2020-HSC chat (1 Viewer)

SplashJuice

HSC
Ahhh everyone keeps counting down days til graduation, hsc, formal and saying final (blank) ever. As much as I want high school to be over, I'm also not prepared for all of this :c
I want High School to end and not end at the same time, after High School ends you will never get the feeling of community anymore, you can't come and goof around with your friends everyday, however on the plus side you won't have to see the jerks ever again. Oh well, time must do its thing :(

popjin

HSC
It's gonna be a grind, I (and a lot of other ppl prob) have trials weeks 5-7. I think that you're not supposed to be prepared for trials, it should give you an idea of how much work you need to do to do well or better than you did in trials, trials are basically the HSC just with less time to prep.
Trials week 2 - I'm stressing for mainly english but I think as soon as i finish english I'll be in a much better place lol
Legit same, English especially, how is one suppose to do a decent essay in 40 minutes??? Only way I can think of is just to have everything prememorized

Last edited:

studiesofboard

HSC
Legit same, not sure how it is for you guys we have 50% weighting trials since our term 2 assessments got interrupted by covid. English especially, how is one suppose to do a decent essay in 40 minutes??? I'd feel so much better if it were weighted less or not at all.
Um 50%. Is it actually. I was never told this ffs. :confused: :rolleyes:

popjin

HSC
Ahhh everyone keeps counting down days til graduation, hsc, formal and saying final (blank) ever. As much as I want high school to be over, I'm also not prepared for all of this :c
I want High School to end and not end at the same time, after High School ends you will never get the feeling of community anymore, you can't come and goof around with your friends everyday, however on the plus side you won't have to see the jerks ever again. Oh well, time must do its thing :(
Really? I feel totally opposite, I love my friends and most of my classes, but I can't wait to just get out of here and into uni or whatever. I just feel like I've been here so long there isn't much left for me.

studiesofboard

HSC
Probably not for you guys but online learning hit us right as we were doing half yearlies and everyone complained about cheating in online tests so they made them unweighted and moved the weighting moved to trials
You had online tests. Wth

studiesofboard

HSC
The people in my year who were doing Maths actually had to go to school and sit there exam ahah.

popjin

HSC
The people in my year who were doing Maths actually had to go to school and sit there exam ahah.
That is a massive rip, my school district was pretty much a covid hotspot at the time so not really an option haha. Although I think our school actually concidered "socially distanced testing" but it didn't work out since there weren't enough teachers willing to come in and supervise

popjin

HSC
How would that even work though lol ah because you have to use medical equipment.
I think the idea was that you'd have 10-15 people per classroom and a teacher in each to supervise with all the usual procedures (hand sanitizing, wiping down desks, etc) but obviously that was way too bothersome and you'd need two weeks notice since it's an HSC task so it ultimately all fell apart

EDIT: For reference we have about 80 ppl doing adv maths so you'd need 8 classrooms and teachers for one test

Carl10101

HSC
Most of my trials are 40% or 30%, for some subjects I had take home assignments worth more than the trials :angel:

popjin

HSC
Hey hey! I have my English Paper 2 trials tomorrow and I've never felt so underprepared for an exam in my life. Any potential last minute tips or advice?

throwaway2318

HSC
I’m legit in the same boat. Am just memorising quotes/techniques to use for Module B, and did a brief dot point thingo for what to discuss in my paragraphs. Also figure out the various unique techniques from the texts in each module for Module C.
Module A can go burn itself, no offence

popjin

HSC
I’m legit in the same boat. Am just memorising quotes/techniques to use for Module B, and did a brief dot point thingo for what to discuss in my paragraphs. Also figure out the various unique techniques from the texts in each module for Module C.
Module A can go burn itself, no offence
hahaha that's so relatable. Especially all the context for Mod A, I only realised last week??? I'm essentially just trying to cram quotes now as well. No idea how it's going to go tomorrow for Mod C especially. At this point I'm just praying trials doesn't torpedo my ranks too much.

shashysha

HSC
Hey hey! I have my English Paper 2 trials tomorrow and I've never felt so underprepared for an exam in my life. Any potential last minute tips or advice?
pray.

I was in your position like 3 days ago lol just try to remember ideas / points and your quotes. I found quotes much easier to memorise than I initially thought so good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)