2020-HSC chat (1 Viewer)

studiesofboard

HSC
Tips:
  • Do not panic. Breathe. :)
  • Tee tables like @Velocifire had mentioned - useful because you don't know what question is going to be asked and tee tables will allow you to adapt more effectively in your thesis when trying to answer the question. Make sure you answer the question because some people forget this step :/
  • Mod C - you could be asked a narrative, persuasive or discursive - so make sure you know everything about these by creating a plan
  • lastly, good luck!

vinlatte

HSC
I just got my results for the english trials, it sucks and it's a strange motivation to do more than just passing for the real thing.

Ngl, Mod C was better than the other two mods. Writing a unique short story with the picture prompt and identify and justify techniques used.

Mod A, I knew I underprepared myself by not reading the second book and only reading summaries. Mod B was a sad 4/20 for me. The question tripped me up and I had to twist my poems to make sense with the statement. It obv didn't work out.

Anyways, I did get lots of feedback, hopefully it'll help:
Remember your quotes and expand the technique into discussing high concepts and ideas.
Deeply understand the context and themes so you can justify any thesis you make!

Good luck to everyone!! You've got this!! :)

vinlatte

HSC
I know that for my English trials - Module c it is going to be a narrative. @vinlatte said that theirs was a narrative. Possibly @popjin yours would be a narrative. :)
Actually, mine was a choice between discursive and narrative, I think I remember.

And it was much easier to write a narrative. Just don't rewrite the inspired text like waking up as a bug.

yooook

HSC
will trials be a choice between narrative and discursive or only 1?

shashysha

HSC
will trials be a choice between narrative and discursive or only 1?
Usually I think there are 4? (not sure) text types they can ask - informative discursive imaginative and persuasive. My school asked for imaginative but you should prepare for all 4 (although informative is pretty easy so doubt theyll ask that)

idkkdi

HSC
I just got my results for the english trials, it sucks and it's a strange motivation to do more than just passing for the real thing.

Ngl, Mod C was better than the other two mods. Writing a unique short story with the picture prompt and identify and justify techniques used.

Mod A, I knew I underprepared myself by not reading the second book and only reading summaries. Mod B was a sad 4/20 for me. The question tripped me up and I had to twist my poems to make sense with the statement. It obv didn't work out.

Anyways, I did get lots of feedback, hopefully it'll help:
Remember your quotes and expand the technique into discussing high concepts and ideas.
Deeply understand the context and themes so you can justify any thesis you make!

Good luck to everyone!! You've got this!! :)
Wait, 4/20 or 14/20?

Kangaaroo

HSC
N/A
Usually I think there are 4? (not sure) text types they can ask - informative discursive imaginative and persuasive. My school asked for imaginative but you should prepare for all 4 (although informative is pretty easy so doubt theyll ask that)
Even though it's in the rubric I don't think you can be asked to write an informative piece for Mod C.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Wow, good luck to all the people that have them. I hope y’all move up the ranks or maintain 1st if you are topping.

Mazar97

HSC
My trials start tmrw and I already know I’m going to fail English.

mmmm.

HSC
How would you guys study for modern history? Just memorise your notes? I'm also in somewhat of a dilemma, i have 20 pages of notes to memorise and only 1 day till my modern exam, on average i can get through about 11-13 pages of notes in one day. Out of the 20 pages, around 8 are on a new topic and the other 12 are the last dot points for IndoChina. Should i leave the rest of IndoChina and just do the new topic (US Civil Rights Movement)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)