2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

mat2154

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I'm not going to miss Gower. Good riddance. :)
i actually liked gower, i thought he was a bit stupid off the field , but he puts 100% every time he is out on the field. admittedly, he hasn't played too well over the past few years, but good luck to him in pursuing his goal of making the italian rugby team.

HSC
mat2154 said:
i actually liked gower, i thought he was a bit stupid off the field , but he puts 100% every time he is out on the field. admittedly, he hasn't played too well over the past few years, but good luck to him in pursuing his goal of making the italian rugby team.
Change "a bit" stupid, to "very" stupid, and I'll agree with you. :)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
gower was a total knob off the field, but speaking of knobs, there must be something special about his that amanda flynn would marry him.

also, he's a crap half...he was better off as a hooker i reckon.

HSC
Hmmm, so Lyon's out of Origin (that'll make a lot of people happy!) and El Masri's been called in.

That's good for the Roosters who are playing the Doggies this week. :D

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
let's be honest, most players in the comp are there for firstly the money and secondly the fierce competition of nrl. if an english club comes to with 600k, way above your expected 400k, and knowing you only got a few years left, which part of your brain will tell you not to take it?

no matter how good an athlete is, bar golf, they only have 10-15 years to make the money (and 20 if you are shane warne). if you gave up on your education to play the sport, and knowing that after you retire only brickies will be lining up for you, you'd want to make as much money as you can whilst you are in demand. it is only logical.

so i can understand players changing teams because of money. all that loyalty thing is bullcrap if the money is not there.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
if lyon is out, why didn't the selectors get luke burt in. move matt king in the centres (where he usually plays) and put burt on the wing. a whole lot better than el masri at the moment.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wuddie said:
let's be honest, most players in the comp are there for firstly the money and secondly the fierce competition of nrl. if an english club comes to with 600k, way above your expected 400k, and knowing you only got a few years left, which part of your brain will tell you not to take it?

no matter how good an athlete is, bar golf, they only have 10-15 years to make the money (and 20 if you are shane warne). if you gave up on your education to play the sport, and knowing that after you retire only brickies will be lining up for you, you'd want to make as much money as you can whilst you are in demand. it is only logical.

so i can understand players changing teams because of money. all that loyalty thing is bullcrap if the money is not there.

no England is depressing....they should play NFL get paid millions..far easier than Rugby..

anyway all crackpot players are leaving so its good.

HSC
whoever is going up against inglis (whether that be el masri or hayne moves over) is going to get dominated, especially when these players are much shorter than inglis.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
watatank said:
whoever is going up against inglis (whether that be el masri or hayne moves over) is going to get dominated, especially when these players are much shorter than inglis.

Nah.. El Masri has proved himself well against taller players - the worry isnt there. The worry is whether our halves can be creative enough in attack..

Bowen is playing.. should be interesting. Um once again why isnt Orford playing?

Groethe is shit and so is King.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
manly, again, proves me right, too inconsistent to be a serious premiership contender. losing to the bottom team is no way excusable, no matter how many origin players are away - in fact, only 2.

roosters fans will be scratching their heads why they let soward leave. seriously, i hope mark omeley knows he is going to a club which can seriously jeopardise his rep future.

in origin, how will greg bird and kimmorley be creative is beyond my imagination. i mean, if you're in the qld side, and you hear those two is the halves combination, are you scared or are you in tears from laughter? the selectors need a real good hard look at themselves and resign, that's how we will win it next year.

HSC
wuddie said:
manly, again, proves me right, too inconsistent to be a serious premiership contender. losing to the bottom team is no way excusable, no matter how many origin players are away - in fact, only 2.
Because Manly lost, Dragons are ahead of the Roosters. :(
But not for long though... :shy:
wuddie said:
roosters fans will be scratching their heads why they let soward leave.
Not really. There was no room for him at the Roosters, and he makes too many mistakes IMO.
wuddie said:
seriously, i hope mark omeley knows he is going to a club which can seriously jeopardise his rep future.
Nah. Even though Roosters were on the very bottom of the ladder, for Origin One, Roosters still had 4 players playing.

HSC
wuddie said:

roosters fans will be scratching their heads why they let soward leave. seriously, i hope mark omeley knows he is going to a club which can seriously jeopardise his rep future.

in origin, how will greg bird and kimmorley be creative is beyond my imagination. i mean, if you're in the qld side, and you hear those two is the halves combination, are you scared or are you in tears from laughter? the selectors need a real good hard look at themselves and resign, that's how we will win it next year.
woohoo go the dragons :)

sowards going ok, lewis is going better at the titans and roosters lost both. :p

omeley knows what he is in for, he followed the money and the lifestyle of bondi.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Nah. Even though Roosters were on the very bottom of the ladder, for Origin One, Roosters still had 4 players playing.
and then in origin 3?

let's face it, hiring chris anderson as coach is dead set the blunder of the century (pun) for the club.

HSC
wuddie said:
and then in origin 3?

let's face it, hiring chris anderson as coach is dead set the blunder of the century (pun) for the club.
lol i see what you did there with that pun

myles is only one left, only on default though. because queenslands winning, not because he is any good or has contributed anything to their win. minchiellos good the others are just cats :rofl:

HSC
watatank said:
woohoo go the dragons :)

sowards going ok, lewis is going better at the titans and roosters lost both. :p

omeley knows what he is in for, he followed the money and the lifestyle of bondi.
I do miss Lewis... he's hot too. :shy:

As for Roosters + Origin: Minichiello and Anasta are out injured, but otherwise they'd definitely be there.

Pfft, Myles has almost played more Origin games this year, than he has for the Roosters!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)