How Does State Ranking Work For Maths Std 2 Here? (1 Viewer)

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
So i’ve asked this before, and I was told that you’d need like min 98 to state rank for maths standard 2. except, i was looking on HSC ninja and it showed the top 20 and when i went from 100, dropping a mark every time the rank dropped, the min mark to state rank was 95? am i doing something wrong, or what’s going on here? here’s the picture:
IMG_0090.jpeg

liamkk112

HSC
So i’ve asked this before, and I was told that you’d need like min 98 to state rank for maths standard 2. except, i was looking on HSC ninja and it showed the top 20 and when i went from 100, dropping a mark every time the rank dropped, the min mark to state rank was 95? am i doing something wrong, or what’s going on here? here’s the picture:
View attachment 43622
it doesn't say their mark, pretty sure those people with 1 next to their name all got 100%, the rest from there is probably 99, 98, etc
id say to (comfortably) state rank you'd probably need 97+, beacuse it's going to depend on the year group (eg 20 people could all get 100, then all 20 people state rank and no one who got below 100 would)

katiekms

HSC
it doesn't say their mark, pretty sure those people with 1 next to their name all got 100%, the rest from there is probably 99, 98, etc
id say to (comfortably) state rank you'd probably need 97+, beacuse it's going to depend on the year group (eg 20 people could all get 100, then all 20 people state rank and no one who got below 100 would)
yeah that’s what i did which got me 95 for rank 19, which goes against everything ive heard before 😭 but yeah thats true thank you!

liamkk112

HSC
yeah that’s what i did which got me 95 for rank 19, which goes against everything ive heard before 😭 but yeah thats true thank you!
this also affects it according to nesa:

If two or more students are equal highest on the HSC marks, the Top Achiever places are determined by:
  • Taking an average of each student’s examination mark and assessment mark after alignment to performance bands, each to one decimal place, then for students remaining equal
  • Taking an average of each student’s examination mark and assessment mark before alignment to performance bands, each to two decimal places, then for students remaining equal
  • Where the subject area includes extension courses, using each student’s marks awarded in other courses in the subject area.
the last dotpoint doesn't apply to math standard; so potentially, there could be decimal place differences

katiekms

HSC
this also affects it according to nesa:

If two or more students are equal highest on the HSC marks, the Top Achiever places are determined by:
  • Taking an average of each student’s examination mark and assessment mark after alignment to performance bands, each to one decimal place, then for students remaining equal
  • Taking an average of each student’s examination mark and assessment mark before alignment to performance bands, each to two decimal places, then for students remaining equal
  • Where the subject area includes extension courses, using each student’s marks awarded in other courses in the subject area.
the last dotpoint doesn't apply to math standard; so potentially, there could be decimal place differences
omggg you’re right thank you

WeiWeiMan

HSC
View attachment 43622
ODIN HAYES THE GOAT

WeiWeiMan

HSC
i'm prettyyyy sure that isn't the case
idk if it's true but i'm fairly sure quality of responses is included in the rankings since I highly doubt sr1 for math advanced was the only person who got 100 raw and was rank 1 internal
Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 1.41.44 PM.png

liamkk112

HSC
idk if it's true but i'm fairly sure quality of responses is included in the rankings since I highly doubt sr1 for math advanced was the only person who got 100 raw and was rank 1 internal
View attachment 43623
might be the case but nesa doesn't say thats officially included

d.goomeister

HSC
View attachment 43623
yeah i believe so too they compare who gave more working or smth or like explained smth better and whoever did that will get the rank

d.goomeister

HSC
bruh that’s so annoyingggggg. so basically we have to give as much working and explanations as possible?
yeah i mean in a perfect world you would give all working and explanations anyway but it eats too much time writing every step down. if you are looking for the state rank then yea it would be best to write as much as you can without eating too much time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)