2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
mat2154 said:
it was a crappy game, hayne couldn't ref and he didn't call up any penalties in the first half. The second half was full of markers standing next to the dummy half (buderus) and there were so many flops on the tackled player making a slow boring game of footy. Kurt gidley (if fit) to play 5/8, anasta tries hard but is not good enough for this level. Lyon should also be dropped, all he did was run sideways, i would move king back into centre (his club position) and put merritt on the wing (which the selectors definetly won't do)
It was good that he wasn't calling penalties at first but then they started doing things that deserved penalties and he still wasn't calling them.

I'm sick of them playing people out of position. QLD were able to score that first try because king came in off his wing... he is a center, not a winger... what did the selectors think was going to happen.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
im not sure if it was entirely king's fault that inglis scored that first try. i remember that two people went to tackle smith and just as the third person came in he squeezed the ball out to inglis. was that person king or stewart? the marking on that side of the field was better than game one because kimmorley took care of himself and lyon didnt go so far in.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Saying NSW was by far the better side on the night would be a little too nice don't you think? They matched up fairly well but you give QLD any field position and they will tear you apart and that's where it counts - Getting the points on the scoreboard at the right end of the field. Who cares if you can make more metres and who cares if you can tackle more, if you can create an opportunity and go the full length and put points on the board, that's all that matters and NSW didn't do that.

Of course there's that problem with the forward pass, agree that it was damn well forward but everything is part and parcel so accept it, NSW got their fair share of penalties and luck as well but it was QLD that made it count. That's where class comes in. The players played fine for NSW, the coach needs to be sacked. Who plays Mason at prop when he's the most devastating fringe runner in the game? Who gives their 80-minute players only 50 - 60 minutes game time? Who can't come up with a proper game plan that fits the situation (They were targetting QLD key players in attack if you didn't notice ie. Lockyer and Smith)? Sack Murray and you will see a world of good come to NSW.

'Cause at the moment, all the Blues just got Mar-owned.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I'm sick of them playing people out of position.
Like Anasta; he's a Lock ffs!
Brett Stewart went well.
Kimmorley was great.
Argh @ that forward pass.

It was worse to watch than a Roosters game. :eek:

AND I'm upset about Minichiello + Anasta being out injured. :( That's not going to be good for the Roosters.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Like Anasta; he's a Lock ffs!
Brett Stewart went well.
Kimmorley was great.
Argh @ that forward pass.

It was worse to watch than a Roosters game. :eek:

AND I'm upset about Minichiello + Anasta being out injured. :( That's not going to be good for the Roosters.
That's right he is a lock... I said it as soon as he was picked at 5/8 in the first origin game.

Stewart did really well returning kicks but didn't do much else. He didn't come up into the line to get the ball as much as he should of, but I don't think that was really his fault, nothing was going on in the line anyway.

I don't like how much the forward pass is being downplayed. The fact is that wrong decision decided the game but a lot of people seem to be avoiding it and making it seem like it was a great game that QLD won fairly.

HSC
Chris Flannery isn't a Roosters anymore. :eek:
He's going to Super League to play for St Helens.

He's been good for the Roosters in the past, but good luck to him.

I'm still not sure if it's a good sign or a bad sign the amount of players the Roosters are getting rid of...

HSC
lol. i found it hilarious that a couple of weeks AFTER the roosters let go of josh lewis and jamie soward they move anasta to lock. meanwhile both players have secured starting positions at their new clubs for the time being and roosters have tried someone ELSE at five eighth. also, anasta breaks a nail and he's out for a month. :rofl:

iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't like how much the forward pass is being downplayed. The fact is that wrong decision decided the game but a lot of people seem to be avoiding it and making it seem like it was a great game that QLD won fairly.
be that as it were, nsw simply didn't deserve to win anyway, given all the opportunities we had had. our only try was a soft dummy half run. we got owned. we got outplayed, we just weren't good enough and that's the bottom line.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
watatank said:
be that as it were, nsw simply didn't deserve to win anyway, given all the opportunities we had had. our only try was a soft dummy half run. we got owned. we got outplayed, we just weren't good enough and that's the bottom line.
That's irrelevant. QLD didn't score either. It would of been 6-6 if not for that forward pass.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
technically Simpson didnt play the ball correctly, so that shouldve been called up and therefore not a try either

and lets not forget the forward pass to Hindmarsh and the disallowed try to Price in game 1. QLD still managed to win that game.

all the ball NSW had and the penalities they were getting (still dont know how that headhigh on Lockyer wasnt pulled up), NSW should have easily scored at least another try, but they couldnt. their attack was ordinary at best and QLD's defence was too good. thats what cost you the game

ps: am i the only won you loves seeing Buderus get smashed?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
fornstar said:
technically Simpson didnt play the ball correctly, so that shouldve been called up and therefore not a try either

and lets not forget the forward pass to Hindmarsh and the disallowed try to Price in game 1. QLD still managed to win that game.

all the ball NSW had and the penalities they were getting (still dont know how that headhigh on Lockyer wasnt pulled up), NSW should have easily scored at least another try, but they couldnt. their attack was ordinary at best and QLD's defence was too good. thats what cost you the game

ps: am i the only won you loves seeing Buderus get smashed?
mate, firstly get your facts right. it wasn't a forward pass to hindmarsh in game 1, but he has allegedly never grounded the ball.

you cannot sort of balance up what happened in game 1 to what happens in game 2. the fact is, nsw got beaten fair and square in game 1, but not in game 2. had that forward pass been called, it would have been 6 all and it was anyone's game. the fact that the ref didn't see it costed nsw the game.

ps. am i the only one who loves seeing thurston got nailed by mason? and buderus didn't get smashed at any point during the game?

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
wuddie said:
mate, firstly get your facts right. it wasn't a forward pass to hindmarsh in game 1, but he has allegedly never grounded the ball.

you cannot sort of balance up what happened in game 1 to what happens in game 2. the fact is, nsw got beaten fair and square in game 1, but not in game 2. had that forward pass been called, it would have been 6 all and it was anyone's game. the fact that the ref didn't see it costed nsw the game.

ps. am i the only one who loves seeing thurston got nailed by mason? and buderus didn't get smashed at any point during the game?
my argument was that things go against teams all the time, just like decisions went against QLD in game 1 and QLD still managed to win. so to bitch and whine about one decision, saying that it cost you the game, i think is a weak excuse. you guys didnt do enough when you had the ball, plain and simple. you kept running at lockyer and the only try you managed was from dummy half when we were on our line, in the 8th minute.

i can understand you're upset. its ok mate, chin up champ, there is always next yr :D

ps: Buderus got hit a few times. Most noteable being from Smith and Lillyman. If you got newspaper yesterday (telegraph i think), there was a nice big picture of it.

pps: Mason was very disappointing dont you think? Well done on hitting a halve-back. Also i think in general your forward pack was disappointing again. I didnt even notice White was playing and Bailey could only be credited for given QLD a penalty

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wuddie said:

NSW got owned in both games in attack, in defense, the backs and the forwards. Arguably this could be the worst NSW side ever.. but it probably wont cause of the class of forwards in the team - Mason, Hindmarsh, Ryan - fuck Ryan was fucken awesome in the game.

Kimmorley was too slow overall, cant blame him really there was harldy any support for him. Anasta did nothing, in the first game Mullen did jack shit.

Buderus - got picked up by Smith.. was owned all over the place.. making pointless tackles to make himself look good. Bird was pathetic., hoffman wasnt worth it. Who is to blame here? Fuck definetly the selectors and Murray.. whose tactics have been shit so far- but the Coach works with team.. and the selectors choose the team...

Bailey was pathetic - kick him out if he cant control his emotions he doesnt deserve a spot in NSW. Mason was good, but Ryan was the standout - he had so many key tacklies and good hit ups.

QLD's defense too good? Nah QLD defense was ok.. lol this was confirmed when stewart score. NSW attack was shit. I would put a big question mark for Cooper and King as well both were crap. Haynes was incredible as usual.

Bellamy to coach NSW? Gud chance. CAnt see Sheens opting for the job.

Even with forward pass - QLD won..lolz NSW is shit..Get Orford in the team and kick out Buderus for starters.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
HotShot said:
Buderus - got picked up by Smith.. was owned all over the place.. making pointless tackles to make himself look good. Bird was pathetic., hoffman wasnt worth it. Who is to blame here? Fuck definetly the selectors and Murray.. whose tactics have been shit so far- but the Coach works with team.. and the selectors choose the team...
can you explain the concept of 'pointless tackles'? how can any tackle be pointless? if it is there to be made then a tackle has to be made. you can talk about effective or ineffective tackles, but there is a point for every tackle made.

and umm, you obviously lack vocab big time, because words like 'fuck' and 'shit' and 'crap' come up all over the place in your posts. there is no need for them.

tho i tend to agree that the management and coaching sides are to blame. who on earth comes out and say 'nsw needs to be more aggressive' and brings out the axe to threaten their own players? that's the last thing they need.

everyone is blaming the players for not performing, king, cooper, bailey, bird, simpson, buderus, etc. they are all worthy of their spots. the reason they didn't play to their potential is that the selectors and coach had talked the mentality into them, they are all faced the option of playing to keep their spots.

i say bring back ricky stuart and leave that kangroo's job to someone less competent (murray, for example). that guy is dead set the best coach in the comp.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lolz. the bulldogs are playing with pink socks. it looks so gh3y.

SyCoTiC

HSC
HotShot said:
NSW got owned in both games in attack, in defense, the backs and the forwards. Arguably this could be the worst NSW side ever.. but it probably wont cause of the class of forwards in the team - Mason, Hindmarsh, Ryan - fuck Ryan was fucken awesome in the game.

Kimmorley was too slow overall, cant blame him really there was harldy any support for him. Anasta did nothing, in the first game Mullen did jack shit.

Bailey was pathetic - kick him out if he cant control his emotions he doesnt deserve a spot in NSW. Mason was good, but Ryan was the standout - he had so many key tacklies and good hit ups.

QLD's defense too good? Nah QLD defense was ok.. lol this was confirmed when stewart score. NSW attack was shit. I would put a big question mark for Cooper and King as well both were crap. Haynes was incredible as usual.

Bellamy to coach NSW? Gud chance. CAnt see Sheens opting for the job.

Even with forward pass - QLD won..lolz NSW is shit..Get Orford in the team and kick out Buderus for starters.
There's nothing in that post that seems to be legit.

Ryan is ordinary and always will be if he continues to play as a softy like he's been doing since god knows when. I've yet to see him run at the big men, he's always targeting the small men and until he actually creates an impact then he's definitely a softy and will always be one. Sure he tackles himself to the ground but he's got no sting in his defence really which Johnson shows time and time again.

Both Bird and Hoffman were given sh*t all time on the field, Bird was playing out of position and Hoffman played very well IMO for the limited time he was on the field for.

Bedsy's tackles were the only tackles with a bit of venom and spite in it, he was the only one showing some enthusiasm by rushing off the line to meet the QLD attack.

Stewart's try was due to the roll-over effect of quick plays that resulted in QLD defence madly rushing to get back onside and Stewart was quick enough to expose that, had NSW shown a bit more of a running game at dummy half then perhaps they could've repeated that but QLD defence was extraordinary if you ask me. Not once did NSW look like scoring despite having the better of the field position for the majority of the game.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
There's nothing in that post that seems to be legit.

Ryan is ordinary and always will be if he continues to play as a softy like he's been doing since god knows when. I've yet to see him run at the big men, he's always targeting the small men and until he actually creates an impact then he's definitely a softy and will always be one. Sure he tackles himself to the ground but he's got no sting in his defence really which Johnson shows time and time again.

Both Bird and Hoffman were given sh*t all time on the field, Bird was playing out of position and Hoffman played very well IMO for the limited time he was on the field for.

Bedsy's tackles were the only tackles with a bit of venom and spite in it, he was the only one showing some enthusiasm by rushing off the line to meet the QLD attack.

Stewart's try was due to the roll-over effect of quick plays that resulted in QLD defence madly rushing to get back onside and Stewart was quick enough to expose that, had NSW shown a bit more of a running game at dummy half then perhaps they could've repeated that but QLD defence was extraordinary if you ask me. Not once did NSW look like scoring despite having the better of the field position for the majority of the game.
Dude tackling the smaller men is lot harder especially QLD backs - they will squeeze or step their way through. If it wasnt for Ryan QLD would have score at least another try.

mat2154

HSC
ryan did not play well, to his credit he was mostly played at lock, which isn't his position, he lacks mobility and footwork. Gallen,bird or tupou would have been much better suited to lock

bored6

HSC
wuddie said:
can you explain the concept of 'pointless tackles'? how can any tackle be pointless? if it is there to be made then a tackle has to be made. you can talk about effective or ineffective tackles, but there is a point for every tackle made.

and umm, you obviously lack vocab big time, because words like 'fuck' and 'shit' and 'crap' come up all over the place in your posts. there is no need for them.

tho i tend to agree that the management and coaching sides are to blame. who on earth comes out and say 'nsw needs to be more aggressive' and brings out the axe to threaten their own players? that's the last thing they need.

everyone is blaming the players for not performing, king, cooper, bailey, bird, simpson, buderus, etc. they are all worthy of their spots. the reason they didn't play to their potential is that the selectors and coach had talked the mentality into them, they are all faced the option of playing to keep their spots.

i say bring back ricky stuart and leave that kangroo's job to someone less competent (murray, for example). that guy is dead set the best coach in the comp.
Yep. I tend to think Murray isn't a fantastic coach - even Sheens would probably be a better replacement.

You'd do well to ignore HotShot / iamsickofyear 12 - they know little to nothing about footy it seems =/

:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)