3 band 6's but didnt get a 90? (1 Viewer)

0hNivlek

HSC
Yeah the two people who got ATARs just under me got 3 band 6's each and the rest bands 5's while i only got 1 band 6 and all band 5's. I beat them by 1+ ATAR lol.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I was exaggerating, just wanted to know if he was being serious or not.

fsal

HSC
This is for the OP: what difference does it make if you got 90 instead of 89? i dont see much difference in the two, if its because you want to brag to people you hit the 90's just tell people you got 90, you were close enough. Personally i dont think its a big deal, many would wish they had recieved the same UAI as you.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
a girl at my school got 4 band 6's and only got 89.something

its because her subjects didnt scale well

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Your ATAR probably varied from what the calculators gave you because of the varying canditature of Polish Continuers.
Only about 35 students took it this year, so the scaling would vary a lot from year to year compared with the other subjects.

dan2452

HSC
You did really well for the subjects that you did, but they dont scale too well against ext. maths and english...

But you would get into a uni course in second and third rounds at least, or if you live in a country area you will get in on the first intake.

Good job :pirate:

Lachycharts

Don't afraid of anything!
HSC
Ill tell my sister to drop maths
This would be a silly thing to do. She may be good at maths or she may be bad at different subjects so just because you didn't do as well as you wanted to in that particular subject doesn't mean it will be the same for her (but I can tell you are a bit pissed at maths so I can understand why you would do that). Just wait and see what her strengths and weaknesses are.

You did really, really well but I can understand why you just wanted to get that little bit higher. Chin up :)

adcommo

HSC
N/A
i got 2 band 6s english adv. (91) and art (92) and 3 band 5s (89, 86, 82) and got 91 for atar.....so who knows???? but 89 is still extremely good!

sparo

HSC
ADAM! (guess who it is...i'm in your maths class and I go to your saturday school ;) ) i guessed it was you cos of your subjects haha :D

i'm doing the exact same thing with my sister...I'm helping her with english as much as possible and getting her to read as many books possible so that she aces english and does 4u of english and can afford to drop maths completely! she HATES maths right now...so hopefully she can be like the smart ones in our school that dropped maths and did 4u english and the humanities and got over 99 atar haha

shame you didn't get over 90 :( I know that you deserved it...knowing you throughout high school with your genius marks in year 8 and 9! oh and congrats on your band 6 in english!

but at least you get into uni :) good luck with everything though!

bubbrubb

HSC
look mate...

to put it simply... you didnt do exceptional even at shitty subjects. u must be a totally lost cause if you thought that scraping low band 6's at polish continuers and pdhpe and JUST touching 90 with adv eng was going to do much good when you pull them down with band a band 4... they are shitty scaling subjects because they are relatively easy. its no wonder you didnt perform in maths... because its harder.

all 60K+ students went under the same system as you and 10 atar points worht of students beat you fair and square.

p.s. what the fuck is the difference between 89 and 90 neway. if it doesnt make a difference to your course then why does matter? furthermore hitting 90.00 atar is not something worth parading about neway...

and dont tell your sister to drop maths unless she will struggle as much as you seemingly did because its what will help her get a better atar than you did.

froggy22

HSC
i got 3 band 6s only and got 98.9

and they were like low ones 90-92

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)