2014 MX2 trial papers? (1 Viewer)

HSC
That's good yeah i started focusing more on eco and business which I had neglected earlier. English omg is so boring i ceebs doing it :(
English is most likely the subjects that's going to influence your ATAR heavily. :p

HSC
engrish is only 20% of your ATAR; just do better in your other subjects
Yeah, however if you are doing good in your other subjects, improving in them would only marginally improve your atar, as opposed to improving english, which would increase ATAR dramatically.

There's no point of improving maths by 1 HSC mark (example) because it makes like 0.05 difference in ATAR. However improving english by 1 mark, could improve your atar by 0.5

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Yeah, however if you are doing good in your other subjects, improving in them would only marginally improve your atar, as opposed to improving english, which would increase ATAR dramatically.

There's no point of improving maths by 1 HSC mark (example) because it makes like 0.05 difference in ATAR. However improving english by 1 mark, could improve your atar by 0.5
source pls

but yeah if you're getting like 95% raw in maths but only 60% in english then obvs spend some time on english but what I was saying is if you have a choice between maths and english; then IMO choose maths cos maff all day erry day

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
source pls

but yeah if you're getting like 95% raw in maths but only 60% in english then obvs spend some time on english but what I was saying is if you have a choice between maths and english; then IMO choose maths cos maff all day erry day
hmm I get what he means by the bolded part like if you plug it into an atar calculator it shows, but yeah screw engrhlish. but it still is important to perform decently in it

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
hmm I get what he means by the bolded part like if you plug it into an atar calculator it shows, but yeah screw engrhlish. but it still is important to perform decently in it
yes preform decently but realise it is not also the end of the world

HSC
source pls

Atar Calculator. Put say 80 for English, and then say 90 for 4u and 90 for 3u. (have 2 other random subjects). Increase marks for maths, minimal Atar change. Increase english marks, boom ATAR.

This is what i've realised with my marks and subjects lol, obviously different for others, however i think for most of us, english is heavily influential

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Atar Calculator. Put say 80 for English, and then say 90 for 4u and 90 for 3u. (have 2 other random subjects). Increase marks for maths, minimal Atar change. Increase english marks, boom ATAR.

This is what i've realised with my marks and subjects lol, obviously different for others, however i think for most of us, english is heavily influential
well yeah pretty much everyone does inglish so by getting one mark extra will put you of ahead say a few hundred students whereas getting one more mark in maths may only put you ahead like 80 places (but hard to improve from 90)

yeah I see what you're saying though

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
Indeed we do.
If only I had the power to do so, I would eliminate each and every trace of English there is and make highschool completely based on Math and Physics and probably bio chem and eco and business. We came this far into modern society because of these not because of some poetry or some creative writing.

HSC
If only I had the power to do so, I would eliminate each and every trace of English there is and make highschool completely based on Math and Physics and probably bio chem and eco and business. We came this far into modern society because of these not because of some poetry or some creative writing.
The course that i want to do next year at uni is basically maths. lel hate english.

mreditor16

HSC
two things:

a) can we get back on topic

b)

The course that i want to do next year at uni is basically maths. lel hate english.
actuarial is not just maths. look at the compulsory units for actuarial at unsw:

•ACTL1101 The Financial Life-Cycle (6 UOC)
•ACTL1122 Corporate Governance for Actua (6 UOC)
•ECON1101 Microeconomics 1 (6 UOC)
•ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1 (6 UOC)
•FINS1613 Business Finance (6 UOC)
•MATH1151 Maths - Actuarial & Finance 1A (6 UOC)
•MATH1251 Maths - Actuarial & Finance 1B (6 UOC)

only two of 6 are maths. the others may include maths, yes. but no offense, I hate it when people say actuarial is just maths. that generalisation in my opinion is completely false.

thank you - minirant over.

dunjaaa

HSC
That Q16 (b) integral was one of the nicest crafted integrals I've ever seen, so beautiful...

HSC
two things:

a) can we get back on topic

b)

actuarial is not just maths. look at the compulsory units for actuarial at unsw:

•ACTL1101 The Financial Life-Cycle (6 UOC)
•ACTL1122 Corporate Governance for Actua (6 UOC)
•ECON1101 Microeconomics 1 (6 UOC)
•ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1 (6 UOC)
•FINS1613 Business Finance (6 UOC)
•MATH1151 Maths - Actuarial & Finance 1A (6 UOC)
•MATH1251 Maths - Actuarial & Finance 1B (6 UOC)

only two of 6 are maths. the others may include maths, yes. but no offense, I hate it when people say actuarial is just maths. that generalisation in my opinion is completely false.

thank you - minirant over.
Hahaha :p my bad

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
here?
check the sig for 2014 4U papers (first link)
(no cssa/ind here)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)