2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

leon4u

HSC
Liverpool vs Everton twice in a week (fa cup and EPL)

Bahahahaha you blue nose kents are outtttttttttttttttttttttt!

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
I have a feeling the fa cup tie wont nearly be as entertaining as the premier league fixture.

kuytbird

HSC
Depends. If pool put out a 2nd string for the fa, everton will go on the attack, which will be interesting. If he doesnt, it could be both teams playing safe. But its a derby, so ur guess is as good as mine.

Best derby from memory was in 00-01 with Gary McAllister's 44 yard free kick in the 94th minute... :)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
kuytbird said:
Depends. If pool put out a 2nd string for the fa, everton will go on the attack, which will be interesting. If he doesnt, it could be both teams playing safe. But its a derby, so ur guess is as good as mine.

Best derby from memory was in 00-01 with Gary McAllister's 44 yard free kick in the 94th minute... :)
how about phil neville's save/handball to deny lucas at 1-1 last season :haha: it was a better save than most premier league goalies could pull off

would have been poor lucas' first p.l goal for liverpool too

u-borat

Banned
HSC
his reaction was pretty funny, it was like, "WHAT REF IT WAS AN ACCIDENT I SWEAR"

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
gary neville always has this shitty look on his face, like he wants to fight someone...all the time.

HSC
Some news.

Defoe to Tottenham has been officially confirmed. £15 million. Pompey are in serious trouble, they've lost Diarra, Defoe, Muntari and there are alot of Kranjcar/Johnson rumours. All of these losses coupled with a rookie manager in Tony Adams. Surely a bet for relegation is worth a punt!

Arsenal have officially been confirmed by the Zenit chief to be in talks for Arshavin. Arshavin is valued at £20 million by Zenit and, despite being such a big club, should Arsenal buy him it would smash their transfer record (Sylvain Wiltord for £13 million in 2000). But, get this... to free up space on the wage bill, they have allowed Bolton Wanderers to start talking with Denilson! :eek:

David Beckham has made his debut in the colours of the Rossoneri tonight, with Milan won on penalties (4-3) after a 1-1 draw with Hamburg in Dubai (where Lucas Neill was spotted at Milan's training camp!)

Last edited:

kuytbird

HSC
Pompey, playing the football they play, heading to relegation....never....

I can see Arsharvin heading to arsenal. Dont know why, he just looks like an arsenal player.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Arshavin is a waste of money at 20 mill. His value quadrupled on the basis of 3 epic games for Russia at Euro 2008. In the semi he was so effectively marked out of the game by Senna it wasn't funny. Anything over 8 mill is ridiculous imo. Plus Wenger will not spend 20 mill on a player who is 27. Mind you, he looks about 17 so he might be able to fool him.

Pompey could go down, but they aren't exactly Robinson Crusoe. Aside from the big four, Villa and Everton, maybe Fulham at this stage, any of the other 13 could realistically get relegated. Sides who are in the drop zone atm only need to win two games and they head into mid table. With the 35 mill they have received from Diarra and Defoe, they don't even need to spend half to invest in some decent Premiership standard players with the experience to keep them up.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Groucho Marxist said:
Some news.

Defoe to Tottenham has been officially confirmed. £15 million. Pompey are in serious trouble, they've lost Diarra, Defoe, Muntari and there are alot of Kranjcar/Johnson rumours. All of these losses coupled with a rookie manager in Tony Adams. Surely a bet for relegation is worth a punt!

Arsenal have officially been confirmed by the Zenit chief to be in talks for Arshavin. Arshavin is valued at £20 million by Zenit and, despite being such a big club, should Arsenal buy him it would smash their transfer record (Sylvain Wiltord for £13 million in 2000). But, get this... to free up space on the wage bill, they have allowed Bolton Wanderers to start talking with Denilson! :eek:

David Beckham has made his debut in the colours of the Rossoneri tonight, with Milan won on penalties (4-3) after a 1-1 draw with Hamburg in Dubai (where Lucas Neill was spotted at Milan's training camp!)
there is no way the professor lets go of denilson.

I'm pretty sure defoe can't be sold to tottenham; isn't there a rule that you cant transfer back to a club you've been at in the last year or something?

whatashotbyseve said:
Arshavin is a waste of money at 20 mill. His value quadrupled on the basis of 3 epic games for Russia at Euro 2008. In the semi he was so effectively marked out of the game by Senna it wasn't funny. Anything over 8 mill is ridiculous imo. Plus Wenger will not spend 20 mill on a player who is 27. Mind you, he looks about 17 so he might be able to fool him.

Pompey could go down, but they aren't exactly Robinson Crusoe. Aside from the big four, Villa and Everton, maybe Fulham at this stage, any of the other 13 could realistically get relegated. Sides who are in the drop zone atm only need to win two games and they head into mid table. With the 35 mill they have received from Diarra and Defoe, they don't even need to spend half to invest in some decent Premiership standard players with the experience to keep them up.
arshavin also destroyed the competition in the uefa cup, including bayern munich....

and the reason pompey are selling is because they're massively in debt; they can't afford to spend the money that they reap from transfer sales.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
u-borat said:
and the reason pompey are selling is because they're massively in debt; they can't afford to spend the money that they reap from transfer sales.
This is where you hope your CFO has half a brain.

Option A: Pompey spend 10-15 mill on reinforcements and stay up. Pompey receive a conservative 50 mill for next season in tv rights and higher ticket prices.

Option B: Pompey spend none of their revenue raised on players and instead seek to reduce their debt. Pompey subsequently go down. Next season, Pompey receives 20 mill in parachute payments and ticket sales.

Option C: Pompey spend none (or very little) of their revenue and stay up by the skin of their teeth. Pompey are in a much healthier financial position.

If I were Pompey, i would be spending money on defensive reinforcements as they are absolutely no certainties to stay up. It seems like a wise investment to me given the alternative. Obviously Option C is great but it doesn't look realistic atm unless some high quality loan signings are brought in. Maybe Adams needs to open up his contact book and ring Wenger?

HSC
Wenger wants to get Denilson off the wage list to afford Arshavin. As for Defoe, no such rule exists and he has been officially presented as a Spurs player.

Portsmouth don't have much of a hope IMO, they're gonna have to spend their money to stay up. They've already lost their three best players. Other than this their only hope is Adams coming out of retirement ;)

kuytbird

HSC
I rarely get to see them, but from memory their quite...english - can play on the ground but have a habit of cracking the long one...

I just hope they dont push Adams over the edge.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Groucho Marxist said:
Some news.

wrong denilson mate lol.

arshavin is a good player, very much in line with the arsenal mould. however, £20 million? i highly doubt it, especially considering he wont be playing champions league football.

i read somewhere he might go for around £10-12 million which sounds alot more realistic .

HSC
Izzay said:
wrong denilson mate lol.

arshavin is a good player, very much in line with the arsenal mould. however, £20 million? i highly doubt it, especially considering he wont be playing champions league football.

i read somewhere he might go for around £10-12 million which sounds alot more realistic .
my bad, did a bit too much drinking and read the article wrong I think :)

yeah, I don't think Arshavin is worth £20 million either but that's what they want for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)