2011 Trial HSC discussion (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: Trials soon

Our last assessment was volumes and the polynomial/complex breed. We did so many questions, 18 out of the 36 marks on the test were on complex.

I know you're pain, but man, after you do enough of them they're ok :\ And i mean, enough :\
what textbooks did you use to practice them?

Chambalam

HSC

what textbooks did you use to practice them?
Cambridge, Pheonix, About 6 Trials, 10 Past Papers worth, Terry Lee, Firtzpatrick - all of them really :S The assessment was on such a narrow range of topics that I had the time to do ALL from each book, because there so few questions

HSC

I like mechanics, conics, volumes and polynomials, integration

hate curve sketching complex

havent completed harder 3 unit yet
we haven't totally finished mechanics yet, but it seems pretty solid

SpreadTheWord

HSC

Look guys don't worry trials can be difficult, but not excessively. As long as you have done a suitable amount of study, then that's all that is needed. I found in my trials that i had plenty of time. Also if you don't do as good as you would have liked, then as long as you know where you went wrong, then you can improve for the HSC, when your marks actually count.
In reality there is only so much you can read over, the rest i would recommend; as most of you are is to do past papers. You will find questions in your trials can be similar, not the same of course.

Sandraa4U

HSC

I havent studied because they decide to give us assignment and I have my PIP due all first day back!!!!!
But Im feeling fairly confident for trials. LOljks Im screwed. :/

Skyzor

HSC

Only worried about english and legal studies for the trials, everything else is 'cram-able' in the little time i have left.

I do hate the fact that in all my subjects (except modern) we still have a shit-ton of content to cover... contradicts the whole purpose of having the trials.

Last edited:

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad

Only worried about english and legal studies for the trials, everything else is 'cram-able' in the little time i have left.

I do hate the fact that in all my subjects (except modern) we still have a shit-ton of content to cover... contradicts the whole purpose of having the trials.
I don't think the whole of the HSC content is being tested in trials. In 4U my school hasn't completed Mechanics, Conics or Volumes so some of those topics might be left out in our Trials. But for the most part, majority of course content is being tested.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC

I don't think the whole of the HSC content is being tested in trials. In 4U my school hasn't completed Mechanics, Conics or Volumes so some of those topics might be left out in our Trials. But for the most part, majority of course content is being tested.
wow u guys have a lot to finish still. we hav to finish circular motion and harder 3U at my school

HSC
Uni Grad

Apparently at our school, we have to actually start mechanics and complete the rest of harder 3U. But then again, it'll probs just be on what the class has covered...

jamesfirst

HSC

I think I rather used it effectively... Wish I had a longer holiday tho.

I'm quite nervous for the trials :S

jamesfirst

HSC

I havent studied because they decide to give us assignment and I have my PIP due all first day back!!!!!
Mate.

2000 word essay for SOR + English conflicting perspectives assignment + Physics report and presentation + fucking trials.

That's some fucked up shit ..

Gemineye

HSC
N/A

Ahahah yeahhh pretty much the same! Adv. English, Ancient, Ext. Hist, Art Theory, and study...
Oh and my Art major is Due 2nd week back; Faarrrkkk! I swear i have not slept these holidays at all... :/

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

I continue to ponder over the minimal study I've done these holidays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)