2017ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
How's year 12 compared to year 11
It's way more nerve-wracking when you're getting exams back because each one has quite a big impact on your final rank.

It's exciting though, 2 more terms of school then we never have to do english (subjective, rote-learning, opinionated subject) again.

mgill1

HSC
Does anyone know why they keep taking down the timetable, also anyone else get a week of exams cause I do and I'm currently dying :(

Last edited:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
My school has assessments spread throughout this term and then trials in week 8-9 with the whole course in it gg....

Bio communication exam week 6
Physics Q2Q exam week 7
Trials week 8-9

Too much work :spin:

boredsatan

HSC
My school has assessments spread throughout this term and then trials in week 8-9 with the whole course in it gg....

Physics Q2Q exam week 7
Trials week 8-9

Good luck with exams!

HSC
That's insane >___> nsb?
Do they really expect everyone to have learnt the entire course ... Good luck yo

jathu123

HSC

Physics Q2Q exam week 7
Trials week 8-9

lmao dw you got this bruh

MohammedAhsan

HSC
To anyone reading this and beyond,
I am in a very precarious situation and I desperately need help. The story is as follows:

I just recently had my mid-yearly exams. Most of them were a disaster. In Physics I got (49/85), Maths Ext 2 (43/70), Maths Ext 1 (34.5/50), English Adv (35/55) and Economics (57/80). Chemistry was good (76/80).

The overall ranks for these subjects at the moment aren't great either: 5th for Phys (and a fair way behind 1st..) 7th in Ecos, 4th in Maths Ext 1, 3rd in Maths Ext 2, and ~15th in English Advanced. 1st in Chem (something to smile about, I think...)

So basically, I have to drop Physics, as Physics just didn't work at all for me and my teacher and several advisors told me that 'it can't be rescued... you won't even get a Band 5'. If I was to drop Physics, I would be on 11 units (as I also do Ext 1 English). And I am definitely gonna drop physics...

There is also the possibility that one unit of Ext Eng 1 counts instead of one from Adv (in the end, for the HSC). Then that would mean that all my other remaining units are definitely counting.

My questions are these: What units/subjects should I focus more on, and how? Is there a certain aspect I missing? Is my ATAR still salvageable?! Do I give up now.. go into trades...?

In advance, I am happy to give more information if needed.

Thanks everyone

PSS: I am sorry if I interrupted anyone's thread line....

si2136

HSC
N/A
To anyone reading this and beyond,
I am in a very precarious situation and I desperately need help. The story is as follows:

I just recently had my mid-yearly exams. Most of them were a disaster. In Physics I got (49/85), Maths Ext 2 (43/70), Maths Ext 1 (34.5/50), English Adv (35/55) and Economics (57/80). Chemistry was good (76/80).

The overall ranks for these subjects at the moment aren't great either: 5th for Phys (and a fair way behind 1st..) 7th in Ecos, 4th in Maths Ext 1, 3rd in Maths Ext 2, and ~15th in English Advanced. 1st in Chem (something to smile about, I think...)

So basically, I have to drop Physics, as Physics just didn't work at all for me and my teacher and several advisors told me that 'it can't be rescued... you won't even get a Band 5'. If I was to drop Physics, I would be on 11 units (as I also do Ext 1 English). And I am definitely gonna drop physics...

There is also the possibility that one unit of Ext Eng 1 counts instead of one from Adv (in the end, for the HSC). Then that would mean that all my other remaining units are definitely counting.

My questions are these: What units/subjects should I focus more on, and how? Is there a certain aspect I missing? Is my ATAR still salvageable?! Do I give up now.. go into trades...?

In advance, I am happy to give more information if needed.

Thanks everyone

PSS: I am sorry if I interrupted anyone's thread line....
Doesn't seem bad, your school exams could be hard, you'll smash the externals! We don't know what your school rank is, so we assume so.

11 units isn't bad, it makes an option for an extra backup too. I didn't see that you had your 3U Eng rank up there, but yes it can count and it does scale comparatively well, but is it worth it, when you can focus on other subjects too?

Good luck!

No Study

HSC
Hey yall. If i get an n award i still get an atar as long as its not english right? And i get 0 for that subject but besides that nothing else happens? Thanks.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey yall. If i get an n award i still get an atar as long as its not english right? And i get 0 for that subject but besides that nothing else happens? Thanks.
How many subjects do you do? I'd assume you'd still be eligible for an ATAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)