2009 SRC Elections (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
elly won president quite comprehensively.

last i saw honi looked like going to vox. It was between vox and ace.

count started on nus

reps ballots havent even been touched.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Ace got Honi by 66 votes (Hatter prefs. called it). Tom Clement outpolled by informals for President. NUS looking like 700ish votes to Activate, 500ish to Spark, 300ish to Whigs - proper count tomorrow. Fuck knows for SRC distributions.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
will not be impressed if vox gets honi >: (
Because you're a humourless fucking moron who wants their student publication to be unreadably bad?

For everyone's information this is what Ace had to do to secure Labor left's first honi preference:

1. Give first NUS preferece to Activate.
2. Give Elly first preference for President.
3. Put Activate above their own fucking SRC tickets on their how to votes.
4. Hand every single ballot paper any of their SRC reps get at the office bearer election meeting over to Labor left.

Vox are a really great bunch of people who were too dignified to make such a retarded deal, it's a real fucking shame that they lost.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Because you're a humourless fucking moron who wants their student publication to be unreadably bad?

For everyone's information this is what Ace had to do to secure Labor left's first honi preference:

4. Hand every single ballot paper any of their SRC reps get at the office bearer election meeting over to Labor left.

Vox are a really great bunch of people who were too dignified to make such a retarded deal, it's a real fucking shame that they lost.
i don't see what that has to do with whether or not they'll be good editors. the honi tickets don't really care about the other (totally pointless) elections, so if they want to grab a few extra votes from the NLS hacks by telling people to vote for NLS in said pointless elections on a how-to-vote card that no one will pay attention to anyway, good luck to them.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
i don't see what that has to do with whether or not they'll be good editors. the honi tickets don't really care about the other (totally pointless) elections, so if they want to grab a few extra votes from the NLS hacks by telling people to vote for NLS in said pointless elections on a how-to-vote card that no one will pay attention to anyway, good luck to them.
HTVs actually have a surprisingly high follow rate, and if they didn't care about the other elections they wouldn't be running in them. The fact that you'll agree to put your own ticket second after NLS really shows they've got you over a barrell.

EDIT: They're also the worse editorial team.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

maybe next year you can create three honi teams, dress them up in different coloured shirts, appeal for a boost juice and win the election that way! :D

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Honi Soit

3960 votes

1551 Vox
1470 Ace
500 Hatter
151 Tom Clement for Prez for Honi
148 Informal
94 Cyborgs
29 Skynet
17 F& Sons

Following distribution of preferences, Ace win by 66 votes.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
all of left focus + students for palestine, except me, would have voted for them
You just delivered them 5 votes

EDIT: OMG 5 000 posts. Glad this was my 5 000. Thanks for everyone who helped me get there along the way including Israel.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)