? my interpretation was that you were awarded marks for things you got right but not taken for what you got wrong.
yes, but you need to be sure not to contradict urself in ur reasoning for like science subjects such they can invalidate ur whole answer (according to my physics teacher)

jennyyy

HSC
Normal distribution = Follows the 95-68-99 rule

The numbers represents the proportion of the population that fits under the standard deviations. For example, If you start to check on the most average of the population, and you see that 68% of the whole population fits around that category, and then you check on a broader category, and found out that 95% of the population fits that category, and then 99.7% fits the even broader category, this is a typical example of a normal distribution. Here's a pretty good example of it. View attachment 43407

Sample proportion = The proportion of the sample that successes, or meets certain conditions.

For example, you have a sample population of 50 people. You want to test how many of them have diabetes. Your test results indicates that 10 of them have diabetes. The sample proportion will be 10/50=0.2
Thank you so much you are a beautiful person

Gods_Spear

HSC
How is everyone picking their future uni degrees/life plans/career options, im hella stressing and feeling like im throwing a dart blindly and picking wherever it lands. I have zero passions/interests that will make me money. I've got some sensible ideas but I'm not super interested in them, I'm not uninterested I just don't know if I want to spend the rest of my life doing it 😭. I'm so stuck and the deadline is getting closer, how are you guys doing it?

spiderfan44

HSC
How is everyone picking their future uni degrees/life plans/career options, im hella stressing and feeling like im throwing a dart blindly and picking wherever it lands. I have zero passions/interests that will make me money. I've got some sensible ideas but I'm not super interested in them, I'm not uninterested I just don't know if I want to spend the rest of my life doing it 😭. I'm so stuck and the deadline is getting closer, how are you guys doing it?
ive always had an interest in environmental science, i ended up kinda narrowing my choices down based on if i thought i could be passionate about the subject for life, if it would fit me well and if i would burn out, and if it would pay well.

some people just dont know what theyre going to do. i think it may be better for you to do a gap year and try do a couple of apprenticeships related to the careers youre interested in eg; for environmental science you may want to volunteer with forest replanting

Chiprr

Somewhat Active Member
HSC
relatable honestly, had that crisis a couple days ago and still figuring it out. Plans have definitely changed and I think I have a better plan going forward. You'll figure it out, I believe

vajayjay

HSC
I am torn between a few degrees. I have no clue what to choose.

K2Trappy

HSC
I searched up highest paying jobs in Australia (excluding med cause I prefer sanity)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)