Thoughts on iPads for school? (3 Viewers)

spiderfan44

HSC
guys i have this exact question but about touchscreen laptops with a stylus - i dont have an apple anything and ipads are out of my family's budget rn so i dont feel like ipads are the right choice for me but i love the idea of using a stylus??? any suggestions
i have a laptop which used to have a touchscreen, keep in mind that if it gets cracked you may no longer be able to use the touchscreen. i cracked my laptop and it started 'ghost touching' so i had to disable the touchscreen. honestly i dont think writing with a stylus is that helpful at all for remembering stuff, writing on paper is better for memory and it helps with exmams

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
update: i’ve gotten the ipad 10 + apple pencil usbc!!! i’ve had it for a few days now, and im very happy with my purchase. definitely excited to use it for maths and other subjects to jot down ideas and stuff. i don’t notice any negatives with the non laminated screen and apple pencil tbh!! and i also am using a tempered glass screen protector and once again - no negatives! i like doing silly drawings on here and i don’t notice any slipping that i heard about in other reviews (but i suppose it would be better to get something else for serious drawings). i love being able to have a functioning ipad (coming from using an ipad 6 which was slowly dying, then quickly dying). thanks for everyone’s advice!

Chiprr

Somewhat Active Member
HSC
update: i’ve gotten the ipad 10 + apple pencil usbc!!! i’ve had it for a few days now, and im very happy with my purchase. definitely excited to use it for maths and other subjects to jot down ideas and stuff. i don’t notice any negatives with the non laminated screen and apple pencil tbh!! and i also am using a tempered glass screen protector and once again - no negatives! i like doing silly drawings on here and i don’t notice any slipping that i heard about in other reviews (but i suppose it would be better to get something else for serious drawings). i love being able to have a functioning ipad (coming from using an ipad 6 which was slowly dying, then quickly dying). thanks for everyone’s advice!
I noticed the slipping most whenever you try to draw something for a graph, especially a sin or cos curve. Any parabola is significantly harder to draw (when I was just writing on the screen) and then I got a paperlike screen protector and its a lot easier but definitely not as controllable as pen on paper, I love writing on it though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)