0-100 Km/H Dash - Times (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Is SI that good? I heard that it's even more overrated than V-tec.... i guess it'll be interesting to see how much impact SI has on the new W(ugh)X.

wce06

HSC
seremify007 said:
Is SI that good? I heard that it's even more overrated than V-tec.... i guess it'll be interesting to see how much impact SI has on the new W(ugh)X.

With an auto SI makes a huge difference simply in terms of downshifts upon accelerator depression, but even driving in manual mode there is definetely a difference in engine response. driving in 'intelligent' as opposed to 'sport sharp' cuts about 17% of peak torque IIRC.

Going along in Drive at 80 in 'Intelligent' and flooring it feels like you're driving a 4-cylinder, but in sport or (particularly sport sharp) it hammers along.

CieL

HSC
synthesized said:
ha. coming from someone who claims their honda accord can accelerate from 0 to 100 in 7 - 8 seconds :rofl:
Ha. Coming from someone who doesn't even contribute to the thread and just wastes space.

So, what's your 0-100 time? If you even drive that is. Maybe you can give a more realistic figure.

synthesized

HSC
N/A
Fine.

2003 Holden Astra Turbo
0 - 100km/h: ~10.5 seconds

at least i don't make shit up to make up for what i don't have.

mat2154

HSC
FromDeeEast said:
Car: Nissan Silvia S13 sr20de
0-100: 5.6secs
Mods: pod filter, CAI, extractors, up'ed ignition timing, 2.5' catback
this seems pretty impossible, considering that a stock silvia will probably only be about 100kw at the flywheel, even with catback, cold air and podfilter (+20kw max) i seriously doubt if it could even break 7, a stock turbocharged s13 can only manage a 7.

Jiga

^

Lol yeah and I think your estimates are generous!:

POD FIlter - 0kw Gain (They have been proven to be prity useless, minor gains in huge engines which suck more air in as a result amplifying gains. What they do achieve is less filtration = dirtier oil)
Cold Air Intake - 2kw Gain (Again CAI have been proven to be prity useless, they sound better but gains wise very minimal, more so if its a poorly designed CAI)
Catback - 4kw Gain (It depends on how restricitive the stock system is)
Ignition Timing - 5-10kw Gain (Assuming you mean a piggyback ECU... gains from exhausts mods for example are very minimal unless you get the car tuned with those mods, taking advantage of them, by themselves the ECU wont adapt much especially in older cars)

So your talking about a 10-15kw gain at the FLYWHEEL..... to put it in perspective, around 5kw gain cannot be felt by you when driving, weight reduction such as getting rid of the spare tyre etc would yield better results! And yeah no way are you getting it into 5.6seconds, everyone exaggerates but that is plain ridiculous.

2003 Holden Astra Turbo
0 - 100km/h: ~10.5 seconds

at least i don't make shit up to make up for what i don't have.
A. An Accord Euro would do the 100 in 8s, 7s highly unlikely but mid 8s.

B. Your having a go at people for slightly exgaggerating their cars acceleration, yet you completely get your cars acceleration WRONG... either your retarded or your car has some major issues if its that slow. Astra Turbo has 150kw and mid 200sNM of torque.... 100 in mid to high 7s.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
lol i can get my speedo to tick 100 in about 7 seconds, but i am absolutely positive im still only doing about 90. How big shoulc i expect the error to be, keeping in mind my car is COMPLETELY stock, save an air freshener.

FromDeeEast

HSC
mat2154 said:
this seems pretty impossible, considering that a stock silvia will probably only be about 100kw at the flywheel, even with catback, cold air and podfilter (+20kw max) i seriously doubt if it could even break 7, a stock turbocharged s13 can only manage a 7.
nop i got a gteck thing that calculates 0 - 100 times 100m 400m etc cost me $80 off ebay

i have 107rwkw with a dynosheet to prove it lol
extractors + exhaust make a huge difference, a pod tbh only works on certain cars with my 6 sec 0 - 100 i did launch at 5k with no wheel spin and my car weights a bare 1000kgs :)

yes the time might be off but only by .5 of a sec max

i beat na supra's so look what they do 0 - 100

Jiga

Yeah very hard to believe, in power to weight ratio terms (considering your power CLAIMS and weight) your car is waaaaaay off being able to do the 100 that quick... let alone the fact that those mods dont add that much, especially without a tune.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
"HAI GUYZ CHECK MY MAD POD FILTA IT MAKES MY ACCELERATION LIEK VTAK"

Don't pod filters restrict airflow, meaning less petrol goes in and a weaker explosion? Or am I completely wrong. =/

Either way I quote riet and say you're full of it.

Jiga

I dont think POD restrict air flow.... but:

1. In modern vehicles the intakes are already designed very well, for example the intake on the Aurion sucks down the most air of any 3.5L V6 in the world (It has a snorkel from the airbox straight to the bonnet)
2. The gains on smaller engines is so very minor you wouldnt feel it, they say <5kw cannot be felt at all by humans. A POD may be useful on large engines as they are sucking down more air, so those gains are amplified

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
My friend just installed a pod on his 300zx, it runs much better. Mostly because that has a really restrictive airbox though. If you removed the airbox, the stock intake would probably be just as good (except you can't do that because they're built into each other). So yeh, my point is the gains are much more to do with how good the stock airbox is, rather than the pod-filter itself.

Jiga

Its subjective though, 'runs better'.... alot of people think their cars are running better when they make changes! The problem also with a POD is that they are meant to be better flowing, this occurs via LESS FILTRATION. SO the gains aernt great in most cases while your filter doesnt do its job as well!

nonsense

HSC
CAR: 1998 VT commodore
0-100: around 6-7sec (quarter tank fuel)
MODS: Larger throttle body, pacemaker extractors, 2.5" cat back, hi-flow cat, SS CAI, 1.9:1 rockers, NGK iridium IX plugs, K&N high flow filter, produced around 170kw at the fly

Too bad i took that girl through about 7 trees and down a bank about 6 meters that was so steep we nearly had to get a crane to get her out. she was a write off.. now ive got a 1994 mazda 626 that im fixing up. hopefully gunna be putting a KL-ZE engine in it to get a bit more power as i need a new engine anyways. with that engine stock should be running around 0-100 in mid 8s considering weight of car, then i will start putting money into it. i miss the commodore :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)