2009 HSC Raw Marks (1 Viewer)

blackratpoo

HSC
Are you sure? Because that's kinda an odd way to approach things.
cem (genius modern marker/judge) said this too. 40% belonging is enough let alone 45%. i guess, they could make creative out of 10 or something or better yet get rid of it!:spin:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The English syllabus explicitly states 40% of the course must be the Area and Study with the remaining 60% for the modules which is why Paper 1 must be converted to mark out of 40 for appropriate weighting.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Anybody know what a 100/120 for 2U maths would have aligned to in the 2009 HSC?

ital101

HSC
This is ridiculous. I hope by 2011 raw Higher School Certificate (NSW) results will be given out freely. This moderation process makes sense, due to some assessments being harder, e.g. Ruse Assessment vs Marian Catholic College Assessment program. But we should still get our original assessment mark, if not from BOS then from our schools.

And the exam marks needn't be moderated or aligned at all. Handing out raw marks would make no difference to ATARs because, SCALING IS DONE ON YOUR RAW MARKS!

laila09

HSC
Hey,

How do I get my raw marks?
How much do they cost?

determine

Premium Member
HSC
my guess is about ~ 92/93. you got 99 so why do you ask?
i have a friend that was curious, because they got 92 haha! so we were just trying to take a stab at an approximate raw mark, and so if your right, our raw mark prediction is right on the mark!

how about a 95 (final mark)? what raw mark would be needed for that?

blackratpoo

HSC
im no genius - but i'd say 107/8 ish - the marks tend to align a lot less as they get better. what do you think you got for your 99? 118/119?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
$30, $15 for minors.

Write to stephen parkes, the FOI Coordinator at the Board of Studies NSW. Request raw marks. Blah blah.

stephen.parkes@bos.edu.au ... I think
For a request to be legally binding it must be submitted on paper (reg 4, Electronic Transactions Regulation 2007), but that is indeed his email address if you have any questions.

ital101 said:
This is ridiculous. I hope by 2011 raw Higher School Certificate (NSW) results will be given out freely. This moderation process makes sense, due to some assessments being harder, e.g. Ruse Assessment vs Marian Catholic College Assessment program. But we should still get our original assessment mark, if not from BOS then from our schools.

And the exam marks needn't be moderated or aligned at all. Handing out raw marks would make no difference to ATARs because, SCALING IS DONE ON YOUR RAW MARKS!
I don't mind the use of aligning, since it makes the results more comparable, but I'm hoping they implement the Ombudsman recommendation for releasing raw marks through an automated system.

ital101

HSC
I reckon 99% would be equivalent to a raw HSC examination mark of ~116/120. :)

I'm probably wrong but. I didn't do mathematics in Year 11 or Year 12, so please don't trust my estimation!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
To get a 99 in the Mathematics course I think you would have needed at least 116/120, possibly 117... but it all depends on how the whole state went.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The problem with releasing raw marks alone is that they are not comparable between years. The intended purpose of aligning to ensure that variations in difficulty throughout the years are adjusted for accordingly and no one is disadvantaged. Also, not everyone wants an ATAR, quite a number of people just want their HSC marks and then go straight to the workforce...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)