Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (1 Viewer)

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
Does anyone know if my school can stop me from changing biology classes/lines in term 4 if my dropped subject happens to be on the same line as the bio class I want to switch (the other bio teacher actually EXPLAINS and does explicit teaching whilst my current teacher just gives us presentations and leaves us to self pace our work 😭). So other than the class being full (I’m pretty sure there are extra spaces), can my request be denied? I really hope I can because I know that year 12 content is way more intricate and requires more than just rote memorisation 🥹. Any advice?

Help a girl out 🎀🥲.
idrk but even if it is denied, by year 12 surely some people would have dropped, leaving a space for you? it would be best to let them know you’d fill that space as soon as it opens to save your spot.

melanie_o

HSC
idrk but even if it is denied, by year 12 surely some people would have dropped, leaving a space for you? it would be best to let them know you’d fill that space as soon as it opens to save your spot.
Because I actually cannot do another year with this bio teacher. Istg I will just drop bio if I can’t switch and then pick up ext 2 maths to make up the required units 😭.

foxisaro

HSC
Has anyone thought about how NSW y12 gives us a unique opportunity to experience what it would be like to be at an American/UK/Northern hemisphere school, since we essentially start the next school year in like 4 months so around the same time + 1 month later on par with the beginning of US school years. Also WDYM we will be in y12 in like 4 months. I’m just a 12 yo girl in y7 2020 doing online school and playing the old map of bloxburg without any free users but I’ll be an adult in 1 1/2 years like omg I’m cooked. 😭. Does anybody match my freak like why is the square root of -1 = i, 4U maths is going to destroy me whilst I start a year of gaslighting myself into thinking I’m still an academic weapon starting in October. Istg ATAR/HSC results day is going to be so anticlimactic even though most nights I have nightmares about not getting 90+ ATAR because I have developed NO personality within the span of high school (thank you so much Covid 🥵🥹) and now my self worth is defined by my grades because there is nothing in my brain except that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

For all my 2025 besties let’s all cook whilst simultaneously be cooked because the world did not end when Bloxburg became free and the new map is coming out. 😭😭😭😭🥹🤭🤫🎀.

P.s. Coquette spiders are the new black 🎀🕷🎀.

P.s. I’ve just reread what I just wrote and oml someone needs to take me to a psych ward because I SWEAR I did not just write that. Someone must’ve HACKED my account because I don’t think I’ve ever put in more effort into anything. If only I could harness this aura into actually making my English teacher proud 🥲.

Flop, out. (insert mic 🎤 drop)
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🙄🙄.
why are you so real omg 😭😭😭🫶🫶🫶

banigul@30

HSC
Has anyone thought about how NSW y12 gives us a unique opportunity to experience what it would be like to be at an American/UK/Northern hemisphere school, since we essentially start the next school year in like 4 months so around the same time + 1 month later on par with the beginning of US school years. Also WDYM we will be in y12 in like 4 months. I’m just a 12 yo girl in y7 2020 doing online school and playing the old map of bloxburg without any free users but I’ll be an adult in 1 1/2 years like omg I’m cooked. 😭. Does anybody match my freak like why is the square root of -1 = i, 4U maths is going to destroy me whilst I start a year of gaslighting myself into thinking I’m still an academic weapon starting in October. Istg ATAR/HSC results day is going to be so anticlimactic even though most nights I have nightmares about not getting 90+ ATAR because I have developed NO personality within the span of high school (thank you so much Covid 🥵🥹) and now my self worth is defined by my grades because there is nothing in my brain except that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

For all my 2025 besties let’s all cook whilst simultaneously be cooked because the world did not end when Bloxburg became free and the new map is coming out. 😭😭😭😭🥹🤭🤫🎀.

P.s. Coquette spiders are the new black 🎀🕷🎀.

P.s. I’ve just reread what I just wrote and oml someone needs to take me to a psych ward because I SWEAR I did not just write that. Someone must’ve HACKED my account because I don’t think I’ve ever put in more effort into anything. If only I could harness this aura into actually making my English teacher proud 🥲.

Flop, out. (insert mic 🎤 drop)
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🙄🙄.
love this so muchh 😍

AWC9274815

HSC
hey guys,u probably havent seen me around here but i just thought i would just vent for a bit:)

let me start with my first chem test of year 11 - i didn't do as well as i would have hoped for (lots of silly errors 😬 ]. at parent teacher interviews i asked my teacher whether i was capable of getting a band 6 in year 12 and she said yes and i had the potential although it would take a lot of hard work. it gave me great hope and i placed so much effort into my depth study, knowing that i would do great (or so i thought..).

i recently received my depth study report (task 2) marks and i never expected to be this disappointed. after putting hours and hours of effort into something i thought i would do really well in, i ended up doing extremely bad and i was almost at the brink of failing. the marks were actually released days before and i basically refused to know what they were until i had the courage to see them today and i absolutely regretted it and i wish i hadn't seen them at all. compared to chem at this point im doing much better in 3u and phy although im not doing as well i expected in those subjects too. i know u guys are gonna come at me and say im overreacting and the fact that y11 doesnt matter and whatnot but just hear me out pls

my parents spend so much on school and tutoring - its actually insane. they have great hope and trust in me to succeed and get that atar they want me to get and i feel lucky and blessed to have them provide me a good education. however further and further into 2024 i realise im actually not doing as well in certain subjects like chemistry as i have hoped for and i cant be able to express in words of how awful i feel of the fact that im letting my parents down so much. i fear that if im already failing it in year 11, i know i would do even worse in year 12 if i don't actually improve and put in an unbelievable amount of hard work and effort which i honestly dont see myself doing anytime soon cause chemistry is such a hard subject no matter how much of it i understand it or not. im really scared for the future and i cant help but guarantee i'll be extremely disappointed at the end of year 12. i feel terrible and extremely incapable at this point and i dont know what to do anymore honestly😭😭

spiderfan44

HSC
hey guys,u probably havent seen me around here but i just thought i would just vent for a bit:)

let me start with my first chem test of year 11 - i didn't do as well as i would have hoped for (lots of silly errors 😬 ]. at parent teacher interviews i asked my teacher whether i was capable of getting a band 6 in year 12 and she said yes and i had the potential although it would take a lot of hard work. it gave me great hope and i placed so much effort into my depth study, knowing that i would do great (or so i thought..).

i recently received my depth study report (task 2) marks and i never expected to be this disappointed. after putting hours and hours of effort into something i thought i would do really well in, i ended up doing extremely bad and i was almost at the brink of failing. the marks were actually released days before and i basically refused to know what they were until i had the courage to see them today and i absolutely regretted it and i wish i hadn't seen them at all. compared to chem at this point im doing much better in 3u and phy although im not doing as well i expected in those subjects too. i know u guys are gonna come at me and say im overreacting and the fact that y11 doesnt matter and whatnot but just hear me out pls

my parents spend so much on school and tutoring - its actually insane. they have great hope and trust in me to succeed and get that atar they want me to get and i feel lucky and blessed to have them provide me a good education. however further and further into 2024 i realise im actually not doing as well in certain subjects like chemistry as i have hoped for and i cant be able to express in words of how awful i feel of the fact that im letting my parents down so much. i fear that if im already failing it in year 11, i know i would do even worse in year 12 if i don't actually improve and put in an unbelievable amount of hard work and effort which i honestly dont see myself doing anytime soon cause chemistry is such a hard subject no matter how much of it i understand it or not. im really scared for the future and i cant help but guarantee i'll be extremely disappointed at the end of year 12. i feel terrible and extremely incapable at this point and i dont know what to do anymore honestly😭😭
its pretty uncommon for people to get drastically worse marks in yr 12 then they got in yr11 if theyre actually putting in effort.

for the chem thing, it feels quite bad to do but get your assessment marks and look thoroughly through the marking criteria and examine where you lost marks. take note of where you lost marks (keeping a document for tracking this is a good idea) so you can try identify what you fell short in, and how you can improve in the future. if you arent sure what u got wrong, talk to ur teacher and ask how u could improve.

also examine if you are applying yourself consistently where you study and also do assessments all throughout the time you have or in more of bursts where you procrastinate and then do work towards the end of assessment.

spiderfan44

HSC
its pretty uncommon for people to get drastically worse marks in yr 12 then they got in yr11 if theyre actually putting in effort.

for the chem thing, it feels quite bad to do but get your assessment marks and look thoroughly through the marking criteria and examine where you lost marks. take note of where you lost marks (keeping a document for tracking this is a good idea) so you can try identify what you fell short in, and how you can improve in the future. if you arent sure what u got wrong, talk to ur teacher and ask how u could improve.

also examine if you are applying yourself consistently where you study and also do assessments all throughout the time you have or in more of bursts where you procrastinate and then do work towards the end of assessment.
also based on the 'my parents spend a lot on school' thing im assuming you go to private. i dont know what resources private schools have bcuz im in public, but whatever resources they have, use them. if theres someone available to give extra feedback, use that. if they have textbooks in the library, borrow them and use those to write notes.

i also dont go a tutor. but get your tutor to maybe look over your chem assessment and help you identify how you need to improve in future assessments.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC

My parents literally took me to an urban city to do my hsc bc it was closer to tutoring and the school (which is priv) I was enrolled to had a decent cohort. Lots of parents go out of their way to make your life easier, but if you're gonna stress about your grades and try and for some reason predict the rest of your chemistry grades for the remains of your schooling, keep in mind that you're only making it harder for them. Use this as an opportunity to repair your gaps before it really starts counting...that literally is the reason why we have the preliminary course. Perseverence will get you far in life. Stressing about grades from a yr 11 task will just waste your time.

melanie_o

HSC

Year 11 chem lowkey sucks. Year 12 seems more interesting and puts your previous knowledge into the context of more complex concepts. If you really enjoy chemistry, your drive to succeed will be very helpful starting from term 4. As for depth studies, I would recommend for your y12 one that you keep a copy of your year 11 depth study as a reference for how to improve. Maybe even ask your teacher/tutor to have a thorough look through your depth study draft. Anyway, you've got this! Chem is hard, don't beat yourself up over prelim. Besides, year 12 will probably feel less intense due to it being more spread out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)