2020-HSC chat (1 Viewer)

Carl10101

HSC
Most of my trials are 40% or 30%, for some subjects I had take home assignments worth more than the trials :angel:

popjin

HSC
Hey hey! I have my English Paper 2 trials tomorrow and I've never felt so underprepared for an exam in my life. Any potential last minute tips or advice?

throwaway2318

HSC
I’m legit in the same boat. Am just memorising quotes/techniques to use for Module B, and did a brief dot point thingo for what to discuss in my paragraphs. Also figure out the various unique techniques from the texts in each module for Module C.
Module A can go burn itself, no offence

popjin

HSC
I’m legit in the same boat. Am just memorising quotes/techniques to use for Module B, and did a brief dot point thingo for what to discuss in my paragraphs. Also figure out the various unique techniques from the texts in each module for Module C.
Module A can go burn itself, no offence
hahaha that's so relatable. Especially all the context for Mod A, I only realised last week??? I'm essentially just trying to cram quotes now as well. No idea how it's going to go tomorrow for Mod C especially. At this point I'm just praying trials doesn't torpedo my ranks too much.

shashysha

HSC
Hey hey! I have my English Paper 2 trials tomorrow and I've never felt so underprepared for an exam in my life. Any potential last minute tips or advice?
pray.

I was in your position like 3 days ago lol just try to remember ideas / points and your quotes. I found quotes much easier to memorise than I initially thought so good luck!

studiesofboard

HSC
Tips:
  • Do not panic. Breathe. :)
  • Tee tables like @Velocifire had mentioned - useful because you don't know what question is going to be asked and tee tables will allow you to adapt more effectively in your thesis when trying to answer the question. Make sure you answer the question because some people forget this step :/
  • Mod C - you could be asked a narrative, persuasive or discursive - so make sure you know everything about these by creating a plan
  • lastly, good luck!

vinlatte

HSC
I just got my results for the english trials, it sucks and it's a strange motivation to do more than just passing for the real thing.

Ngl, Mod C was better than the other two mods. Writing a unique short story with the picture prompt and identify and justify techniques used.

Mod A, I knew I underprepared myself by not reading the second book and only reading summaries. Mod B was a sad 4/20 for me. The question tripped me up and I had to twist my poems to make sense with the statement. It obv didn't work out.

Anyways, I did get lots of feedback, hopefully it'll help:
Remember your quotes and expand the technique into discussing high concepts and ideas.
Deeply understand the context and themes so you can justify any thesis you make!

Good luck to everyone!! You've got this!! :)

vinlatte

HSC
I know that for my English trials - Module c it is going to be a narrative. @vinlatte said that theirs was a narrative. Possibly @popjin yours would be a narrative. :)
Actually, mine was a choice between discursive and narrative, I think I remember.

And it was much easier to write a narrative. Just don't rewrite the inspired text like waking up as a bug.

yooook

HSC
will trials be a choice between narrative and discursive or only 1?

shashysha

HSC
will trials be a choice between narrative and discursive or only 1?
Usually I think there are 4? (not sure) text types they can ask - informative discursive imaginative and persuasive. My school asked for imaginative but you should prepare for all 4 (although informative is pretty easy so doubt theyll ask that)

idkkdi

HSC
I just got my results for the english trials, it sucks and it's a strange motivation to do more than just passing for the real thing.

Ngl, Mod C was better than the other two mods. Writing a unique short story with the picture prompt and identify and justify techniques used.

Mod A, I knew I underprepared myself by not reading the second book and only reading summaries. Mod B was a sad 4/20 for me. The question tripped me up and I had to twist my poems to make sense with the statement. It obv didn't work out.

Anyways, I did get lots of feedback, hopefully it'll help:
Remember your quotes and expand the technique into discussing high concepts and ideas.
Deeply understand the context and themes so you can justify any thesis you make!

Good luck to everyone!! You've got this!! :)
Wait, 4/20 or 14/20?

Kangaaroo

HSC
N/A
Usually I think there are 4? (not sure) text types they can ask - informative discursive imaginative and persuasive. My school asked for imaginative but you should prepare for all 4 (although informative is pretty easy so doubt theyll ask that)
Even though it's in the rubric I don't think you can be asked to write an informative piece for Mod C.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)